is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

Discus and support is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NektariosKontogeorgis, Mar 17, 2024.

1. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can see these scratches most if I put the discs under white light. Is it normal if the scratches are slight and minor? Or the laser may touch the discs when it reads them and thats the cause of the scratches?

The laser is the only thing that it can cause a scratch to discs, and how can I know if it touch the discs when reading or not? A technician told me that it is normal to have minor scratches because it is impossible to not have physical contact at all. What is your opinions ? Is it normal the disc drive to cause a minor physical damage during use or it is faulty. Does it happens to other xbox users? Thank you

:)

NektariosKontogeorgis, Mar 17, 2024
  2. braunman Win User

Shutting off my system while the disc is spinning?

You can turn the xbox off at any time you like and it won't scratch the disc. The only normal time the disc may get damaged is if you leave it in the tray when you move the console, either when it's turned on or off.
  3. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  4. [ A J ] Win User

Series X disc drive question

I'm pretty sure, TylerG5.

As a console gamer, I've inserted and ejected discs hundreds of times across my Xbox consoles (Xbox 360, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X), and to this day, I've never had any issues with them.

Constantly inserting and ejecting discs is considered normal usage for a console, so it should have no impact on the state of your console's disc drive.
  5. wikkiwild Win User

Xbox 360 Disc Issue

There are places that may be able to help you. Some places will polish your disc to remove any minor scratch's. You could also try to find a home kit that works. I have one and it works well with minor scratch's. I got mine at London Drugs, not sure if they
    still sell them though. Check in your area, you may get lucky.

I had a similar problem with my Arcade 360. My disc's kept getting scratched up. The disc drive eventually packed it in. But I think it was just a bad disc drive. My previous consoles and my current one an S model haven't scratched my discs.
  6. BakerDog Win User

Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!

THERE ARE NO SCRATCHES ON ANY OF MY DISCS AND THEY ALL WORK FINE IN MY ONE S THE SERIES X DRIVE HAS BEEN BRICKED BY MICROSOFT TO PROMOTE ALL DIGITAL.
Thema:

is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

1. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time - Similar Threads - normal series disc

2. Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s: Hi! I want to know if there is a difference between Xbox series s fortnite edition and the normal Xbox series s because the one with fortnite edition is cheaper than the normal one. If it was the...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  4. Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?: Hey I just wanted to know if this is an issue or not, my series x console is just a week old and is amazing, but I do notice that the console is kinda cold to the touch, the top vent is blowing...
  5. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  6. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  7. Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...: Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without running a game? It doesn't heat up much but that didn't happen with the xbox one s...
  8. My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?: Series x makes clunking noise when first powered on b1cc2b16-961b-4bd9-96d1-b7dcfa086759
  9. Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise?: Is it normal for an XBOX Series X to have a loud noise? bee5b8d0-fb5c-47b2-8210-0af05c82be6f
  10. My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal?: My XBOX Series X gets a bit loud when playing on 4K at 120hz. Is this normal? f4ef2915-b81c-490e-911b-71055e7905d6