Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?

Discus and support Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? Can it be used on an AndroidTV for use in Steam TV sharing?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by crucerumalin, Oct 22, 2023.

1. crucerumalin
    crucerumalin Guest

Can it be used on an AndroidTV for use in Steam TV sharing?

:)

crucerumalin, Oct 22, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Crucerumalin! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

It is an honor for me to speak with you today, according to what I understand, this control is compatible and in fact you can connect it to your Android TV via Bluetooth with these steps:

1. Turn on your Xbox 360 controller by pressing the Xbox button.
    2. Press and hold the connect button on the top of the controller until the Xbox button starts flashing.
    3. On your Android TV, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Add device.
    4. Select your Xbox 360 controller from the list of available devices.
    5. Once connected, you can use your Xbox 360 controller to play games on your Android TV.

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/353380/discussions/0/3165442751819255920/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

How do I Bluetooth my Xbox 360 controller to my android phone

Xbox 360 controllers don't use Bluetooth, they have their own wireless protocol that Android phones can not use. The only way to use a 360 controller on an Android phone would be via a USB cable.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox360 Wireless Controller für pc/android

Hi,

Unlike the Xbox One controller which can be both wireless and wired, the wireless 360 controller only operates via wireless. The connector for the USB - or the 'Play and charge' - cable only sends power, not controller input data. Also the wireless protocol
    it uses is proprietary, in other words, it's not Bluetooth.

You can use an wireless 360 controller on a PC, but you'll need an Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver attached to your PC.

The wireless 360 controllers do not work with Android, but the wired ones do.

Hope that helps.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

How to pair an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC with the new XBOX Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10

Hi,

Sorry, I think there has been some major confusion here. The Wireless Gaming Adaptor for Windows 10, can only be used with a Xbox One controller. It
    can not be used for the Xbox 360 wireless controller. This because the 360 controller uses a different wireless protocol.

Microsoft used to make the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming receiver, but it was discontinued many years ago. You can buy third party unofficial ones from sites such as eBay quite cheaply though.

Note that if you choose to buy an Xbox One controller instead, the latest Xbox One controllers now fully support Bluetooth for wireless connectivity.
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

Why won't my controller pair with my Phone?

Hello Braden S! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

You are unable to pair a Xbox 360 controller to an Android phone as the 360 does not use bluetooth but their own wireless protocol. You would need a wired Xbox 360 controller to connect to phone.
Thema:

1. Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? - Similar Threads - wireless 360 controller

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  7. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?: Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051
  8. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...
  10. Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?: Xbox 360 S console and controller begin the syncing process, but the connection fails and the light becomes static or stops blinking. I have tried using usb contoller, it works, but wireless...