Is it normal for my Xbox One to turn off all by itself?

Discus and support Is it normal for my Xbox One to turn off all by itself? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before we begin, no, I ruled out a possible haunting. There is no paranormal activity happening in my house. On occasion, my Xbox will just turn off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CHRISPOCALYP5E, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Is it normal for my Xbox One to turn off all by itself?

Before we begin, no, I ruled out a possible haunting. There is no paranormal activity happening in my house.

On occasion, my Xbox will just turn off or reset randomly. Sometimes I even find it switched on after I know its been off.

The other day it literally made the chime sound when you turn it off as if someone had pressed the button, yet, nobody was there to do it.

My Xbox is also making this very loud and somewhat irritating squeaking sound- almost sounds like crickets are stuck inside the Xbox.

Ideas?

:)

CHRISPOCALYP5E, Dec 19, 2018
  2. choppyseize Win User

This is just what the paranormal wants you to think. It sounds like it could be a ventilation issue though, most likely from something that lives in the same realm as us. You may have to get it serviced, if that's the case here is the link to get started

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced

When you say it resets itself. Do you mean that it factory resets itself? Like deletes everything entirely and acts like a new Xbox again?

Also how old is the Xbox ? Is it in a well ventilated area?
  3. WPAK Win User

4. CHRISPOCALYP5E Win User

Will do. Most likely be a service. I'll also check my warranty, it's just over a year old, if I can I might as well just take it back to the store. From experience having several Xbox 360 serviced in the past, they all red ringed so I'm not going to have
    my hopes up. I'm just that unlucky.
  5. zmaster2XXX Win User

If you have HDMI-CEC enabled it may be triggering an on/off function - I had this issue when I got my first LED tv, now I just shut it off when I open a new tv.
  6. CHRISPOCALYP5E Win User

It's one of those special Minecraft Xbox One models, just over a year old now. It has nothing around or on top, it just sits in a massive open space.

Basically I'll be playing and then my TV will say no 'HDMI signal' and I'd look and the white light on the power button would be out as if it just switched itself off. Just recently, when it turned off, it made the chime sound as if the button was pressed.
    On occasion it will restart itself but most of the time it just stays off until I put it back on. Maybe 4 or 5 times I've come around after I've gone out or slept, and the damn thing would be on sitting at the dashboard.

It does this in both my wall sockets and adapter power boards and no other electronic is having these issues so I already concluded that my Xbox is either broken or... Haunted... I think I've watched too many scary things recently and now this is starting
    to make me paranoid.

It's just like the shows, everyone else in my household, buddies and here would say "its just the electricity" or something along those lines until the spooky crap starts happening.
Thema:

1. Is it normal for my Xbox One to turn off all by itself? - Similar Threads - normal turn off

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn on normally after a power surge: Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to the electrical company changing some cables...
  4. Is this normal?! Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this normal?! Please help!: I have an Xbox 360 the white one where you lay them down and all that and mine was never had any issues I mean I've done the red light of death before and I didn't think anything of it and it's...
  5. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  6. Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal that sometimes take 1 min and sometime take 30 sec to turn off xbox flash icon...: Hi every day when i finishing playing when i turn off the xbox(series x) sometime it take 10 or 20 sec to fully turn off(xbox icon flash turn off) sometimes 1 minute i think i wanna know is it...
  7. My minecraft bedrock flat world just turned into a normal world with biomes and hills is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft bedrock flat world just turned into a normal world with biomes and hills is...: Can i turn my world back to a flat one? I tried to put it in too my realm but it gave an error and after that it wasnt flat anymore. I tried copying the world but it didnt work. There are also...
  8. Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox fan not turning off even after Xbox is fully off is that normal ?: I have a xbox series X notice the fan takes far to long to turn off longest it’s taken is 2hrs is that normal or should I be contacting place I brought from ? 3c520cfe-8710-4564-8c59-21901b5f5a20
  9. My left trigger moves up slowly if I turn it fast but normal speed if I turn it slowly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My left trigger moves up slowly if I turn it fast but normal speed if I turn it slowly: When I turn it the left stick moves slowly if turned up normal speed all other directions and it's easy to move just the input. 162f878c-95d2-47eb-b806-6d5a2fc7e922
  10. Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal?: Does anyone know how to turn your controller back to normal? 2 days ago it was working just fine and then the day after, the controller is unusable because it flashed on the 1 second and then the...