Invalid format message

Discus and support Invalid format message in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has changed the resolution yesterday (don't ask me why!) and now see just a black screen and message Invalid format when turning on the xbox.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Madelaine Donnelly, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Invalid format message

My son has changed the resolution yesterday (don't ask me why!) and now see just a black screen and message Invalid format when turning on the xbox. Any idea how we fix this?

Cant go to settings and change - as we cant see anything on the screen.

We can’t do a reset as don’t have an eject button, we have tried all resets that have been suggested. We can hear the Xbox is working.

:)

Madelaine Donnelly, Jan 10, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Invalid format message

It happens again, follow this guide

[​IMG]
  3. Madelaine Donnelly Win User

Invalid format message

So while I was writing this he has managed to blindly go into the settings and change it back, he’s 12 and I am in awe of him to remember how to do that :)

Not sure how to close this thread but we are all good now.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

xbox one - invalid format message

Hey there!

Sorry to hear you have been running into this issue with the consoles display. Have you been able to go through the Low Resolution start up on the console? To complete this just go ahead and follow the steps provided below.

Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 × 480).

Please let us know if this has helped. Thank you!
  5. GreenJester8559 Win User

resolution on tv or on xbox??
  6. AvonnaBennett Win User

he is 9 - said he changed the resolution on the xbox.

I have no idea about the xbox.

Have tried changing the resolution on tv - no joy.
Thema:

Invalid format message

1. Invalid format message - Similar Threads - Invalid format message

2. I am receiving an error when I turn on the XBox stating “invalid format “

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am receiving an error when I turn on the XBox stating “invalid format “: When I turn on my XBox . It doesn’t connect to the tv and gives an error message of “INVALID FORMAT “ 7e5141c8-8e64-420c-842e-2135b617330a
  3. Xbox s digital invalid format

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox s digital invalid format: My Xbox s won’t show on the screen and it’s saying invalid format what should I do a511d6ac-bfd9-4f6a-b99c-cd9292078d93
  4. I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format”

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with my Xbox series x. “Invalid format”: My Xbox series x is formatted to run at 120hz but I don’t have an hdmi 2.1 cable and the tv in my hotel isn’t 120hz. Is there a way to reset it to get it to work to be able to get a visual on...
  5. LG C1 invalid format

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG C1 invalid format: Hello, I am wondering when a fix for the invalid format issue between the Xbox series and LG oled series TVs will be addressed? It has been over a year since the error has been reported and it's...
  6. Xbox Series X causes Invalid Format on LG C1 when using 4K120Hz

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X causes Invalid Format on LG C1 when using 4K120Hz: When watching Streaming Services (and sometimes while idling on the Dashboard) the screen will go black and and Invalid Format logo will appear. Switching Input, Going Home or opening a different...
  7. Invalid format on LG TV, then Xbox Series X goes to 640x480 resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invalid format on LG TV, then Xbox Series X goes to 640x480 resolution: I constantly receive an invalid format message on my LG C1 TV with Xbox Series X connected. Troubleshooting I have tried: - Updated firmware on TV and Xbox - Factory reset xbox (seemed to fix it...
  8. Invalid Format issue on LG CX during gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Invalid Format issue on LG CX during gameplay: Anyone else randomly get this error when playing a game on the LG CX? Anyone else report it? From reading some articles it seems to be an issue quite a few others have. Turning off instant game...
  9. "Invalid Format"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Invalid Format": I was setting my display settings on my Xbox Series S when my screen turn solid black and displayed "invalid format on the center of my tv screen. I've tried everything but can't fix it. Hard...
  10. : Xbox series S invalid format

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : Xbox series S invalid format: : Xbox series S invalid format The instructions apply to Xbox One and Series X|S If there's a disc in the console, eject it. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to...