Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

Discus and support Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; According to Eurogamer, GTA San Andreas on the 360 is a port of the mobile version, which is either the one for iOS devices or Android. The developer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Obsessive Power, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

According to Eurogamer, GTA San Andreas on the 360 is a port of the mobile version, which is either the one for iOS devices or Android. The developer has taken the graphics a little step further than the mobile ports with better draw distances, but what
    is clear is that this version of the game is not a port of the PS2 version or the original Xbox version.

GTA: San Andreas HD on Xbox 360 is a mobile port

Apparently it's also locked at 30fps, which is odd because the Xbox 360 should easily be capable of running this old game at 60fps. Although to be fair, at the price their selling it, it's still worth a go. It's the same price as the mobile versions at the
    moment.

:)

Obsessive Power, Oct 31, 2014
  2. IntenseJames
    IntenseJames Guest
  3. bluep13
    bluep13 Guest
    hi

how can i play gta san andreas local multiplayer on xbox 360???

bluep13, Oct 31, 2014
  4. Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

The remote control airplane section that Owen is talking about, is a little easier if you land the planes first behind, or in front of the vehicles, then shoot them up a notch. Made things easier.

As for the driving...

In GTA III the cars felt great but could topple for next to no reason.

Vice City they stuck to the road like a scalextric track but were fun overall.

San Andreas the cars were better in that each car truly felt different to drive, but the handbrake was a bit extreme. Best to stick to normal break and go buttons.

GTAIV the cars felt like they had no abs but with an automatic gear shift. Tricky but once mastered it was a great drive.

GTAV. To me they have the balance perfectly. Each car feels different to drive but going for the faster supercars can get twitchy.

ImminentCoot307, Oct 31, 2014
  5. It's totally worth it. It is pretty fun and you won't play it for 7 hours at a time like gta online (Mainly because san andreas has no multiplayer feature). A great way to waste away until your latest game for gold in finished installing.

xXPROGAMERXxMK8, Oct 31, 2014
  6. I played gta SA on the playstation 2 but was never able to play the game on the original xbox. I got a pirated copy on the PC and modded it up, and after that, the remastered edition came out on Apple stores. With that said, this is just a port from the
    apple mobile devices. There is a ton of new things added but the main thing is probably the graphics. They are not next gen....not even current gen, but the graphics and polygons that were there are now sharpened and enhanced. But....the mechanics on the other
    hand are love/hate. You either love them, or you hate them. The manual aim for consoles has always been "pull my hair out" difficult, but switch to manual aim and you'll shoot a police instead of the bad guy. Auto aim has a mind of it's own but manual is even
    worse. The dring is different. The sections in which you used to press A are switch with the Trigger button. So, riding a bike used to mean mashing A to ride faster and now you hold down the left trigger (Which is not as realistic). Apart from a few instances,
    you will have a blast with this game. Helicopters, planes, and cheat codes for when you 100%, which will take you a while, because the map is on par with gta 5 and there is a TON to do. This game is the last gen version of what GTA V is now. Of course, it's
    a love hate thing so if you love this type of thing, get it. if not spend your 5 bucks on slender the arrival

xXPROGAMERXxMK8, Oct 31, 2014
  7. Argontheos
    Argontheos Guest
    The OG guidebook says this about driving:

Accelerate coming out of corners, not going into them. If you find yourself braking in a corner, you went too fast into it, break on the straight before the corner, and take your foot completely off the gas during the corner, and then accelerate out of it.
    Do not touch the hand brake for anything but an overwhelming need to do a 180, or a unintentional 360 in an attempt to do a 180. {=D

While I'm here. I gotta give some San Andreas OG tips for the early parts of the game:

1. There's a hand gun in the back garden of the house on the left Sweet's house on the grove. Grab that.

2. Behind and to the left of Sweet's house, under the bridge in the sewer type drainage thing. You'll find some free body armour. Grab that.

Uh... that's it. The body armour makes everything easier, and you can keep going back for it. =)

Argontheos, Oct 31, 2014
  8. Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

If you spend just a short time taking over a few territories you will have all the weapons you need.

The only time you will lose them is if you get arrested.

I am yet to buy any weapons and have machine guns and ak47`s with over 2000 rounds each.

The game is so much easier with that auto lock turned on.

THEOWENKILLER, Oct 31, 2014
  9. Argontheos
    Argontheos Guest
    I meant early as in... all the missions before the territory war, like, as soon as you start. =) I didn't bother going for territories though man, you lose them all, and everything you're carrying during the story as you know, lol. But apparently the takeovers
    stack and count toward the cheevo so it's gonna take me longer to get that later.

I can't wait for James Woods to show up. Heh. I'm just about at the point where the GTA III guy turns up for his cameo too. lol

This game is good old fashioned, crude looking, slightly borked fun. I'm loving it. lol

Argontheos, Nov 1, 2014
  10. Yeh, but before you lose everything it makes the missions much easier with loads of weapons to choose from, it also gives you extra cash to buy houses.

THEOWENKILLER, Nov 1, 2014
  11. Argontheos
    Argontheos Guest
    [quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

Yeh, but before you lose everything it makes the missions much easier with loads of weapons to choose from, it also gives you extra cash to buy houses.

[/quote]

True, true. =)

Y'know, I'd love to set up a PS2 and do a comparison of some of the missions. Everything has been made waaay easier I think.

Chasing the quad bikes with Catalina, on PS2 when she eventually shot one of the guys and he dropped his case and you missed the pick up, if you had to turn around to get the case you'd fail the mission because it could take too long and the others'd
    get too far ahead. On this version the guys can get like, two towns ahead, and you don't fail. I know, I stopped and let them go just to see... lol

The racing missions between San Fierro and Los Santos, it's almost like the other cars aren't trying. On PS2 it was down to the wire.

Burning the weed with The Truth. I'm almost positive I had to get more flamethrower ammo on PS2, and it was really close between burning the weed and the cops showing up - because it took so long to burn the weed - meaning you could end up being chased to
    San Fierro in that crappy van. On this you can burn the weed with minutes to spare, take your time lining up the rocket for the police helicopter, and the drive to San Fierro is a quiet one.

It's like, San Andreas lite... experience all the story without the challenge, or something. I'm undecided if that's better or not. lol Maybe it was made easier for the mobile audience?

Argontheos, Nov 1, 2014
  12. The one thing it never used to do on the ps2 was freeze up.

It has froze up on me a couple of times now and sent me back several missions when i come to reload, very annoying.

13. Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?

They have definitely done something to make the missions easier, i just completed all of "zero`s" missions on the first go.

14. fuelldbyhate
    fuelldbyhate Guest
    I just had a hard time figuring out what or how to use xbox cheats on a xbox 360 layout controller. thats what stopped me from playing, I used to own a Ps2 thats when I played HOURS & HOURS of that game.

fuelldbyhate, Nov 1, 2014
  15. Also, lock on aim is turned off when starting for some reason. Anyways I got it when it was under $4. I've been playing it for quite a while though, already in San Fierro or whatever it's called. The only big problem I have is that audio cuts out during
    cut scenes a lot, not sure why. Hopefully they patch it.

Dr Black Bones, Nov 1, 2014
Thema:

Is GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 worth buying?