IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ?

Discus and support IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got DS-lite from my ISP. So I have a NATIVE IPv6 Adress an a shared (CG Nat) IPv4. My Router is a Fritz Box 6490. If I disable Teredo (for security... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xx ROZILLA xX, Jun 27, 2016.

1. IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ?

I got DS-lite from my ISP. So I have a NATIVE IPv6 Adress an a shared (CG Nat) IPv4.

My Router is a Fritz Box 6490.

If I disable Teredo (for security reasons) I get a strict NAT and I can not join xbox live parties. I can game with it but I can not have partys.

The Question I have: Because my router blocks all incomming traffic on IPv6 do I have to forward Ports also on IPv6? (I can setup Firewall rules for IPv6 on this router).

And If I have to setup the Ports for Incoming connection - what Ports should I use?

The only thing I want to have: Party chat without Teredo. Is it possible?

Also is it possible to also find multiplayer games only p2p gamers who also uses IPv6 (even if it needs longer to find them).

:)

Xx ROZILLA xX, Jun 27, 2016
  2. Simon Mattes
    Simon Mattes Guest
    Native IPv6 Support

Same question here.

I love my Xbox and the "ipv6 support".

But the required tunneling over ipv4 via teredo is pathetic.

I am on a native ipv6 network. To use party chat I have to leave my ipv6 network and use a virtual ipv4 address, just to use teredo to join the ipv6 network again.

Microsoft; when is native ipv6 support planned for the Xbox one?

Regards

-Simon

Simon Mattes, Jun 27, 2016
  3. zanswer
    zanswer Guest
    "Can't get a Teredo IP address" Yet more Xbox One connection issues

@ZOMBIE BAIT 368 hey hey

Please keep in mind, that You must use UPnP or manual Port Forwarding, not them all together. So, delete all port forwarding rules, check that UPnP is enabled, then set Xbox One to use Automatic IP address. And check Your gateway for IPv6 settings, You need
    to find something like this: IPv6 Enable, IPv6 filtering, IPv6 tunnels allow, Teredo tunnels allow and etc.

You get this error because Your Xbox One can't create Teredo tunnel thru Your gateway, this tunnel is needed to support Voice Chats for example.

zanswer, Jun 27, 2016
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]If I disable Teredo (for security reasons)[/quote]wouldn't it be better if you instead disable Teredo on your PC machine?

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]Because my router blocks all incomming traffic on IPv6[/quote]As in unsolicited traffic, and not the traffic that has already been initiated from inside to outside?

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]do I have to forward Ports also on IPv6? (I can setup Firewall rules for IPv6 on this router).[/quote]Do you distribute IPv6 traffic on your LAN as well?

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]The only thing I want to have: Party chat without Teredo. Is it possible?[/quote]Is Xbox One without Teredo even possible? Don't think so.

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]Also is it possible to also find multiplayer games only p2p gamers who also uses IPv6 (even if it needs longer to find them).[/quote]According to Teredo specs it should be possible.

taidara, Jun 29, 2016
  5. Sorry for the late response:

I think Teredo should be disabled on Router because I also have other devices not only xbox and pc.

For blocking Traffic I'm not sure: here is it written so I'm not sure if I need to Port Forward

en.avm.de/.../845_Setting-up-IPv6-port-forwarding-in-the-FRITZ-Box

I use SLAAC for internal IPv6 no DHCPv6

The Problem I have. If I disable Teredo I get NAT strict and I would like to get it open or IPv6 traffic. The ONLY Problem I have is - I can't join xbox live Partys without teredo and I would like to have a Solutuion for it IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ? :)

Xx ROZILLA xX, Jul 5, 2016
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    [quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]I think Teredo should be disabled on Router because I also have other devices not only xbox and pc.[/quote]I think you're referring to this: Knowledge Base

Which leads to my second comment; Is it in fact that your router/firewall is actually blocking port 3544 (from > to)? This would actually results in the absence of a Teredo address assignment, and your Xbox One would make a complaint
    that it can't obtain an IP address from a Teredo server. Is this the case?

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]The Problem I have. If I disable Teredo I get NAT strict and I would like to get it open or IPv6 traffic. The ONLY Problem I have is - I can't join xbox live Partys without teredo and I would like to have
    a Solutuion for it IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ? :)[/quote]I haven't seen any information that speaks of the Xbox One as being able to diagnose NAT behaviour and perform NAT hole punching/piercing (Bubble packets), without Teredo servers and relays. The Xbox One, from my understanding,
    highly depends on Teredo for peer-to-peer communication between hosts. For that reason, it
    is not capable to operate seamlessly without the help from Teredo.

My I ask, if you were to allow port 3544 (Teredo), what type of NAT behaviour do you see for your console? What I have in regard for this question is your Internet service, which is much like Teredo, a dual stack mechanism. A potential
    problem with your service (depending how you distribute IP addresses on your local network) would be when IPv4 traffic undergo Network Address Translation after the tunnel has been terminated by the concentrator inside of the provider network.

taidara, Jul 11, 2016
  7. the link was because of the blocked incoming connections. I know that I can disable the teredo Filter and then all works fine and my NAT is open. If I enable the Teredo Filter as suggested from AVM then I can play games like Neverwinter for example but I
    can't join xbox live partys.

If it si possible to have NO Teredo and use Party chat (doesn't it work over Azure Servers? Then it should be no Problem?) and in games I can only find other IPv6 Users that would be fine - I don 't need the IPv4 users to game with. But then I have to know
    if I need to open Ports on the Firewall or not.

When I enable the Teredo Filter my NAT is strict - thats why I also ask for Port Forward IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ? :)

Xx ROZILLA xX, Jul 12, 2016
  8. KindGryphon
    KindGryphon Guest

@Xx ROZILLA xX

NO. Toredo will be required for party chats. If you have toredo being blocked off then UDP port 3544 is closed. This is one of the ports that MUST be open in order for your internet to communicate with the XBL service properly. so unless you allow toredo
    your gonna have issues.

KindGryphon, Jul 12, 2016
  9. KindGryphon
    KindGryphon Guest
    Hence why you have OPEN Nat when you disable the teredo filter but have strict nat when you enable it.

When you disable it your blocking communication on ports that need to be open in order for things like party chat to work

KindGryphon, Jul 12, 2016
  10. taidara
    taidara Guest
    It is mandatory for the Xbox One to be able to communicate with Teredo servers, along with Teredo relays, which sits on the border area between IPv4/IPv6 networks, and specifically for those services that requires transparent and direct communication between
    partaking hosts. So it make very little sense to forward traffic which you've initially has denied.

You cannot pick players based on which version they're using for their routed IP protocol. That is why you're using a dual stack service as your Internet service, so that you can connect to hosts, regardless if they speak IPv4 or IPv6.

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  11. KindGryphon Win User

@Xx ROZILLA xX

NO. Toredo will be required for party chats. If you have toredo being blocked off then UDP port 3544 is closed. This is one of the ports that MUST be open in order for your internet to communicate with the XBL service properly. so unless you allow toredo
    your gonna have issues.
  12. taidara Win User

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]If I disable Teredo (for security reasons)[/quote]wouldn't it be better if you instead disable Teredo on your PC machine?

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]Because my router blocks all incomming traffic on IPv6[/quote]As in unsolicited traffic, and not the traffic that has already been initiated from inside to outside?

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]do I have to forward Ports also on IPv6? (I can setup Firewall rules for IPv6 on this router).[/quote]Do you distribute IPv6 traffic on your LAN as well?

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]The only thing I want to have: Party chat without Teredo. Is it possible?[/quote]Is Xbox One without Teredo even possible? Don't think so.

[quote user="Xx ROZILLA xX"]Also is it possible to also find multiplayer games only p2p gamers who also uses IPv6 (even if it needs longer to find them).[/quote]According to Teredo specs it should be possible.
  13. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

Sorry for the late response:

I think Teredo should be disabled on Router because I also have other devices not only xbox and pc.

For blocking Traffic I'm not sure: here is it written so I'm not sure if I need to Port Forward

en.avm.de/.../845_Setting-up-IPv6-port-forwarding-in-the-FRITZ-Box

I use SLAAC for internal IPv6 no DHCPv6

The Problem I have. If I disable Teredo I get NAT strict and I would like to get it open or IPv6 traffic. The ONLY Problem I have is - I can't join xbox live Partys without teredo and I would like to have a Solutuion for it :)
  14. taidara Win User

It is mandatory for the Xbox One to be able to communicate with Teredo servers, along with Teredo relays, which sits on the border area between IPv4/IPv6 networks, and specifically for those services that requires transparent and direct communication between
    partaking hosts. So it make very little sense to forward traffic which you've initially has denied.

You cannot pick players based on which version they're using for their routed IP protocol. That is why you're using a dual stack service as your Internet service, so that you can connect to hosts, regardless if they speak IPv4 or IPv6.
  15. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

the link was because of the blocked incoming connections. I know that I can disable the teredo Filter and then all works fine and my NAT is open. If I enable the Teredo Filter as suggested from AVM then I can play games like Neverwinter for example but I
    can't join xbox live partys.

If it si possible to have NO Teredo and use Party chat (doesn't it work over Azure Servers? Then it should be no Problem?) and in games I can only find other IPv6 Users that would be fine - I don 't need the IPv4 users to game with. But then I have to know
    if I need to open Ports on the Firewall or not.

When I enable the Teredo Filter my NAT is strict - thats why I also ask for Port Forward :)
Thema:

1. IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ? - Similar Threads - IPv6 Party Chat

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  4. I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...: I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to IPv4? My "Current network status" on my Xbox: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Open All services are available...
  5. Ipv6 on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ipv6 on Xbox One?: What is Ipv6 on Xbox one? Mine says Ipv4 2b9d340f-b182-4f07-ad47-b5e47c67224e
  6. XBOX ONE S: IPv6 Prefix Delegation

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S: IPv6 Prefix Delegation: Xbox Ipv6 not connecting when my Ubiquiti UDM Pro gateway/router is set to PD /56 from starlink (Average Speed 150Mpbs). It used to connect to AT&T with PD /48 (DSL Average 12Mbps). I reduced the...
  7. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  8. xbox series x no ipv6 option

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x no ipv6 option: i have a new tv connected through the same router and it connected by ipv6 automatically 7be3bbb8-3f91-469b-9f9a-d08dfa61f8a6
  9. How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s: how do I turn on the ipv6 setting? e24dacce-ba2c-44e7-a9b5-e929369014d4
  10. How to change to ipv6 on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change to ipv6 on my Xbox?: Need some assistance with my question. e5ad6935-ebe6-4eb5-84ef-3af4579649e3