Is it only me, but isn't 4K clips compression WAY MORE aggressive than before Game DVR...

Discus and support Is it only me, but isn't 4K clips compression WAY MORE aggressive than before Game DVR... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm really annoyed. Now it's clearly possible to see the a lower quality of 4K HDR clips saved. This is clearly visible paying attention to the grass... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/viniciusrsouza, May 25, 2020.

1. Is it only me, but isn't 4K clips compression WAY MORE aggressive than before Game DVR...

I'm really annoyed. Now it's clearly possible to see the a lower quality of 4K HDR clips saved.

This is clearly visible paying attention to the grass in FIFA or the sky in Forza Horizon 4 and Red Dead Redemption II.

I don't think this is an issue. Maybe the quality was deliberately reduced? Or was this part of the fix?

submitted by /u/viniciusrsouza
    [link] [comments]

/u/viniciusrsouza, May 25, 2020
  2. EVIL Volition Win User

Clips

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forum.

I believe there is an issue with capturing content if you are using an Insider Build (Alpha, Alpha Skip-Ahead, Beta, Delta, and Omega).

Unfortunately there isn't a way to recover the full clip at this time, as far as I understand.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed in a coming update.

More information on Xbox Insider builds can be found here:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/xboxinsider/

Game DVR

• Some users have reported that their clips are not recording the full length requested. This is being reported for 4K clips and non-4K clips. We are aware and investigating.

I hope this helps!
  3. EVIL Volition Win User

Game Captures

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forum.

I believe there is an issue with capturing content using an Insider Build (Alpha, Alpha Skip-Ahead, Beta, Delta, and Omega).

Unfortunately there isn't a way to recover the full clip at this time, as far as I understand.

Hopefully this issue will be addressed in a coming update.

More information on Xbox Insider builds can be found here:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/xboxinsider/

Game DVR

• Some users have reported that their clips are not recording the full length requested. This is being reported for 4K clips and non-4K clips. We are aware and investigating.

I hope this helps!
  4. GAW984 Win User

April update messing with disk drive

is there any solution to the game dvr recording clips even when then game dvr isn't slected to record clips

can anyone hlep
  5. Frathos Win User

One x game DVR not recording native 4K

The Dashboard Preview team is aware of problem(s) with Game DVR 4K recordings not working properly and have implemented the 1080P recording as a workaround so that one at least gets a clip instead of nothing or an unusable 2 second clip. We'll have to
    wait and see if they continue to investigate and resolve the issue with 4K clips in future.
  6. BRECON2 Win User

Can't edit old video clips ("That clip will not work. Pick a different one and try again")

I ended up finding a working solution!

Firstly, it is not possible to DVR a clip, so this solution failed right away. However, I found that if you go to "Start From Scratch", have the "type" to "Game DVR", then "Add Clip", and then add one of these old clips that isn't able to be edited, you'll
    be able to trim it as normal. What I was doing before was going to "Manage Clips", then finding the video I wanted to edit, and clicked on the "Edit" option (to the right of "Rename").
Thema:

Is it only me, but isn't 4K clips compression WAY MORE aggressive than before Game DVR...

1. Is it only me, but isn't 4K clips compression WAY MORE aggressive than before Game DVR... - Similar Threads - isn't clips compression

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip: Anyone else having this problem. When i join someones party or invite someone both icons disappear from the chat. Sorry for my bad English submitted by /u/SineX_KingChris [link] [comments]
  4. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  5. Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft item cape code redeemed on Microsoft and accepted but isn't appearing on my account: As the questions states, I got a code on Twitch for a Minecraft Cape and I redeemed it on the Microsoft website. I still have the order history that says it is confirmed, but I never got the cape....
  6. My Xbox friend list isn't refreshing, is there a way to fix this issue?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox friend list isn't refreshing, is there a way to fix this issue?: Their status stays the same as the last time I was on, it only shows their current status when I click on the their profile. 71b8cf25-ff30-4780-b4f0-9b4b7b6dbd66
  7. My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My USB isn't reading so I can do and offline update the option just stays unavailable: Update error 0x00000201 can somebody help me can't do an update after resetting my game and I can't do an offline update I'm connected to the internet but it still just doesn't work...
  8. Why game clip capturing isn't supported under just dance 2021?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why game clip capturing isn't supported under just dance 2021?: In previous version of just dance it enabled the capturing(recordin) and newer version 2021 the function isn't available, why??? a8928b23-069e-4fdb-b409-6979a9856b56
  9. My game clip isn't uploading to Xbox live

in XboX Insiders
    My game clip isn't uploading to Xbox live: Hey Xbox team my game clip isn't working and my Xbox app is acting buggy as hell. I can't even upload any of my good captures and I had to restart my Xbox to many time and when I do the uploading...
  10. Clip audio isn't synced up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clip audio isn't synced up: there is a delay between audio and the game when i record clips how do i fix it a2847f19-d337-415e-86bf-537f83825429