Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed?

Discus and support Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I’m back with a repeat question, as it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with an isp issue. But I recently switched to another isp, for a totally... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CplMSO, Apr 25, 2023.

1. CplMSO
    CplMSO Guest

So I’m back with a repeat question, as it doesn’t seem to have anything to do with an isp issue. But I recently switched to another isp, for a totally unrelated reason, other than we can get up to 1Gbps; the download speed my console gets, always reads 0.01 and the network test in console instantly finishes from there… plays YouTube and any available online games just fine. Meanwhile, the upload speed it’s getting, has approximately doubled to about 15mbps. I still have to play around with a power line adapter more, to get the best possible connections for both worlds; but, even then, that’s yielded no improvements before in this regard.

I’ve cleared the catches, restarted, disconnect and reconnected, anything within reason, you name it.

My only theory as to why this is, is because the download speed is too high to actually register, now that I’ve configured the 2.4ghz network to accommodate the 360 as ideally as possible. Prior to it actually reading a real download speed, it was getting anywhere from 12-16mbps. I know, that’s nothing now days. But I think its still fairly good for 05-10 based technology.

If I can get it to actually read a realistic download speed again, that would be pretty nice. Not the end of the world, but something obviously caused it to always read that way now.

:)

CplMSO, Apr 25, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

0.01 download speed Xbox 360 e

I understand. Have you also tried the troubleshooting steps from the link above?

If it’s a server side issue and is happening to multiple users, it would be best to try it again at a later time.

You may as well report it by clicking on Report a service outage through https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status.
  3. WoodySign818731 Win User

I think it's a server side issue because I tried everything even mobile hotspot i saw many people with same problem

And they had no solution too
  4. Tom Lint Win User

I unfortunately have the same issue. I can connect to Xbox Live, even download some stuff, but it will always disconnect after a few minutes, regardless of any activity. Network test shows 147ms latency, 79.86 mbps Upload, and 0.01 mbps Download speed on wired, as I have no wireless adapter on my Xbox 360 Elite. With stuff starting to shut down on Microsoft's end, now that the 360 is almost 20 years old, it would really help if the console wouldn't constantly drop its connection and keep people from getting stuff from Xbox Live before it all shuts down.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

May I know what steps have you already tried so far?
    To further isolate the issue, please try to connect using a different network connection. You could try your mobile data hotspot.

Be sure to follow all the troubleshooting steps or guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  6. CplMSO Win User

So why is it that my Xbox 360 Slim won’t sign into Xbox live? I’ve already rebooted my router or left it off for 5 minutes like it says, but nothings changed..

Okay, interesting. so they are aware then. You’d think it’d be marked as a known issue till it’s resolved.

As for the 0.01 download speed never changing, what do you think of that?
Thema:

1. Is it common for an 360 S, to always read at a 0.01 download speed? - Similar Threads - common 360 always

2. Why does xbox insist on catering to the lowest common denominator?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does xbox insist on catering to the lowest common denominator?: Why in God's name is there a new special strike system that adds a multi-player ban to the communications bans? If you don't wanna hear somebody block and mute them it's not that hard. You don't...
  3. Is this common to lose items you paid for?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is this common to lose items you paid for?: I purchased Helix Points for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I recently loaded up the game again and the remaining Helix Points I had as well as the items I purchased are now gone. However there are...
  4. The middle of the card art is not showing up on the common cards. The middles are blank. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The middle of the card art is not showing up on the common cards. The middles are blank. Why?: The middle of the lower common cards are blank in the middle on my Xbox x and I don’t know why. The high diamond 90 plus cards are fine ec0c4109-973f-4296-a93d-2f71f6ec6af4
  5. (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...

in XBoX Accessibility
    (this is a common problem) I purchased the discounted upgrade for MWII [Vault Edition] for...: The title is pretty self explanatory, but it’s true. On the Series X, I pre-ordered the base Modern Warfare II game back in September, or around that time of year. I didn’t want to commit...
  6. I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG...: I have a suspension for copying a post someone else posts and is very common in the LFG forum? Why have you banned me for two days without a warning and no option to review. Edit: Just been...
  7. Discord on Xbox - Common disappearance of “Try Discord on Xbox” option

in XboX Insiders
    Discord on Xbox - Common disappearance of “Try Discord on Xbox” option: To start things off I love the idea, and initially I had no problems connecting to discord and linking through my Xbox account via QR code. However soon after (about a half hour) the option under...
  8. Are trident drops common on bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are trident drops common on bedrock?: I'm on a bedrock server with some friends and have gotten 5 tridents over just a few days of playing. We do live near a body of water, so tons of drowned, but still, i feel like i have way more...
  9. How common is the "achievements not unlocking" issue?

in XboX Insiders
    How common is the "achievements not unlocking" issue?: So I recently opened a ticket with Xbox support (they recommend me to this SubReddit) through their live chat and had to have it escalated because of achievements randomly not unlocking in AC...
  10. Organize list by common games shared with close friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Organize list by common games shared with close friends: I have two or three main game friends I know on a first name basis IRL. I'm surprised the game menu can't be grouped by games shared in common with Xbox Live friends. It should be coordinated...