Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...

Discus and support Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email account from the Microsoft servers? The situation: we set up... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by RDRF, Dec 29, 2023.

1. RDRF
    RDRF Guest

Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email...

Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email account from the Microsoft servers? The situation: we set up our son's Xbox account when he was a small child to his father's email. Now we want to take his father's email off of the Xbox account without losing the email account. Everything we have read sounds like doing so would result in total deletion of the email account.

:)

2. MRallamagoosa Win User

Change Xbox account Email

Unfortunately the procedure is still the same so when you remove a MS email address from an account, that address is completely deleted (well not immediately on the systems hence you were able to recover it). As far as I know as a policy that address will
    not be available anymore so no one can take it in the future anyway.

Now they put a big warning about this in the guide and probably in the procedure, but it is still not possible to remove a MS email address from an account without actually deleting it.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account
  3. Rostom L Win User

mail id *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

Thank you for that additional information, Alexander. Since it's a Microsoft domain or email address, I am afraid that your email itself was removed from a Microsoft account. Please note that once a Microsoft email is removed from a Microsoft account, it will be permanently deleted and can no longer be recreated. There's a possibility that someone has taken over your account and changed your account information including the removal of your own email address. I am afraid that we cannot do much about your deleted email address anymore.
  4. AridLizard Win User

Account set up

if your email address is a Microsoft email (@hotmail, @live, @outlook) then you wont be able to remove your account from the Xbox account.

removing Microsoft email accounts from Xbox accounts permanently deletes the email account and you will no longer be able to access it

all you can do is add an alias email address then promote that to be the main email address.
  5. AridLizard Win User

Transfer my Xbox Live account to another email address.

if the email address is a Microsoft email (eg; @Outlook, @Live, @Hotmail) then it is important that you do not remove it from the Xbox account after adding an alias and promoting that to the primary email.

removing a Microsoft email address from an Xbox account permanently deletes the email account and it will no longer be accessible along with anything else that uses that email (eg; Office365)
  6. KindGryphon Win User

help saving both account

Sorry to give you bad news, but It's not possible to completely separate your hotmail email from the Xbox account without it causing the Hotmail email to be completely deleted because they are one in the same. The Hotmail (Microsoft account) is the Xbox account and vice versa.

Per https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...nt/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Warning When removing an email alias that’s connected to a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can’t be used to send or receive emails. It won’t be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft doesn’t recycle email addresses, so it can’t be reclaimed at a future time.

So untimately one of you is going to have to start over if you want them completely separated. Either you with a new email (since removing it would delete it as mentioned above) or him with a new a Xbox account under their own email address.
Thema:

1. Is it possible to remove an email address from an Xbox account without deleting the email... - Similar Threads - possible remove email

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Is it possible to get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get a refund?: I gifted my friend a game without paying attention to the fact that it was only available for Xbox series s/x. So not only can't they play but they already redeemed the code. Is there no other way...
  4. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  5. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  6. Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive: I have a 2TB external drive that I use on my xbox. I want to have roughly 500GB of it partitioned so that I can use it on my Windows PC(NTFS) and the rest partitioned so I can use it on my xbox...
  7. Any help on a possibly corrupt xbox series s? Short shock upon Seagate card removal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any help on a possibly corrupt xbox series s? Short shock upon Seagate card removal: [img] Hey guys. So. I move my xbox and take it with me everywhere. It's a series S. I have the Seagate card. Well, I unplugged my xbox. Power first. Then my memory card as not to hit it and make...
  8. Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is possible to make a child account independent by removing the parent account or adding a...: So my father is a control freak and controls my sister and I's accounts. Some reason he doesn't like my sister so he has been fiddling with all her accounts. and I want to try and help her by...
  9. Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't it possible to permanently remove Xbox games?: Please add a feature to permanently remove a game from your Xbox library. I know games can be hidden, but I want to be able to permanently disassociate my account from a game....
  10. Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to remove the "Enhanced" from setting series S/X games so that I can move...: I knew the Series S didn't have the most storage but I wasn't expecting 360 GB.... My Xbox One X went bad on me and I was required to do an upgrade but with my money being a bit short I had to get...