Is double NAT a problem on Xbox series s?

Discus and support Is double NAT a problem on Xbox series s? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! When I open the internet setting on my xbox, it says ,,double NAT connected". It's the same for both wireless and wired connection. Is it a problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarcellV, Aug 25, 2022.

1. MarcellV
    MarcellV Guest

Hi! When I open the internet setting on my xbox, it says ,,double NAT connected". It's the same for both wireless and wired connection. Is it a problem and if it is what can I do about it?

:)

MarcellV, Aug 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today MARCELLV

It depends, some multiplayer games doesn't work as expected with double NAT or you can have a bad experience when playing online.

Usually double NAT appears when you have repeaters provided by your ISP or more than one router.

In order to fix it please check this article:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Chirag_P Win User

Download blocked with double NAT on Series S

I worked with my ISP to resolve Double NAT and setup port forwarding. Now, on my Xbox series s, it shows NAT Type open, all the tests are successful, does not show any issues.

Question now remains, why does not the download happen?. Before you suggest power cycles and restarts, already tried those. No luck.
  4. HexedShadowWolf Win User

Double NAT

First thing is fixing the double nat problem and this may help.

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
  5. Chirag_P Win User

For testing, I tried routing Xbox network traffic over VPN via my laptop and downloads were working fine. I have not reset my console yet, still doesn't explain what's blocking the download.

If reset was the culprit it shouldn't have worked over VPN either...

Funny thing is, over VPN NAT is moderate, UPnP unsuccessful yet downloads works and direct network connection NAT open doesn't work... šŸ˜‚
  6. Chirag_P Win User

Hi, thanks for the info. I have tried those steps multiple times and is a frequently suggested steps to perform. But this has not solved the issue.

What's next? I am unable download games on my new series s even though I have paid for Xbox ultimate pass...
Thema:

1. Is double NAT a problem on Xbox series s? - Similar Threads - double NAT problem

2. How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix a double nat error, its stopping me from playing games or streaming: Someone please help, my xboxs have a doible nat detected which is preventing any games or streaming from working 77a95849-09cd-4ff2-8746-a8be219db461
  3. Double NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT: I am getting Double NAT detected on my network does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it. It's an Xbox 1S, it has wired Internet and everything we have tried to fix it doesn't work....
  4. I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Canā€™t get rid of double nat....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Canā€™t get rid of double nat....: I have an ATT netgear nighthawk WiFi box. Xbox is wired to it. Canā€™t get rid of double nat. Help? de77dfab-8015-4fc4-8f14-51f0175cd6f9
  5. Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT type because of EE 4g Wifi: I'm using EE 4g Wifi, which causes a double NAT type. I've contacted EE, and they have no solution on their end. What can I do, other than use a VPN? Can Microsoft do anything?...
  6. Double Nat with only a gateway

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat with only a gateway: Hi, so Iā€™m getting double Nat on my series X but I donā€™t have a modem and a router or any pair of something. I just have my ISP ONT gateway which is connected to an Ethernet switch and then my...
  7. Double Nat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Nat: Hi. My Xbox keeps telling me that Double NAT detected but Iā€™m unsure how to remove it. Can anybody help. This has only started since Iā€™ve had new broadband installed....
  8. Double NAT Type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT Type: Hello, I'm an Xbox One S user. Not too long ago, after shifting from my previous network source to a new one, I started having UPNP based errors, and after enabling UPNP in the admin's site, I...
  9. Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please: Double NAT detected - currently in strict NAT type. I will like it to be open please 3d36e8e6-1002-4a11-9210-703c25531f56
  10. My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and Iā€™m not quite sure how to get rid of it. Iā€™m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps saying I have a Double NAT and Iā€™m not quite sure how to get rid of it. Iā€™m...: How do I go about fixing a double nat on a wireless system? My minecraft multiplayer is all out of wack and i donā€™t know why 9401cec4-84ba-416d-83b8-e8095ee99955