is it safe to give serial number of your xbox controller?

Discus and support is it safe to give serial number of your xbox controller? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This buyer is asking me for the serial number of my controller. is it safe to tell? Can you get the details about the controller and my details through... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Flat-Celebration-73, Feb 11, 2024.

1. is it safe to give serial number of your xbox controller?

This buyer is asking me for the serial number of my controller. is it safe to tell? Can you get the details about the controller and my details through serial number?

submitted by /u/Flat-Celebration-73
    [link] [comments]

/u/Flat-Celebration-73, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Yohan Goose Win User

My XBox was stolen

If you contact the store where you bought it they can give you the serial number of your xbox. If you call xbo support and give them the serial number they may be able to help.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Microsoft Elite controller warranty process

Try this LINK

Request an Xbox controller replacement

If your controller isn’t working and needs replacing, enter the controller’s serial number at the bottom of this page. You can find the serial number inside the battery compartment, below the barcode.
    Things to keep in mind:

• Controller serial numbers are 14 characters long and don’t include dashes.
    • Controllers must have been activated longer than 24 hours.
    • If you have the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, the 14-character serial number is in the lower center on the back of the controller.
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Serial Number

Hello PatricaHernandez,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning about other methods to find the serial number of your controller. We have a support article that explains more about

how to find the serial number of your controller
    . The serial number is listed on the original packaging and below the barcode that is inside the battery compartment. We hope this information helps
    PatricaHernandez!
  5. DanielKing221 Win User

Can't register XBOX one controller.

Where did you find the serial number?

It should be located under the controller's BAR code. Remove the battery from your controller. The BAR code and the serial number should be there.
  6. Osinted Win User

Fake xbox elite series controller?

Greetings,

I am , an Xbox Ambassador & Security Researcher & Player like you.

To verify if an Elite Controller is Real;

The Xbox Elite 2 lacks the silver strip on top of the controller and has a textured, rubberized grip instead of plastic handles.

Model number

The model number is on a printed label inside the battery compartment.

Serial number

The Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 has a 14-character serial number in the lower center on the back of the controller. You can register the serial number to check if it was manufactured in your country and is original.

Sincerely,

Thema:

is it safe to give serial number of your xbox controller?

1. is it safe to give serial number of your xbox controller? - Similar Threads - safe serial number

2. Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5 can't load cloud safe file.: Hello I already tried everything thats out on the internet for getting my cloudsafefile back but nothing works. I would like to have a contact from somebody that could help me to get that sorted...
  3. Hi, I have a window ac unit and was wondering if it is safe to have the AC blowing towards...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have a window ac unit and was wondering if it is safe to have the AC blowing towards...: I have an Window ac unit for my room because it gets hot even with the big ac unit for the whole house blowing, my room in in the sun more so it gets hot. I have an ac unit that blowing towards my...
  4. Are pdp controllers safe to use?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers safe to use?: Are pdp controllers safe to use? 19baa6c5-af32-4d6c-8f8e-8c42a61e02c9
  5. is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    is using a laptop with it's battery removed, and using the adapter instead safe?: hi there, i own a asus tuf gaming laptop, and recently it's battery died. I have removed the battery, but i didn't replace it. i am using my laptop's charger to use my laptop. so far it has run...
  6. Stay safe?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Stay safe?: I have received a message from Xbox1staysafe asking to confirm my identity with a picture due to an age restriction on Gears 5, anyone know if this is legit, im definitely older than im willing to...
  7. I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have Xbox Game Bar installed on my laptop and i dont do gaming is it safe to uninstall it?: I find the Xbox Game Bar is slowing down my pc,but i want to make sure uninstalling it wont cause any issues? Can you just please let me know if its safe to uninstall all Xbox programs on my...
  8. Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox dev mode help can’t install safe mode on Xbox: I just started setting up dev mode on my Xbox but now I’m trying to install safe exit and the other things I need but I keep getting hit with an error message saying the install failed can someone...
  9. Is it possible and safe to plug my xbox series s into my laptop?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible and safe to plug my xbox series s into my laptop?: My Laptop doesn't have an HDMI port, and I was thinking of buying one to connect it to my USBC port, that way I can plug an HDMI chord, and I wanted to know if it worked before I buy one. I'd...
  10. No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    No HDMI output and Xbox wont go into safe mode, how do I fix this?: Hi, I’ve had the unpleasant surprise of my Series S not working normally today. I started the console as normal but my monitor did not open automatically I manually opened it to realize that there...