Is it safe to put 70% isopropyl alcohol in my controllers joystick

Discus and support Is it safe to put 70% isopropyl alcohol in my controllers joystick in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey I wanted to know if putting a few drops of 70% isopropyl alcohol inside my controller where the joystick is will damage it, I took the batteries... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MatthewCoffman1, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Is it safe to put 70% isopropyl alcohol in my controllers joystick

Hey I wanted to know if putting a few drops of 70% isopropyl alcohol inside my controller where the joystick is will damage it, I took the batteries out and I want to fix some stick drift but don't want to take apart the controller and I heard alcohol can fix stick drift if it's the dirtiness that's the problem . And I'll also let it dry out for a while after

:)

MatthewCoffman1, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

I won't go into the ins and outs of controller repair, as that's not allowed here. You'll need to go elsewhere for repair help on Xbox hardware.

However, you shouldn't drip or pour isopropyl alcohol inside your controller and certainly not the 70% stuff. If you’re simply cleaning something like adhesive externally off something metal or plastic, 70% would do it, but less pure isopropyl contains water which would contain impurities which could actually damage the circuit board in your your controller. It needs to be 90%, as said before, it should not be dripped in.
  3. PLDN Starseed Win User

Slippery controller solution

Solution:

Get a face cloth

Get isopropyl alcohol used to clean cuts. 70-90%

Dab the alcohol onto the cloth

Wipe down controller with the cloth.

You now have a super grip controller!
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

Usage of isopropyl alcohol on controller joysticks

Hello Sraccoon1,

Thank you for your post. Using a higher percentage isopropyl alcohol (71% - 99) on your controller will not damage it. Going lower than 70% runs the risk of damaging your controller with a high amount of water.

I hope this helps.
  5. ImAice Win User

Xbox controller disinfectant wipe

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Good question. For Xbox controllers, they have actually tested the safety of using the following isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution and disinfectant wipes.

Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution 70% or less

PDI Sani-Cloth:registered: Plus

Covidien:tm: Alcohol Prep pads

CaviWipes:tm:

Clorox Healthcare:registered: Bleach Germicidal Wipes

Total Solutions:registered: Disinfectant Wipes

As long as you use disinfectant wipes listed above or a soft cloth dampened with an IPA solution 70% or less, that's totally fine. Just make sure that the port will not be wet on the inside.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series controller problem

Hi,

Oh dear. If the controller still works with a USB cable then at least it seems no damage has been sustained to the controller PCB. Other than a repair, you could try scrapping off the acid followed up with some Isopropyl alcohol. You can buy Isopropyl alcohol pads that are designed for cleaning PCB's and edge connectors.

If you don't clean it off pronto it will continue to corrode the controller.
Thema:

1. Is it safe to put 70% isopropyl alcohol in my controllers joystick - Similar Threads - safe put 70%

2. Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.: Hello I already tried everything thats out on the internet for getting my cloudsafefile back but nothing works. I would like to have a contact from somebody that could help me to get that sorted...
  3. Hi, I have a window ac unit and was wondering if it is safe to have the AC blowing towards...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have a window ac unit and was wondering if it is safe to have the AC blowing towards...: I have an Window ac unit for my room because it gets hot even with the big ac unit for the whole house blowing, my room in in the sun more so it gets hot. I have an ac unit that blowing towards my...
  4. Are pdp controllers safe to use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers safe to use?: Are pdp controllers safe to use? 19baa6c5-af32-4d6c-8f8e-8c42a61e02c9
  5. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  6. Stay safe?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Stay safe?: I have received a message from Xbox1staysafe asking to confirm my identity with a picture due to an age restriction on Gears 5, anyone know if this is legit, im definitely older than im willing to...
  7. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  8. Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox: I just started setting up dev mode on my Xbox but now I’m trying to install safe exit and the other things I need but I keep getting hit with an error message saying the install failed can someone...
  9. Is it possible and safe to plug my xbox series s into my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible and safe to plug my xbox series s into my laptop?: My Laptop doesn't have an HDMI port, and I was thinking of buying one to connect it to my USBC port, that way I can plug an HDMI chord, and I wanted to know if it worked before I buy one. I'd...
  10. Is it safe to put your credit card info?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it safe to put your credit card info?: I just put my card on the xbox and purchased FREE content to download Assassins creed 3... Iam safe of any charge right? What about xbox pass? do i get charged before the trial? or can i use...