Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

Discus and support Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yes, the audio is cutting a lot for me to, mostly during the cut scenes. Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Obsessive Power, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

Yes, the audio is cutting a lot for me to, mostly during the cut scenes.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 1, 2014
  2. gamerXpress
    gamerXpress Guest
    @Owen @Black Bones I've also noticed the audio skips in cutscenes which gets awkward at times. I've tried free aim, thought it'd be like GTA IV's aiming for a second. Wrong, very loose to aim accurately. Never froze up on me yet (hopefully not), althought
    it lags when I pause the game and/or play occasionally.

I like the use of checkpoints in the missions which makes it easier to complete it than 10 years ago. (Train mission was still difficult ) And the ability to keep your weapons upon death is welcome (was omitted in the original.)

gamerXpress, Nov 1, 2014
  3. You really need to save as often as possible, certainly after a hard mission.

If it does freeze up on you it takes you back to your last save, not a checkpoint.

I have the subtitles turned on, so even if the audio goes down i still know whats going on.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 1, 2014
  4. Argontheos
    Argontheos Guest

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

They have definitely done something to make the missions easier, I just completed all of "Zero's" missions on the first go.

[/quote]

Right? Heh ha. The thing that made it hard on the original wasn't just the dodgy controls for the RC plane... it was the ridonculous fuel consumption! In this 360 version Zero still goes, "CJ YOU HAVE TO GET BACK BEFORE YOU RUN OUT OF FUEL!" But the fuel
    barely frickin' moved. lol You could fly the RC to Los Santos and then back to San Fierro and still have enough left to do some tricks before you land.

The sound bug thing is bad. If you listen to one station on the radio for more than five minutes you'll hear it skip multiple times. Even WCTR, it can be Gardening with Maurice one minute, and then it'll skip mid-sentence to Lazlo interviewing OG Loc. If
    there's music playing in the background of a cutscene, all sound drops, or just the music in the background keeps playing and the rest of the sound drops out.,

I had no gatling gun sound for the Zero mission on the rooftop. Just a wobbling cursor to signify when I was shooting. Heh. Game needs patching to fix the sound issues. Even if just to fix the radio. =)

Argontheos, Nov 2, 2014
  5. I remember struggling on that first zero mission back on the ps2, and cheered when i got through it only to be faced with the next one being even harder.

Like you say the fuel doesn`t even move, plus your plane does not explode if you crash, you can just take off again, i am sure it used to.

The dodgy controls are still there when you get to fly a "real" plane, i am currently stuck on one mission because i keep crashing.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 3, 2014
  6. Its an easier game because the 360 version is a port of the mobile version. This is why there are checkpoints, easier missions and audio bugs. Eurogamer.net says that the 360 version is very similar to San Andreas on the NVidia Shield tablet.

In my opinion the best version of GTA San Andreas is the PC port - full 1080p @ 60fps with a far superior draw distance to the game on any other system. PC version also supports controllers. The 360 version may be a decent port at a bargain price, but the
    Xbox 360 is capable of much more than this.

Obsessive Power, Nov 3, 2014
  7. fuelldbyhate
    fuelldbyhate Guest
    I could NEVER ever finish zeros missions especially the one were you had to fly around in that remote plane an kill people..

fuelldbyhate, Nov 3, 2014
  8. Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

The game got an update today, it may fix some of the audio issues.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 5, 2014
  9. Nope, sounds gone within minutes of starting playing.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 5, 2014
  10. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest
    Why did they not just re release the game as it was back in 2005 and avoid all of these problems?

IntenseJames, Nov 6, 2014
  11. Argontheos
    Argontheos Guest
    What did the update do? Patch notes anyone? lol

I experienced some nutty graphical glitches today. Like full-screen ghost images flashing, buildings being transparent, and a bunch of coloured squares at the top and bottom of the screen.

I'm inclined to blame the update since I have no idea what it did. The PC gamer in me fears and loathes (in Las Vegas) automatic updates. ~(0_o)~

Argontheos, Nov 6, 2014
  12. I haven`t noticed a single change yet, it certainly hasn`t stopped the audio problems.

Not had any of the problems you mention.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 6, 2014
  13. Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

I haven't had any audio problems during cutscenes, but the radio seems to go away all of a sudden at points and even skips at other times. And sometimes it doesn't even let me choose a radio stations.

Also yesterday I was playing the mission where I had to chase down the helicopter and blow it up with an RPG, well the third attempt or so, the screen started to glitch out, reminded me of how cartridge based games act if they're slightly touched while you
    play. My car was transparent and was mirrored at the top of the screen and my rockets didn't seem to damage the heli for some reason. It even occurred when I'd go into the menu, which I thought was odd. It worked fine today though.

Dr Black Bones, Nov 6, 2014
  14. Found another annoying glitch today, in the later missions the checkpoint saves do not work.

You will get a check point save, but if you fail the mission it does not give you the option to restart from that point.

You literally have to drive all the way back to the start point and restart the whole mission again.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 7, 2014
  15. Having to restart a mission from the beginning is my #1 reason for rage quitting.

BizarroMantis, Nov 7, 2014
Thema: