IPV6 and Xbox live?

Discus and support IPV6 and Xbox live? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since I cannot seem to get any interest in my other thread, I am doing some research about my problems with getting kicked from live and discovered an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DOORSLAMMERS, Mar 1, 2014.

1. DOORSLAMMERS
    DOORSLAMMERS Guest

IPV6 and Xbox live?

Since I cannot seem to get any interest in my other thread, I am doing some research about my problems with getting kicked from live and discovered an issue. I was going to try port forwarding and found I only seem to have a IPV6 address and not a normal
    IPV4 address. I got into my router and cannot disable IPV6. Is this an issue with Live? I have 0 problems with anything internet related other than Xbox Live. My problems started as soon as I moved into my new house with Comcast internet. I have refreshed
    my cache many times, reset my modem, reset settings.

My basic problem is that I randomly get kicked from Live with a message of "Xbox live is not available" It seems to be mostly A) When I am in a party with my friends and B) Within the first 5 seconds of the start of a game. I only play COD and currently
    Ghosts.

:)

DOORSLAMMERS, Mar 1, 2014
  2. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Why am I required to use IPv6 when before it worked with IPv4?

Xbox One can connect to networks using two protocols that allow devices to transmit information: the traditional IPv4 communications protocol, and its newer version, IPv6. For Xbox One to connect to the Internet using IPv6, your home router needs to have
    IPv6 enabled, and your Internet service provider (ISP) must support IPv6.

For more info: IPv6 on Xbox One

M3tal Daz3, Mar 1, 2014
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Ipv4 to Ipv6

Xbox One can connect to networks using two protocols that allow devices to transmit information: the traditional IPv4 communications protocol, and its newer version, IPv6. For Xbox One to connect to the Internet using IPv6, your home router needs to have
    IPv6 enabled, and your Internet service provider (ISP) must support IPv6.

Contact your ISP!

M3tal Daz3, Mar 1, 2014
  4. iamvinj
    iamvinj Guest

IPV6 and Xbox live?

I suggest to check your ports, and make sure your NAT is open and for further assistance For further assistance I suggest to contact your ISP.

You can also use our online suggested steps for your concern.

Cheers!

iamvinj, Mar 1, 2014
  5. SassieKat
    SassieKat Guest
    Currently . We know some of our members are having a tough time signing in to Xbox Live, and we’re on it. We appreciate your patience while we work, and we’ll provide you with another update when we have more information. (last update was 3/1/2014 10:44:00
    PM GMT)

Once this has been resolved and if you are still having issues, you can check out the network troubleshooting page: Support -> Select Xbox 360 or Xbox One -> Networking.

Hope this helps.

SassieKat, Mar 1, 2014
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings Doorslammers!

If you use a wireless solution for your console, then this is a known issue, for Comcast customers that uses DS-lite connectivity. Comcast and Microsoft are aware of this problem...

Please read:
    www.comcast6.net/.../138-xbox-one-service-advisory

taidara, Mar 1, 2014
  7. DOORSLAMMERS
    DOORSLAMMERS Guest
    I am wired, I always have an open NAT.

DOORSLAMMERS, Mar 2, 2014
  8. taidara
    taidara Guest

IPV6 and Xbox live?

Please, post up the make and model of your router and your modem (if this is not a single device).

Also, do you use a combined modem/router (often deployed by ISP) with an additonal router?

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Miss Portia Win User

IPv6 Support

10. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Teredo problem

Teredo isnt actually a program or file. It has to do with tunneling an IPv6 connection on a IPv4 internet connection. You might check with your ISP and see if they offer IPv6 in your area. If they dont xbox live seems to have an issue with tunneling. I
    would recommend going into your router and see if your router is tunneling IPv6 to IPv4 and just disable the IPv6 and just use IPv4. Xbox seems to run great off a true IPv6 connection but doesnt do well if you are tunneling it from the older IPv4.
  11. Da Wife Said No Win User

Only newer IPv6 capable modems work with party chat please fix

A few things just for the info:

1. IPv6 roll out on the user end for uverse is at a hault due to a security issue.

2. Toredo is a IPv6 tunneling service (to be used as a last resort for IPv6 also) and ATT has tunneling services blocked due to the security issue. Toredo service will also start shutting down in stages later this year.

3. Some people will have to get new networking equipment to use native IPv6.

4. IPv6 is not needed to use Xbox live!!!!!! Having full native IPv6 is just personal preference at this point. IPv6 and IPv4 will continue to exist together for years.

5. Transitioning everything over to IPv6 is going to take time. We just have to be patient.
  12. taidara Win User

IPV6 and Xbox live?

Please, post up the make and model of your router and your modem (if this is not a single device).

Also, do you use a combined modem/router (often deployed by ISP) with an additonal router?
  13. taidara Win User

IPV6 and Xbox live?

Greetings Doorslammers!

If you use a wireless solution for your console, then this is a known issue, for Comcast customers that uses DS-lite connectivity. Comcast and Microsoft are aware of this problem...

Please read:
    www.comcast6.net/.../138-xbox-one-service-advisory
Thema:

IPV6 and Xbox live?

1. IPV6 and Xbox live? - Similar Threads - IPV6 live

2. How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I switch my Xbox series s from IPv4 to IPv6?: My Xbox is set to IPv4 but I’m not sure how to switch to IPv6 217ba0e3-ac1f-4487-b486-456a8a78905c
  3. How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change ipv4 to ipv6?: I recently purchased the Xfinity WiFi now pass and can't seem to connect to the network even though I have full signal fb640be0-89eb-47e7-bb46-96d23555790c
  4. I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...: I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to IPv4? My "Current network status" on my Xbox: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Open All services are available...
  5. XBOX LIVE on PC - IPV6 direct or Teredo?

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX LIVE on PC - IPV6 direct or Teredo?: From what I have read, I gather XBOX one can support a direct IPv6 connection to XBL, but it appears that XBOX LIVE on windows can only operate using Teredo tunnelling? I have a working IPV6...
  6. Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting...: Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting from IPv4 Hi GavinBurton Please try clearing your MAC Address and then restart your console Clearing...
  7. Windstream: has anyone found a solution for the ipv6 problem connecting to xbox live

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Windstream: has anyone found a solution for the ipv6 problem connecting to xbox live: Windstream (ISPs): has anyone found a solution for the ipv6 problem connecting to xbox live Hello! Most likely since it works fine after rebooting your router, it's something with the router. If...
  8. Unable to connect to xbox live via ethernet or wifi SOLVED Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to xbox live via ethernet or wifi SOLVED Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6): Dear All, I have had many weeks of problems with my three consoles over the last few weeks.. The main thing that all of you should try is to activate IPv6 on your router. This worked for me...
  9. Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6: Hi, We have a new Xbox One - have several games including 360 Call of Duty Black Ops. We want to play multiplayer or split screen Black Ops together at home. We run into "Can't connect to Xbox...
  10. How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6: says I need to connect to a IPv6 network and I'm connected to a IPv4 and it isn't connecting to Xbox live f950cfe0-f08a-40e9-a74d-ec798cd472ee