Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

Discus and support Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Ninjahotaku, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Ninjahotaku
    Ninjahotaku Guest

Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart playing with my keyboard

:)

Ninjahotaku, Mar 1, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to use my keyboard in a game it doesn’t work?

Sure, please share your comments once you can test games with a new keyboard.

However, in case the issue persists, I could suggest the following potential solution:

Perform an offline update on your console.
    This potential fix requires a USB drive and a PC to transfer the files to it.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Note: If your console is enrolled in the Xbox Insider program, you may want to remove it from the program and test the keyboard once you go back to a stable version.
  3. Ninjahotaku Win User

Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to use my keyboard in a game it doesn’t work?

Grounded and I tried switching usb port, I also tried restarting the console and I tried unplugging and plugging the console but all the things that I have tried didn’t work
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Ninjahotaku. Thanks for replying.
    This game supports keyboard and mouse, but as the feature is not working for you, I would like to ask if you tried testing another game compatible with the feature.

This may help us to check if it's an issue with the game or something else.

Apart from that, could I know if you have tried using another keyboard? If possible, a wired one.
  5. ngocphi Win User

If it is a gaming mouse and keyboard you can't use them as those use custom drivers

Only the upcoming xbox gaming keyboard and mouse are supported that wsy
  6. Ninjahotaku Win User

Yes I have tried different games and they don’t work either but I will switch keyboard to try but the one I currently have is wired.
Thema:

1. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to... - Similar Threads - normal keyboard navigate

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn on normally after a power surge: Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to the electrical company changing some cables...
  4. Is this normal?! Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this normal?! Please help!: I have an Xbox 360 the white one where you lay them down and all that and mine was never had any issues I mean I've done the red light of death before and I didn't think anything of it and it's...
  5. Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s: Hi! I want to know if there is a difference between Xbox series s fortnite edition and the normal Xbox series s because the one with fortnite edition is cheaper than the normal one. If it was the...
  6. Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.: My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have done several troubleshooting to find the...
  7. For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?: Hello , i don’t know, but is it normal if, we have noticed with several clubs in the community that for more than a month no one has been able to invite people from active clubs to the convoy from...
  8. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  9. Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?: Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when vibrating . Do all new controller have this...
  10. Number-only keypad shows up instead of normal keyboard when trying to sign-in after...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Number-only keypad shows up instead of normal keyboard when trying to sign-in after...: Hello! Today I had a bit of a problem. I was trying to sign in to my account after I recently enabled 2FA. Since I didn't have my phone, I had to use an app-specific password. The password had...