Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?

Discus and support Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I started having this issue about a week ago where my Xbox is somehow detecting an Ethernet cable when I don’t have one and it won’t let me connect to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dylan Duncan, May 11, 2024.

1. Dylan Duncan
    Dylan Duncan Guest

I started having this issue about a week ago where my Xbox is somehow detecting an Ethernet cable when I don’t have one and it won’t let me connect to my WiFi and not sure how to fix, sometimes I’ll get on my Xbox and it will magically connect to WiFi. I have no idea why it’s doing this or any fixes, so anything helps, thanks!

:)

Dylan Duncan, May 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Dylan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

This appears to be a hardware issue.

I recommend you submit a repair request, that said, I did encounter something similar that was fixed by changing the HDMI CEC settings, it's worth trying. (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/171125b0-0366-4283-b036-318283982a7a)

Please, turn off this option on your consoles:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > TV & A/V power options > Uncheck the HDMI-CEC

If it doesn't work, please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
  3. Battered Puppy Win User

I have no option to connect to a wired network just wireless

The auto switch to Wired is normal when the wired connection is detected. Is it switching itself between wireless and wired? Is anything else between the Xbox and the router on the wired connection? Network switch, hub, ethernet over power adapter, etc?
  4. iareBRENDEN Win User

Kicked off of multiplayer games, but not streaming services

If you're connecting over a WiFi network, then you aren't connected over Ethernet (i.e. a wired connection). Are you connecting ovet wireless or wired?

Have you talked to anyone else in your dorm (if you're in one) to see if anyone else is having issues?
  5. HassanB Win User

My console won't recognise my pc

When you get this error message "To use a wired internet connection, make sure an Ethernet cable is connected to both your console and your router modem" it means that there is either an issue with the console's Ethernet port, the device's Ethernet port
    that your plugging the cable into, or the cable itself.

So to rule out the XBOX 360 you'd need to try another device using that same Ethernet cable to see if it's detected in something else and go from there. If you have another device you can try to setup using the 3G modem with the Ethernet Cable and it connects
    just fine then it means that there is a problem with the XBOX 360's Ethernet Port which at that point you'd need to send the console in for a repair if you continue to get this message.
  6. GreyStormGaming Win User

My modem don´t detect the ethernet cable

So you're saying that your XOne console with only detect the ethernet cable if your pc is already connected through another ethernet cable ?
Thema:

1. Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection? - Similar Threads - anyone else’s falsely

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?: I have recently connected to Startlink and have just tried to connect XBox series X to the Internet. Now I can't see any videos or images in the xbox store. I notice there is an outage for the...
  4. Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...: Just wondering if anyone wants to get together and sue Xbox for not letting us make contact with enforcement to even begin to telll on them about our problem Yes. They won’t even let me make a...
  5. Alpha Skip-Ahead update size. Anyone else received a 5GB update?

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip-Ahead update size. Anyone else received a 5GB update?: I have a mysterious 5GB update pending. That seems like a full OS update to me. My console got banned for unknown reasons. Had zero strikes etc and i have no way to get any information about the...
  6. Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...: With the latest update on xbox one I now keep getting the error code Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you find a solution?...
  7. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  8. Anyone else get suspended over false complaints?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone else get suspended over false complaints?: I received a suspension for two days saying I violated rules. My messages and party I can’t join or respond to. I haven’t spoken to anyone other than family and my bf. Yet Xbox claims a bunch of...
  9. Anyone else get suspended over false complaints?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone else get suspended over false complaints?: I received a suspension for two days saying I violated rules. My messages and party I can’t join or respond to. I haven’t spoken to anyone other than family and my bf. Yet Xbox claims a bunch of...
  10. Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone else had their account suspended because of a false report and the enforcement...: I am really upset with the Xbox enforcement team. My account was suspended because someone reported me having an inappropriate gamer pic which I don’t. My gamer pic was a piece of artwork of a...