Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

Discus and support Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kosmosisjoe, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Kosmosisjoe
    Kosmosisjoe Guest

Hi,

I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is getting the better of me as I've only had it 5 months.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Kosmosisjoe, Oct 24, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

The buzz noise you are hearing is most likely from the disc drive setting itself up, and you've got nothing to worry If, for some reason, something does go wrong or you're experiencing any technical issues within the console, you can have your console repaired for free as long as if it's under warranty. Just in case, you can have your console repaired using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

You may also check this link for reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...turns-on/f14323f9-c794-4a1b-8801-abe012ba9689

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. McKlayy Win User

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

My Xbox 360 Slim E makes a loudish buzzing/humming noise when i start up most games and makes the noise for about 3-5 minutes , i have the games installed on my hardrive , is this normal for it to do that
  4. II Blittz II Win User

Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

My console always had coil whine, but that's not what I'm talking about. My Series X as of recently started making a hard drive like clicking sound, but only when idle and I'm on the home screen. And soon as I start a game, the noise completely stops. My Series X always made a low electrical buzzing sound when games were running and still does. With that being said, that's not what I'm concerned about, it's a clicking like sound that constantly continues until I launch a game and then it stops and the normal coil whine kicks in depending on the game.
  5. AlexLugli Win User

Update Xbox One X for resolve problem of Coil Whine

The buzz sound, printer like, is intermittently when starting up in the menus and stable during the game phase, mixed with the noise of various fans (not so loud but approaching
    the ear I feel it clearly). I don't know if it's normal in all One X, for me it's Coil Whine.
  6. II Blittz II Win User

Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

Hi, XBF Meryem R

Thanks for responding to my post, unfortunately I have tried a power cycle and factory resetting my Series X, but the buzzing/scratching/ticking noise still persists. The weird thing about it is, as I mentioned in my original post, my console never use to do this. I've also had the Series X since launch day 11/10/20 and it only started to do this fairly recently, close to a week now. My Series X on the top right side where the fan is, it makes a buzzing/ticking noise whenever I'm just using the dashboard, browsing the store, using Edge etc. The mechanical noises stop as soon as you launch a game, which is weird in itself. Usually coil whine happens during heavy loads like playing games that are demanding, but in my case it makes these noises when nothing is playing and I'm just on the homes screen or browsing around on the console. My console also makes a distinct static like sound when games are running as well, but it's not as concerning as the noises it makes when the console isn't doing any heavy workloads. With that being said, most coil whine comes from either the GPU or PSU, but the noise I'm getting is coming from the right side where the fan and vapor chamber/heatsink is. After putting my ear next to the fan and trying to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, I think it might be VRM or something to do with the motherboard around the CPU/GPU area. During the day you can't notice it unless you stick your ear next to the fan, but when I'm using the console at night when it's quiet, I can hear the strange buzzing/ticking. Anyway, I think there's something faulty or defective in my console and I'm afraid that it possibly might be a matter if time before it stops working.
Thema:

1. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up? - Similar Threads - normal Series buzz

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s: Hi! I want to know if there is a difference between Xbox series s fortnite edition and the normal Xbox series s because the one with fortnite edition is cheaper than the normal one. If it was the...
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  6. Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x console to be cold to the touch?: Hey I just wanted to know if this is an issue or not, my series x console is just a week old and is amazing, but I do notice that the console is kinda cold to the touch, the top vent is blowing...
  7. Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for series x fan to stutter when turning on console?: Hey I have recently gotten a new series x console and have really been enjoying my time with it, but I notice when I turn on the console my fan will stutter for a second before going to a stable...
  8. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  9. Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without...: Hello, do you know if it is normal for the Xbox Series S Black Carbon to heat up without running a game? It doesn't heat up much but that didn't happen with the xbox one s...
  10. My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new Xbox series x makes a clunking noise wen I power it on is this normally?: Series x makes clunking noise when first powered on b1cc2b16-961b-4bd9-96d1-b7dcfa086759