Invert X Axis in Xbox one controller settings

Discus and support Invert X Axis in Xbox one controller settings in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, For a lot of games there is an options to invert only Y axis. Currently this is the case in settings for the Xbox one controller settings. Are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cgJamie, Dec 3, 2015.

1. cgJamie
    cgJamie Guest

Hi,

For a lot of games there is an options to invert only Y axis. Currently this is the case in settings for the Xbox one controller settings. Are there plans to be able to invert the X axis in the Xbox one controller settings?

I play with both X axis and Y axis inverted. For instance in Far Cry 4 there is an option to invert only the Y axis. I was disappointed to find out that I couldn't invert the X axis in the Xbox one controller settings.

My question again, Are there plans to be able to invert the X axis in the Xbox one controller settings?

Thank you

Jamie

:)

cgJamie, Dec 3, 2015
  2. Triclonz
    Triclonz Guest
    Please add an option to invert the X axis on the Xbox One controller.

Why aren't we able to invert the X axis on the Xbox One controller? We can invert the Y axis, but not the X axis. If this was added in a update patch, that would be awesome.

Triclonz, Dec 3, 2015
  3. cgJamie
    cgJamie Guest
    Xbox one S controler "X" axis

I've been asking this same question for the past 3 years! I have NO idea why this is NOT an option in the setting menu on XBox accessories menu. I also play inverted. I KNOW I'm in the minority. There are only a few games that have this options in the actual
    settings. Gears of War 4 and Sunset Overdrive are two that come to mind. I thought, hey I just splurge and get an elite controller. NOPE you can not invert the X axis on the Xbox elite controller. So I'm limited to few games that I'll play because of this.

There is mixed reality, elite controllers, the XBox one X and S. So why can't there be an option to invert the X axis? Please Xbox devs put an option in the settings to simply invert the X axis.

Thank you

cgJamie, Dec 3, 2015
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hi cgJamie,

If you download the Xbox Accessories app you are able to customise controller inputs (button re-mapping), and while these options are more detailed for the Elite controller, there are some settings for regular controllers and you may be able to invert the
    axis for the controller - and if so this will carry across all games (it may also affect the navigation of the dashboard).

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Dec 3, 2015
  5. cgJamie
    cgJamie Guest
    Thank you for your quick reply. I'll download the accessories app tonight. I do have an app already that allows my to change the Y-axis just not the X-axis.

Jamie

cgJamie, Dec 3, 2015
  6. cgJamie
    cgJamie Guest
    Maybe the app I have already is the accessories app?!?!

Jamie

cgJamie, Dec 3, 2015
  7. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    The Xbox Accessories app is included with the new dashboard you only had to download it prior to the new dashboard.

gds1972, Dec 3, 2015
  8. cgJamie
    cgJamie Guest

Well then yes, I already have it. The only option there is to invert the Y-axis. I'm not sure why this is the only option. I generally play all my games inverted and the invert X-axis option is NOT there for all games.

It would be nice if Microsoft can add this option to the accessories app.

Jamie

cgJamie, Dec 3, 2015
  9. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Okay, if this feature is not currently present, you may want to make the suggestion (or upvote a similar suggestion already there) on the Xbox Feedback site:

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

The devs read that site and use it to establish what players actually want to see implemented, so posting there is a good way to get the idea seen.

maxen, Oct 31, 2018
  10. cgJamie Win User

Xbox one S controler "X" axis

I've been asking this same question for the past 3 years! I have NO idea why this is NOT an option in the setting menu on XBox accessories menu. I also play inverted. I KNOW I'm in the minority. There are only a few games that have this options in the actual
    settings. Gears of War 4 and Sunset Overdrive are two that come to mind. I thought, hey I just splurge and get an elite controller. NOPE you can not invert the X axis on the Xbox elite controller. So I'm limited to few games that I'll play because of this.

There is mixed reality, elite controllers, the XBox one X and S. So why can't there be an option to invert the X axis? Please Xbox devs put an option in the settings to simply invert the X axis.

Thank you

11. XBF Brad A Win User

Right Stick inversion

Hello Cozier,

Thanks for coming to the forums. With the
    accessories app
    on PC or Xbox console, you can configure the controller in many ways. Also, some games have an invert control option. They are usually Invert Y axis, or invert X axis.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  12. Altage Win User

Invert X axis on xbox one x

Usually, the x axis isnt inverted. The Y axis has an invert option for FPS games, or other games that you may invert the Y axis.
  13. Tomm_A Win User

How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

Hello Aptom,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your query is related to inverting the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" from the guide.

3. Select "Settings" from the Profile & system menu.

4. Select "Ease of Access" from the Settings menu.

5. Select "Controller" from the Ease of Access menu.

6. Select "Button mapping" from the Controller menu.

7. Select "Invert right stick X axis" from the Button mapping menu.

8. Toggle the switch to "On" to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick.

If the steps do not work, try the step below:

To invert the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X, you need to use the Xbox Accessories app. This app allows you to customize your controller settings, such as swapping sticks, triggers, buttons, and inverting axes.

Here are the steps to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick:

• Launch the Xbox Accessories app from your Xbox Series X dashboard or download it from the Microsoft Store if you don’t have it already.
    • Select the controller that you want to customize and press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Configure and then choose a slot to save your custom profile.
    • Select the right stick and press the A button on your controller.
    • Select Invert X-axis and press the A button again to confirm.
    • Press the B button to go back to the previous screen and then select Save to apply your changes.
    You can also rename your custom profile and assign it to a specific game if you want. Your custom profile will be applied to all games that you play with that controller, unless you switch to another profile or the default one.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

14. K037 Win User

My wife and I would love to play games together however, since she is is double inverted (X and Y axis) she is very limited to what she can play. In the xbox settings we can invert the Y axis, so why isn't their an option to invert the X axis. I know my
    wife isn't the only person out there who would love this setting.
    I have this same problem as well. Id love a patch. Please MS!!!! :)
Thema:

1. Invert X Axis in Xbox one controller settings - Similar Threads - Invert Axis controller

2. Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app

in XboX Insiders
    Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app: Xbox Accessories>Configure>Edit>Mapping>Right Stick>Primary>"Invert X-Axis" does not exist! (Invert Y-axis) is a setting that exists, exactly, in the same menu. However, having an X-axis...
  3. Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.: Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows. I tried doing this using the xbox accessories app but after ticking invert right stick there is no button to save the profile....
  4. How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?: On the Xbox Series X from the Accessibility section of the Settings menu how do I invert the X axis of the Right Analogue Stick. e0ff03c1-70bf-4fed-9419-5546493afcbd
  5. How can I invert my video?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I invert my video?: The video is now inverted and I couldn't revert it back to the original settings. Need help... a62b2e9e-a684-477a-a27d-2ad6588a97d7
  6. Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?: When I record screen capture videos on age of empire 4 it only saves in strange colours ie negative colour scheme. It does not do this on other games. I have had a look at the settings but...
  7. Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series: Hi there, My girlfriend is certainly one of the few percentages of humanity for whom the x and y axes have to be inverted in many games (e.g. working with point-of-view angles). She regularly...
  8. Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...: This is a screenshot of the Xbox Accessories app. As you can see I am on the stick tab. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis. Why can I invert them on a normal Xbox controller but not...
  9. Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC: Would it be possible to add the option, in the Xbox Accessories App on PC, to invert the x-axis of the left stick of the xbox one controller (or any supported controller)? I can't imagine that it...
  10. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2: You can invert them on a normal controller but not on the Elite Series 2. I looked through the Xbox Accessories App but there is no option for it with the Elite....