Is it possible to install the wrong MSFS using the product key for another????

Discus and support Is it possible to install the wrong MSFS using the product key for another???? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently installed MSFS Premium Edition from disks I bought at a known retailer. I loaded all of the 10 disks onto my external SSD drive (3 days)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PaulinPet, Apr 6, 2023.

1. PaulinPet
    PaulinPet Guest

I recently installed MSFS Premium Edition from disks I bought at a known retailer.

I loaded all of the 10 disks onto my external SSD drive (3 days) and then when prompted went to the Microsoft store to install the launcher and enter my product key. From the list I chose the only launcher that was listed as not costing anything (I'd already paid for the disks). Unfortunately, I was not really paying attention to the name.

Things seemed to go well. I installed everything on my external drive (as that was the drive with available space). And then launched the software. It went through all of the usual launch screens (advertising the makers etc.) and then finished on the splash screen that looked exactly like the one on my box (with an A320 flying).

However, I got the known issue of "Please insert the game disk etc. etc. (Continue/Quit)". I looked that up but was not able to find any of the solutions to work for me.

In frustration I tried uninstalling the launch software from my computer and reinstalling it. First thing I found is that I can't reinstall the software from the store, I have to reinstall it from my library. Fair enough but I'm noting that when it launches it appears to be launching MSFS Standard, (I now see the title graphic of a plane flying towards a tropical island) and I am back to the original error where it is asking me to insert the game disk.

If I go back to the game store and attempt to install the Premium Edition it won't accept my product code and says the code has already been used. I also note that I have the disks for Premium Edition but all the listings in the store speak of "40 Anniversary".

Is it possible that I screwed up right at the very beginning and installed the Standard Edition launcher using my Premium Edition key?

:)

PaulinPet, Apr 6, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

There is only one version of the game, and everyone's copy has been grandfathered to the 40th anniversary edition. There is no point in installing with the disks as it's a two-year-old version and you're gonna have to download the game anyway

The premium edition is a digital entitlement to planes inside of the game, there is no difference between versions of the game when it comes to the actual game itself.

Use this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/m...tandard-40th-anniversary-edition/9pmqdm08snk9
  3. Stuggyduggy Win User

Lost Key for MS Flight Simulator

When I click on the product name in the order it opens a page showing "Install to". Will that install without a key?

I've now discovered a digital ownership app within the purchase but without any clear instructions as to how it all hangs together. Do I simply reinstall MSFS & then install the digital ownership to get it activated?
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Error code "0x80070002" usually indicates that a file or a registry key that the installer is trying to access is missing or corrupted.

Try installing MSFS in safe mode: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type "msconfig" and press Enter. In the System Configuration window, go to the Boot tab and check the "Safe boot" option. Click Apply and restart your computer. Try installing MSFS in safe mode.

Disable your antivirus: Temporarily disable your antivirus software and try installing MSFS again. Some antivirus software can interfere with the installation process.
  5. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

PRODUCT KEY BEING USED BY ANOTHER IN AOE ONLINE

6. WPAK Win User

PRODUCT KEY BEING USED BY ANOTHER IN AOE ONLINE

Hi there,

-

Currently you're in the Xbox Section of support the best thing to do is to create a thread with your question here:

forums.xbox.com/.../253.aspx

-

And for certain regions there is a special phone number for Support for Games for Windows Live,

if present try contacting them instead of Xbox Support:

support.xbox.com/contact-us
Thema:

1. Is it possible to install the wrong MSFS using the product key for another???? - Similar Threads - possible install wrong

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Is it possible to get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get a refund?: I gifted my friend a game without paying attention to the fact that it was only available for Xbox series s/x. So not only can't they play but they already redeemed the code. Is there no other way...
  4. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  5. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  6. Is it possible to install an Xbox OS in a virtual machine?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to install an Xbox OS in a virtual machine?: Is there a way to get the OS of an Xbox into a virtual machine? If so, can you send the OS? 6f61b56f-c0df-441f-a9d0-0539c82fab37
  7. Game will not update or install after doing every possible fix recommended by xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game will not update or install after doing every possible fix recommended by xbox: if someone has a fix please respond and tell me. 6493a661-b58f-4d80-bb90-5a9b26497599
  8. Gaming Services on Windows 11 not possible to install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services on Windows 11 not possible to install: Hi I have used MS Flight Simulator for a while, but suddenly it would not start anymore. I have tried different things, but nothing makes it work. The problem seems to be the Gaming Services...
  9. Is it possible to launch a game through cloud if it's installed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to launch a game through cloud if it's installed?: My friends told me ark runs smoother through cloud on Xbox one but I can't seem to launch it that way as it's installed. Afraid to delete it and try that way...it takes a minute to install....
  10. Is it possible to install a Cellcom, Partner, Disney Plus application on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to install a Cellcom, Partner, Disney Plus application on Xbox Series S: Is it possible to install a Cellcom, Partner, Disney Plus application on Xbox Series S 7f41910f-6062-459b-80b5-2a6244a23bff