IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.

Discus and support IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Me and a friend are trying to play GTA Online together. If he or I host a game, one of us will get disconnected in about 5-10 minutes. The same happens... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BatSquirrel, May 29, 2015.

1. BatSquirrel
    BatSquirrel Guest

IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.

Me and a friend are trying to play GTA Online together. If he or I host a game, one of us will get disconnected in about 5-10 minutes. The same happens with our party chat, fails after about 5-10 minutes. If another player is the host, it seems that the
    disconnect doesn't seem to happen (I joined a game he was in, spectated for about 8 minutes and then we played for about 15)

• He has an IPv6 connection, and I have an IPv4 connection.
    • Both of our NATs seem to be open.
    • If we chat through Skype, the chat works flawlessly but he can't join any games (keeps timing out)
    • I am using an Archer C7 Wired (120/11 D/U)
    • He is using a Wireless Gateway provided by Comcast but seems to be around 30/8 D/U)
    • Both of us have sub 100 ping
    • Both of us have DCHP reserved IPs for the console, using UPNP
    • We both also are using Instant on
    What Country/State/Province do you live in? Both US, Florida (different cities and ISPs)

Modem brand & model number:
    Motorola Surfboard SB6141 (Me) / Comcast Gateway (Him)

Router brand & model number:
    Archer C7 AB1750 (Me) / Comcast Gateway (Him)

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?:
    1 XBOne (Me) / 1 XBOne and 1 360 (Him) His 360 is not being played to my knowledge, may not even be hooked up

Wired or Wireless (for each console):

Things you have tried:

:)

BatSquirrel, May 29, 2015
  2. NAT switches between Open and Strict

Is it possible that you have IPv4 AND IPv6 in your gateway? Does your ISP give you both?

Xx ROZILLA xX, May 29, 2015
  3. XBL Works fine, and then it disconnects and says I can't find Toredo IP

Do you have IPv6? Does your ISP gibe you IPv6 AND IPv4 adresses?

Xx ROZILLA xX, May 29, 2015
  4. IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game.

what's weird is that my wireless speeds are at 177/23 for my laptops but the xbox one can't seem to go above 40 on either wireless or wired. is there a setting i'm missing that I should be activating on my router? I have a netgear x6 tri band router

IgotTSondabrain, May 29, 2015
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings Bat!

Just to clarfiy. If you are hosting a game, or chat, and your friend connect to this session, then he/she will be disconnected within a certain timeframe, but where your connection will stay solid, and vice versa? What about if you host a game, or chat,
    without any involvement of your friend, and have a player join in, are you both then able to stay connected for the duration of this session, and vice versa for your friend?

I'm more interested in your friend, since this person, by default, is using IPv6 transition mechanisms and on top of that, the Teredo tunneling mechanism.

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  6. taidara Win User

Greetings Bat!

Just to clarfiy. If you are hosting a game, or chat, and your friend connect to this session, then he/she will be disconnected within a certain timeframe, but where your connection will stay solid, and vice versa? What about if you host a game, or chat,
    without any involvement of your friend, and have a player join in, are you both then able to stay connected for the duration of this session, and vice versa for your friend?

I'm more interested in your friend, since this person, by default, is using IPv6 transition mechanisms and on top of that, the Teredo tunneling mechanism.
  7. IgotTSondabrain Win User

what's weird is that my wireless speeds are at 177/23 for my laptops but the xbox one can't seem to go above 40 on either wireless or wired. is there a setting i'm missing that I should be activating on my router? I have a netgear x6 tri band router
  8. Retropyro Win User

how do u change to ipv6

It does it automatically if your service provider supports IPV6. It will show as IPV4 & IPV6 under network status.

If it's only showing IPV4 then your provider does not support IPV6 and/or there is a communication problem between your router/modem and your Xbox.
  9. Simon Mattes Win User

Native IPv6 Support

Same question here.

I love my Xbox and the "ipv6 support".

But the required tunneling over ipv4 via teredo is pathetic.

I am on a native ipv6 network. To use party chat I have to leave my ipv6 network and use a virtual ipv4 address, just to use teredo to join the ipv6 network again.

Microsoft; when is native ipv6 support planned for the Xbox one?

Regards

-Simon
  10. A Space Voyager Win User

Hotspot issues with Xbox one

My xbox one told me than that im using IPv4.

My advanced settings have both IPv4 & IPv6 setup so idk of thats causing any issues
Thema:

1. IPv6 playing with IPv4 Issues? Consistent Disconnect between me and my friend, chat and game. - Similar Threads - IPv6 playing IPv4

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  4. I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...: I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to IPv4? My "Current network status" on my Xbox: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Open All services are available...
  5. Ipv6 on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ipv6 on Xbox One?: What is Ipv6 on Xbox one? Mine says Ipv4 2b9d340f-b182-4f07-ad47-b5e47c67224e
  6. XBOX ONE S: IPv6 Prefix Delegation

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S: IPv6 Prefix Delegation: Xbox Ipv6 not connecting when my Ubiquiti UDM Pro gateway/router is set to PD /56 from starlink (Average Speed 150Mpbs). It used to connect to AT&T with PD /48 (DSL Average 12Mbps). I reduced the...
  7. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  8. xbox series x no ipv6 option

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x no ipv6 option: i have a new tv connected through the same router and it connected by ipv6 automatically 7be3bbb8-3f91-469b-9f9a-d08dfa61f8a6
  9. How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s: how do I turn on the ipv6 setting? e24dacce-ba2c-44e7-a9b5-e929369014d4
  10. How to change to ipv6 on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change to ipv6 on my Xbox?: Need some assistance with my question. e5ad6935-ebe6-4eb5-84ef-3af4579649e3