Is it possible to extract your save files from a discontinued Game Pass Game? / Persona 5

Discus and support Is it possible to extract your save files from a discontinued Game Pass Game? / Persona 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey! I've been playing Persona 5 on Game Pass occasionally for quite a while now, but now it's gone. I'd like to keep my save file and maybe transfer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by yungfuji16, Nov 14, 2023.

1. yungfuji16
    yungfuji16 Guest

Is it possible to extract your save files from a discontinued Game Pass Game? / Persona 5

Hey!

I've been playing Persona 5 on Game Pass occasionally for quite a while now, but now it's gone. I'd like to keep my save file and maybe transfer it to a different platform like Steam etc. Is it possible to pull the save file from the cloud? The folder with the saves dissapeared when I uninstalled the game (i know, dumb, but i thought it would stay for some reason lmao)

Thanks,

Byebyee

:)

yungfuji16, Nov 14, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, yungfuji16. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I’m sorry to say, but it is not possible to transfer saved progress from a game on game pass or the Microsoft store to Steam or a different marketplace.

If you decide to purchase and reinstall the game on the Microsoft Store, your progress will be retrieved from the cloud, yungfuji16.

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but I hope it helps in some way.

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.
  3. JeyeHB Win User

PC Game Pass - Cannot Launch any game (Error code: (0x80004005), cannot install any game (something unexpected happened)

I'm pretty tech savvy but this one has me stumped. As soon as I try and download anything from the XBox app it just says error immeidately. I've ran CHKDSK and SFC and a malware anti root kit and I've ran ADWCLeaner with the reset tags for Winsock, Windows installer, delete prefetch files, tracing keys, reset firewall and delete IFEO. It's even a fresh install of Windows and I still have the same issue :(

Persona 5 is on game pass though :) go check it out ! I was about 10 hours into it before it decided no more XBox Game Pass.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/persona-5-royal
  4. Sun Khou Win User

Starfield saves

Hi Tylon001

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Upon reading the description you have posted, it seems that you have an issue with Xbox wherein you want to know if you can save your game progress to your local PC storage and unto the cloud. As you were unable to locate your game save files when you try to search it on your end.

We understand, that you are quite at loss right now. As you were unable to locate the game save progress of your Starfield game. That is why we will do our best to provide you with the best possible options that you can try.

By the way, here are the steps we would like you to try:

If you want to save your game progress in Starfield from both local storage and cloud, you need to know where to find the game save files and how to back them up. Depending on whether you are playing Starfield on Steam or Xbox Game Pass, the game save file location may vary. Here are the possible locations for each platform:

• Steam: C:\Users_your_username_here_\Documents\My Games\Starfield\Saves1

• Xbox Game Pass: C:\Users_your_username_here_\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs_string_of_numbers2

To back up your game save files from local storage, you can follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and go to the game save file location of your choice.

• Copy the entire Starfield folder or the specific save files you want to back up and paste them into another folder somewhere else. You can also rename the folder or the files to indicate the date or the mission of your progress.

To restore your game save files, simply copy the backup files and paste them back into the original game save file location.

To back up your game save files from cloud, you need to have cloud saves enabled on your platform. Steam and Xbox Game Pass will automatically sync your game progress to their online cloud servers. You can also find a local copy of your cloud saves in these locations:

• Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\click on your user number (different for everyone)\1716740 > remote > Saves

• Xbox Game Pass: C:\Users_your_username_here_\AppData\Local\Packages\BethesdaSoftworks.ProjectGold_3275kfvn8vcwc\SystemAppData\wgs_string_of_numbers

To restore your game save files from cloud, you need to have cloud saves enabled on your platform. Steam and Xbox Game Pass will automatically download your game progress from their online cloud servers. You can also copy the local copy of your cloud saves and paste them into the original game save file location.

Let me know if this helps,

Sincerely

Khou Sun

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Judge Win User

The Walking Dead Achievements not registering

There have been many issues with this game glitch wise, so it is possible your achievements glitched. If that is the case then you may need to delete your save file and then replay Episode 5. Note that doing so will mess up all of your decisions from the
    previous episode so I recommend finishing the game first with the choices you have, and then starting up a dummy save file to try and re-earn the achievements.
  6. RexCrater Win User

Xbox pc. Can't open installation folder

As I understand it, some games simply do not give access to their files. So for example Persona 5, on which I wanted to install an amateur translation.
Thema:

1. Is it possible to extract your save files from a discontinued Game Pass Game? / Persona 5 - Similar Threads - possible extract save

2. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  3. Is it possible to get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to get a refund?: I gifted my friend a game without paying attention to the fact that it was only available for Xbox series s/x. So not only can't they play but they already redeemed the code. Is there no other way...
  4. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  5. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  6. Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive: I have a 2TB external drive that I use on my xbox. I want to have roughly 500GB of it partitioned so that I can use it on my Windows PC(NTFS) and the rest partitioned so I can use it on my xbox...
  7. pls add possibility to rate games

in XboX Insiders
    pls add possibility to rate games: So many times i am alway wanna watch for opinons of other players or just wanna rate a game i had fun with but theres still nothing to do that :c submitted by /u/HikingVikingStriking [link]...
  8. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  9. Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Crossplay Minecraft - PS4 + PC - is LAN possible in 2024?: We've got a PS4 and PC, and wish to crossplay on a private server without buying a PS Plus subscription.. Is playing via LAN still possible (I found it on 2022 posts)? I've tried all the...
  10. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a