Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

Discus and support Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iSuckTheMeat, Apr 22, 2024.

1. iSuckTheMeat
    iSuckTheMeat Guest

After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others too? The hard drive turns on when plugged in but won’t connect to the Xbox once that’s plugged in too.

:)

iSuckTheMeat, Apr 22, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your external storage unit.

If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

- May I ask which Xbox model you are using?

- To clarify, is the hard drive not showing up at Settings > System > Storage devices?

- Besides this hard drive and the TV/monitor, do you have any other external devices plugged into your console?

- Could you go to Settings > General > Power options, and let me know which power mode your console is set to?

- Is your console plugged in directly into one of the wall's outlets?

---

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. d3xt3r1874 Win User

External hard drive help

There's an ongoing issue with external HDD's after the last update.

Supposedly it's being worked on, but we've had no updates in days. Coincidentally, most people are reporting issues with Seagate external drives....
  4. DanielMichael5 Win User

Xbox One no longer recognizing external Seagate hard drive

So my xbox one updated yesterday and since then my external seagate hard drive is no longer connecting to my xbox. No error message or anything, just shows what is downloaded on the internal hard drive. I have tried every trick involving full console
    restarts, unplugging and plugging everything back in, changing around which usb-3 port i'm using and trying a different usb-3 cable. Nothing is working. The blue light on the seagate is blinking which means that it's functioning normally, just the xbox isn't
    recognizing it. I haven't touched or done anything to the hard drive, cables, or xbox prior to yesterday. The problem started after the update. Anybody else having this issue?
  5. BiohazardBR Win User

External Hd *Ready To Use*

Im having a problem with one of my external *Seagate2T* Hdrive, keeps saying intermittently *External ready to use* iv formatted the seagate via Pc... When plugged in Xb.X it recognizes drive but then doesnt ? Jst out of warranty Q: Has the DRIVE
    terminated itself? anyone else?
    I would reformat it on the PC and remove the drive letter assignment, then format it on the Xbox.
  6. SmokenSmiley Win User

External Hard Drive not updating

I am having the same exact issue since had game updates at end of March. External Fantom drive that uses a a Seagate Firecuda SSD 2TB. This all started from Microsoft last xbox update. Fantom Drives and Seagate are aware of problem, Microsoft playing ignorance.
Thema:

1. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update? - Similar Threads - anyone else’s Seagate

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?: I have recently connected to Startlink and have just tried to connect XBox series X to the Internet. Now I can't see any videos or images in the xbox store. I notice there is an outage for the...
  4. Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...: Just wondering if anyone wants to get together and sue Xbox for not letting us make contact with enforcement to even begin to telll on them about our problem Yes. They won’t even let me make a...
  5. Alpha Skip-Ahead update size. Anyone else received a 5GB update?

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip-Ahead update size. Anyone else received a 5GB update?: I have a mysterious 5GB update pending. That seems like a full OS update to me. My console got banned for unknown reasons. Had zero strikes etc and i have no way to get any information about the...
  6. Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...: With the latest update on xbox one I now keep getting the error code Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you find a solution?...
  7. Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?: I started having this issue about a week ago where my Xbox is somehow detecting an Ethernet cable when I don’t have one and it won’t let me connect to my WiFi and not sure how to fix, sometimes...
  8. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  9. Is anyone else having issues using xbox LFG on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is anyone else having issues using xbox LFG on pc?: When i open up xbox game bar on my pc and open up the lfg widget, it says "launch game to see available groups to join" even though i already have my game open. It works some days and others it...
  10. Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is anyone else having trouble logging into X-Box live on the 360?: My X-Box 360 won't allow me to upload my profile and my Series X won't allow me to sign into X-Box Live on 360 games. I tried toggling my recurring payment for Gamepass Ultimate. Deleted my...