Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than 32 GB?

Discus and support Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than 32 GB? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than the 32 GBs it is offering me? I know that external storage... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeanD1972FTW, Jun 12, 2017.

1. SeanD1972FTW
    SeanD1972FTW Guest

Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than 32 GB?

Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than the 32 GBs it is offering me? I know that external storage that is able to be used was increased as I use it with another Xbox 360 console that is not a 4 GB console.
    If there is a way please let me know.

:)

SeanD1972FTW, Jun 12, 2017
  2. Can I save games from a 360 slim to an external HD?

So the max you can increase your hard drive is to use two 32 GB USB drives to get 64 GB more space ? Then your unable to plug in an external hard drive of 500 GB ? My console hard drive of 250 GB is full. I had hope there was a way use a external hard
    drive of 500 GB. Then essentially I could buy sixteen 32 GB USB drives to get 512 GB of space.

z Suomi Soturi, Jun 12, 2017
  3. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Error: must have Xbox 360 hard drive to play Destiny

^^ Just a heads up, Victim, but that could get your console banned for tampering.

Also should mention that this is the Xbox One forum for Destiny. If people are having issues with the 360 version, you may have better luck on that forum: forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Also, if you have a 360 HDD, why would you use a flash drive?! The Xbox 360 will allot 32 GB for external hard drives, no matter what the size of the external can hold. I'm assuming this is also why Destiny will not allow external hard drives to be used,
    since the game will go past that allotted 32 GB.

Eggnogga, Jun 12, 2017
  4. Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than 32 GB?

Hi,

You should be able to use external storage.

Check out Link for more information and Link for more information
    about using USB Flash Drive.

HP

HeadshotPenguin, Jun 12, 2017
  5. HeadshotPenguin Win User

Hi,

You should be able to use external storage.

Check out Link for more information and Link for more information
    about using USB Flash Drive.

HP
  6. z Suomi Soturi Win User

Can I save games from a 360 slim to an external HD?

So the max you can increase your hard drive is to use two 32 GB USB drives to get 64 GB more space ? Then your unable to plug in an external hard drive of 500 GB ? My console hard drive of 250 GB is full. I had hope there was a way use a external hard
    drive of 500 GB. Then essentially I could buy sixteen 32 GB USB drives to get 512 GB of space.
  7. onyxishere Win User

Xbox 360 E Hard Drive Recommend

You can use an external device up to 32 gbs. As for a hard drive, if you are thinking of getting one then get an official Xbox hard drive.
  8. BrianGunter Win User

external hard drive on xbox360?

You can use an external hard drive, but the Xbox will only recognize 32 GB of the drive.
  9. onyxishere Win User

Xbox slim is loud

Some discs seem to run fast and that's what you're hearing. The faster speed can run down the disc drive faster than normal and would need to be repaired if left.

It is recommended to install the game disc to your hard drive.

@Lt Nicholls - There is no 15 gb hard drive for the console. You're probably using a usb stick. You can now use up to 32 gb or get an official Xbox hard drive to give yourself more space.
Thema:

1. Is it possible with a 4 GB console to just use an external hard drive and get more than 32 GB? - Similar Threads - possible console external

2. Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...: Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than one external ssd? Cos I wanna have more than 2tb via ssd because on hdds you have to transfer the newer...
  3. Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?: This is a weird question but Is this possible? Example, I am playing a multiplayer game online with 4 friends on my Series X. Could I join the party of those 4 friends from my xbox one on the...
  4. Is it possible to reset an external storage like a console is resetted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to reset an external storage like a console is resetted?: I have come across an issue with my game not really recently (already made a post about it but it wasn't resolved).So i thought that after attempting to fix the issue many times,i would reset the...
  5. Account and console permanent banned rt possible hack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account and console permanent banned rt possible hack: Please I am in desperate help with this problem. Im a 40 year old, profesdional nurse practitioner and my account is seldom used by me and my 6 yo son. I have reached out to Xbox Using a new...
  6. Is it possible to unban a XBOX 360 console?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to unban a XBOX 360 console?: [img] Hello ,so I bought a used Xbox 360 for , when I tried to connect to the internet or xbox live. a message pops up saying this console is banned. Is it possible to unban it....
  7. i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i was console banned so i have no longer got acess to any games so is it possible to get my...: i woke up one day and turns out im perm console banned no warnings no strikes no previous account bans just immediate console ban ive found out xbox cant lift console bans so i need to know if i...
  8. Is it possible to use custom skins on Minecraft bedrock for xbox series consoles?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to use custom skins on Minecraft bedrock for xbox series consoles?: I've seen online that it used to be possible to use custom skins, but the methods they explain are now outdated as some of the steps are seemingly no longer possible. Am I missing anything here?...
  9. Is it still not possible to stream from one console to another?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it still not possible to stream from one console to another?: I have a Series X in my living room, a One X in my bedroom. I have Starfield installed on my Series X, in a quick resume state. I want to be able to turn on my Xbox One X in my Bedroom, select...
  10. Is it possible to see all Xbox accounts that have been on your Xbox console?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to see all Xbox accounts that have been on your Xbox console?: Hi this question may sound a bit strange, but when I was younger I had an account on my Xbox which I later removed. i don’t remember the gamertag, password or email but I had friends on the...