Is it just me or is the input delay for mouse and keyboard makes games like fortnite unplayable

Discus and support Is it just me or is the input delay for mouse and keyboard makes games like fortnite unplayable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have 30 ping so that shouldnt be the problem but everytime i hit a key it takes a full second to respond and im using a hyper x keyboard and logitech... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FN Swaps, Nov 26, 2019.

1. FN Swaps
    FN Swaps Guest

Is it just me or is the input delay for mouse and keyboard makes games like fortnite unplayable

I have 30 ping so that shouldnt be the problem but everytime i hit a key it takes a full second to respond and im using a hyper x keyboard and logitech mouse so i don’t know why the input delay is so frustrating

:)

FN Swaps, Nov 26, 2019
  2. FN Swaps Win User

Yes ive tried everything i could find on the internet i bought 100$ keyboard and mouse cause i thought my last one was just bad but the input delay is still the same
  3. AngelObullets Win User

it can be caused by variable different things, Have you tried a different keyboard and mouse or a different usb connection for both?.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Keyboards

It will work straight away for text input during messaging and the likes.

Every time the Xbox would show a virtual keyboard on the screen for text input, the keyboard will work.

As for games, the game has to be specifically made to support keyboards.

Not all games are able to use keyboards.

For example Fortnite and Minecraft are popular examples for games that work with an USB Keyboard and USB mouse.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

mouse and keyboard fortnite

There have been some reports of Fortnite Xbox One players experiencing input latency when using a mouse and keyboard; a delay between moving the mouse and a subsequent on-screen action.

If you have multiple mice in the home, switching it out could be a temporary fix until the issue is properly addressed
  6. XBF Paul M Win User

Extreme Input Delay for Mouse on Xbox

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, it looks like you're experiencing some input delay while playing fortnite with a mouse. Which mouse are you currently using with the Xbox one console? As well can you try using the mouse with
    another supported game and see if the input delay is there as well? Please let us know how it goes.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
Thema:

1. Is it just me or is the input delay for mouse and keyboard makes games like fortnite unplayable - Similar Threads - input delay mouse

2. How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix the Input Delay Problem on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019 and Every Call of...: I've been having this insane input lag on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019,Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty Vanguard, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 2022, and Call of Duty Modern...
  3. Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller input delay on Windows 10.: I bought a custom made xbox series x controller from Xbox Design Lab back in 2022 for some context. Worked well for two years but recently I've noticed after about a few minutes into a session the...
  4. Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bizarre - new delay between controller input and console response time.: TLDR; new Xbox Series X recently started having a delay between controller input and console output, only EVERY OTHER DAY. I bought a new Series X from GameStop 2 months ago. Worked great for the...
  5. Elite Series 2 input delay issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 input delay issue: I bought my Elite Series 2 about 4 months ago, it was working like a charm and I haven't noticed any issues with it and it happened to be my favourite controller. But about a week ago, all of a...
  6. How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix input delay, errors, controller disconnections and errors?: I have been dealing with an mysterious and irritating input delay with my Xboxes for the past 3 years. I do not know what else to do to fix this issue. I have literally gone through EVERY...
  7. Input delay with keyboard and mouse on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Input delay with keyboard and mouse on Xbox: I have an Xbox series s and I want to play with keyboard mouse. I have a black razer viper and some office hp keyboard. I experience input delay from the mouse but not much from the keyboard. So...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard high input delay

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard high input delay: So I've been using my Xbox for a while, and decided to start using my mouse and keyboard, but I noticed a ton of input delay. Is there a way to fix it? 9e96422c-febe-4bd0-884d-2ffadcfb9158
  9. I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I know by default xboxs always have an input delay for keyboard and mouse but is there a...: I don't know what this part is for 7746c636-1686-4359-8002-c1715a3f7ca1
  10. Xbox Series S Mouse Input Delay.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Mouse Input Delay.: I have an xbox series s. I bought it because it has keyboard mouse support. There is no problem with the keyboard input. However, when I slide the mouse, it is extremely delayed. I know that the...