Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this?

Discus and support Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried setting up remote play on my Ipad Air to stream from my Xbox Series X but all it shows is a black screen even though I'm using the same Wifi as... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Izzyk000, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Izzyk000
    Izzyk000 Guest

I tried setting up remote play on my Ipad Air to stream from my Xbox Series X but all it shows is a black screen even though I'm using the same Wifi as my Xbox. I've updated the Ipad and Xbox app to the latest version. How do I fix it? I tried remote play on my iphone and it works fine.

:)

Izzyk000, Dec 13, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

It could be due to the iPad's connection, go to the iPad's Settings > WiFi. Tap the 'i' icon on your WiFi network. Disable 'Private Wi-Fi Address'. Try running Remote Play again.

If the issue persists, scroll down to Configure DNS. Change it to manual. Then add 2 new servers: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1. Try Remote play again.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Thanks for confirming, is your Xbox on the latest update?

Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Profile & system> Settings > System > Updates.

If you see 'Console update available.', select it to begin the update. Otherwise, your system is already up to date.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. Izzyk000 Win User

It's iPadOS version 17.2, the latest version if I'm not mistaken.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

I see, which version of iOS is your iPad running? To check, go to Settings > General > About > iOS Version.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Izzyk000. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps such as reinstalling the Xbox app on your iPad or restarting your router?

Thanks,
    Kyle
Thema:

1. Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this? - Similar Threads - Ipad showing black

2. Microsoft Solitaire Collection won’t sign in on iPad

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Solitaire Collection won’t sign in on iPad: So, I am having problems after opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection on my iPad. It says Signing in on the top right and it won’t let me sign in. I closed and restarted the app, signing out and...
  3. Connecting Series X controller to iPad

in XboX Insiders
    Connecting Series X controller to iPad: I've used my controller with my iPad before, but now i cant get it to connect. I'ts showing up in bluetooth, i tap it, it tries to connect, then it fails. Rinse and repeat over and over. Any...
  4. Child Account- Friends- Ipad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Child Account- Friends- Ipad: I have opened now about 15 different pages, downloaded apps and still cannot find any button that allows my child to add friends to their iPad. I’ve tried PC, from my phone and from her iPad and...
  5. Is it possible to use Xbox Game pass ultimate for PC on Ipad or Mac?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to use Xbox Game pass ultimate for PC on Ipad or Mac?: I would like to play with Age of Empires or Crusader Kings, but the console versions are different from the console ones. And I would also prefer using a mouse. submitted by /u/MajkoTrey21...
  6. How to add friends On Minecraft On my iPad.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friends On Minecraft On my iPad.: How to add Friends On minecraft With m u iPad d8b9613e-5d47-4cef-8959-5fb8d98e290f
  7. How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud...: How do I share game pass with family member that has ipad and want to play minecraft cloud gaming? db198d53-192c-462d-848c-d90ad08927d2
  8. Minecraft game content are different on iPad vs iPhone .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft game content are different on iPad vs iPhone .: How do I see same content for Minecraft on iPad and iPhone . I see all my previous worlds on iPhone but not on iPad . Please advise . 770f3b9f-1689-48d8-ad40-e65c5cd784cd
  9. How do I connect iPad and switch friends Minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I connect iPad and switch friends Minecraft?: Cannot permanently connect as friends where they show up in friends list. Have also tried to create world with invite link and keep getting “unable to join” error message (tried creating various...
  10. Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to purchase Realms Plus subscription on IPad: I have been trying for days to purchase a Realms Plys subscription, but keep getting the same message: “Sorry, we were unable to complete your realm purchase. Maybe check your internet...