Is it possible to transfer an X-box console game accidentally purchased onto microsoft PC ...

Discus and support Is it possible to transfer an X-box console game accidentally purchased onto microsoft PC ... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Being new to the X-Box console I accidentally redeemed an X-box game code onto my Microsoft PC account. Firstly I am surprised there was no warning to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Mi9uel, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Mi9uel
    Mi9uel Guest

Is it possible to transfer an X-box console game accidentally purchased onto microsoft PC ...

Being new to the X-Box console I accidentally redeemed an X-box game code onto my Microsoft PC account.

Firstly I am surprised there was no warning to at least notify me that the game would be incompatible.

Secondly I now have a useless X-Box console game sitting on my Microsoft account.

There must be some way to transfer this game from my PC account to my X-box account.

Can anyone on this forum or at Microsoft please advise if it is possible for the game to be transferred or the redemption code reset so I can claim it onto my X-box account?

:)

Mi9uel, Oct 12, 2018
  2. galemop
    galemop Guest
    Subject: Transfer X-Box products to a new account

Several years ago, maybe 7, my son was underage and we signed him onto my Microsoft account as he needed to use a credit card to purchase Microsoft products for X-box. I realize now that was a mistake. He now needs his own account - but without losing
    several hundred dollars worth of products purchased over those years! We are now unable to transfer his Microsoft X-box gametag and purchased products to an account of his own. In order to access his stuff, he needs to sign onto MY account! We've gotten
    nowhere with Microsoft Support. Nobody seems to know how my son can set up his own account and transfer all of his X-Box stuff over to an account of his own. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? HELP!

galemop, Oct 12, 2018
  3. TougherFoxx
    TougherFoxx Guest
    Unusual gamertag recovery question.

I'm currently overseas and had to purchase a new x-box. Unfortunately I don't have the abilities to hook it up to the internet but would like to recover my gamertag. Is there a way that I can recover it via PC then transfer the account by thumbdrive to
    the x-box?

TougherFoxx, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest

Hello redeemed code can not be resolved. Buying codes are disposable and are assigned to one account. It is similar to a license plate, for example, with only one car.

If you bought a game that's for Xbox Play Anywhere, you can play this game on both the console and the PC.

And your Microsoft account with which you are logged in to your PC (if it is the same as the console) and the game you have saved on that game. So just install this game in your console, you will find this game in Ready to install.

Jurgen1488, Oct 12, 2018
  5. Mi9uel
    Mi9uel Guest
    Hi Jurgen1488,

Appreciate you response and yes I am logged onto both PC and console with the same account. I can see my redeemed game along with another X-Box game on my purchase history but for some strange reason the
    one that I redeemed via the PC account has never transferred over to my X-Box console to install.

Unfortunately I am still at a loss as to how I can access it from my X-box console.

Thanks again!

Mi9uel, Oct 12, 2018
  6. Hi,

There wouldn't be a warning because a Microsoft account can be used on any device. There's no such thing as 'PC Account' or 'Xbox Account', they're both one and the same.

Just put the the account you purchased the game with on your Xbox and it should be in the 'Ready to intstall' section.

Obsessive Power, Oct 12, 2018
  7. Hello Mi9uel!

Well if they are indeed the same account, I would check if maybe removing the account from the Xbox and then redownloading the account using the steps here on

How to add or remove a Microsoft account on Xbox One .

Give that a shot and let us know how that helps

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: