iPhone hotspot won’t allow me to use party chat

Discus and support iPhone hotspot won’t allow me to use party chat in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Ive been using my iphone hotspot for years to play xbox and have had litle issues until now. The other day i was playing with no issues until i got off... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by colinerwin1, Oct 24, 2020.

1. colinerwin1
    colinerwin1 Guest

Ive been using my iphone hotspot for years to play xbox and have had litle issues until now. The other day i was playing with no issues until i got off and got back on an hour or 2 later. I tried to start a party and it would kick me from the party almost
    instantly saying the party encountered an error. I tried using my brothers hotspot on his samsung and it worked fine. His parties also wouldnt work on his xbox while connected to my hotspot. Everything else works fine i can play games normally its just my
    party chat. Anyone know why this might be happening?

:)

colinerwin1, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Tomesso Win User

Hey there,

Thank you for your reply but none of the solutions mentioned above worked for me. It’s a really frustrating problem and I’m out of ideas how to solve it.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Tomesso, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try this on your console:

Press the Xbox button on your controller.

Go to Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Network Settings.

Select DNS Settings.

Select Manual and enter the following: Primary 8.8.8.8. Secondary 8.8.4.4.

Also, this:

Press the Xbox button.

Move right to the System Tab.

Scroll down and select Settings.

Scroll down to Network.

Select Network Settings.

Scroll down and select Advanced Settings.

Scroll down and select Alternate MAC Address.

Select the Clear button, then restart your console.

If that doesn't work, please, try this as well one more time:

First, clean the cache of your console that way:

1. With the console turned on, hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear a small sound.

2. Wait 10 seconds.

3. Turn it back on.

Note: It may take a while for it to turn on, don't worry, it's normal.

Then, restore your console keeping the games and apps:

***IMPORTANT*** If you share accounts with someone, you will have to redo the process of placing the account as the main one again, be aware of the chances you still have to do this, as Microsoft makes available per year, only 5 chances so you can make some account your console's main account. Make Sure to know all passwords and email addresses of your accounts, you will need to log then back in. :)

1. Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console Information >

3. Select Reset console > Restore and keep my games and apps.

4. When asked to pull settings from an old Xbox, choose no, thanks

5. You will have to log in to your accounts again, and when you sign in with your account, make sure you turn it has your home console also, that's it.

NOTE: Rest assured, you won't lose games or saves
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

That's odd. I've just tested using my iPhone and my Series X and it worked perfectly.

Go to your iPhone > Settings > Personal Hotspot > check if the Maximize Compatibility is turned on

In my case it's not, but try to turn it on if yours are turned off and test it that way.
  5. Tomesso Win User

Yes exactly. And using the same SIM card works fine with android phone sharing data. Party chat also works fine using normal cable Wi-Fi internet, but the connection is really weak where I live at the moment and that’s why I have to use my phone as a hotspot.

And like as I said, if the game have in game voice chat built in, that works too via iPhone hotspot.
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really? That's odd. Only when hot spotting from your iphone it happens this? When you try any other network, works fine?
Thema:

1. iPhone hotspot won’t allow me to use party chat - Similar Threads - iPhone hotspot won’t

2. I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?

in XBoX on Windows
    I deleted Minecraft off my IPhone, how do I restore my old worlds?: Hi! So I stupidly decided to delete Minecraft on my IPhone because I thought it would help out with a glitch, without realizing that it would delete my worlds (I am fairly new to the game). If...
  3. My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days: it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not to load the page it redirects me to Also it...
  4. Xbox App - Microsoft Rewards Daily/weekly task on iPhone

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App - Microsoft Rewards Daily/weekly task on iPhone: Having problems finding my daily/weekly Microsoft Rewards task in the Xbox app on my mobile since they moved it from Game pass app to the Xbox app. I know it shows in the Game pass where to be...
  5. I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 13ms ping on wireless iPhone but 198ms on Xbox, I have bought new tv and moved...: Tried changing dns servers, cloudflare and Google. Cat 6 Hard wired cable. OLED lg tv. Brand new a3307967-4de9-49fb-97df-3dcafc96f1f0
  6. How to download technocare APK for iPhone and android?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download technocare APK for iPhone and android?: After spending sometime doing research, the short answer is; APK files only run on Android devices, they will not work on an iPhone/iOS. Which means Alight Motion MOD APK can't be installed on an...
  7. How do I put a image to use for my Xbox background on Xbox using an iPhone?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I put a image to use for my Xbox background on Xbox using an iPhone?: I wanted to have a costum image as background for my xbox one but since xbox doesn't support downloads anymore i don't know how to do this 93da6b2c-2206-4da4-999b-b7c0624c18fc
  8. How to fix iPhone remote control on Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix iPhone remote control on Xbox One?: I have been able to control my Xbox with my iPhone in the past but the Xbox “lost” my console. I tried readding it by following the steps and as far as my console is concerned it is enabled for...
  9. Unable to connect my Xbox one to Wi-Fi or iPhone hotspot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect my Xbox one to Wi-Fi or iPhone hotspot.: My Xbox was connected to my wifi until I restarted it. It now can’t connect to any wireless network e81c737e-f325-43fb-87fd-3d9fc92a50a4
  10. Can’t connect my iPhone mobile hotspot to Xbox One Console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t connect my iPhone mobile hotspot to Xbox One Console.: It seems that if I connect my hotspot to my Xbox, the next time I come to use my Xbox…it won’t connect. I have tried to reset MAC address, I’ve reset my hotspot, I’ve restarted the whole console....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox party chat hotspot

2. xbox party chst on hotspot