Is it normal for the xbox x to get quite warm during use?

Discus and support Is it normal for the xbox x to get quite warm during use? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox x is getting quite warm during operation, I was wondering if this was normal? 5b61b523-50e6-4c3c-b96c-1051a269347f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Colin Drinkwater, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Is it normal for the xbox x to get quite warm during use?

My xbox x is getting quite warm during operation, I was wondering if this was normal?

:)

Colin Drinkwater, Feb 11, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Barely. One inch is the minimum

You should place it vertically i as open a space as possible for best ventilation.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Yes, it's normal, it can get quite warm. As long as the fan is working and blowing out the warm air, then you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure the console is in a well ventilated area, so the air can dissipate.
  4. Colin Drinkwater Win User

Yes, it's normal, it can get quite warm. As long as the fan is working and blowing out the warm air, then you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure the console is in a well ventilated area, so the air can dissipate.
    Thanks for your quick reply.

My xbox is located in a cabinet with a couple of inches space either side and about one inch headroom. Do you think this adequate for ventilation purposes?
  5. ngocphi Win User

Modern consoles get hot even a ps5 OG can get upto 65 -70 degrees I can heat a whole floor with one

Xbox series x can go 60-65

I Donna about the ps5 slim I haven't had time to really measure it but I don't have to take off my shirt whrn running the slim so far even in winter

You gotta remember there is modern cpus in consoles and like a cpu they emit heat and a lot of it

Cpus on a desktop can be 75-100 degrees
  6. zmaster2XXX Win User

XBox one x just shut off. This is my 2nd XBox in 30 days as I returned my last one.

Your xbox is normally quite warm during general use, but you must also ensure that the console is well ventilated or it will shut off to protect itself.
Thema:

1. Is it normal for the xbox x to get quite warm during use? - Similar Threads - normal quite warm

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn on normally after a power surge: Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to the electrical company changing some cables...
  4. Is this normal?! Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this normal?! Please help!: I have an Xbox 360 the white one where you lay them down and all that and mine was never had any issues I mean I've done the red light of death before and I didn't think anything of it and it's...
  5. Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s: Hi! I want to know if there is a difference between Xbox series s fortnite edition and the normal Xbox series s because the one with fortnite edition is cheaper than the normal one. If it was the...
  6. Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Laptop Thermal Throttled with Normal CPU & GPU Temp.: My laptop has run incredibly slow to the point I can't even get my job done. It runs like 10 fps and even the mouse movement is extremely slow. I have done several troubleshooting to find the...
  7. For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    For the Clubs invitations is it normal that we can’t invite people from now over 2 months?: Hello , i don’t know, but is it normal if, we have noticed with several clubs in the community that for more than a month no one has been able to invite people from active clubs to the convoy from...
  8. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  9. Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this ringing sound normal when xbox controller rumbles/vibrates?: Just got a new controller and it’s making a ringing sound when it vibrates. Is this normal? My old Xbox one controller didn’t have this sound when vibrating . Do all new controller have this...
  10. Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that I can use my keyboard to navigate the Xbox Home Screen but when I try to...: I want to play games with my keyboard but it doesn’t work in any game but does work in the Home Screen. If you know how to resolve this problem please tell me because I would like to restart...