Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?

Discus and support Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have 2 PC's. Using worse one - streaming with no issues on discord and twitch. Using new one - The moment I start stream internet speed slows down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Krzysztof B. Question, Apr 4, 2024.

1. Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?

I have 2 PC's. Using worse one - streaming with no issues on discord and twitch. Using new one - The moment I start stream internet speed slows down and I cant do anything on internet untill I shut down stream and stream quality is terrible. My Internet speed is 1000/300 Mbps using cable. This better computer is Lenovo legion 7 pro. Any ideas what can be wrong?

:)

Krzysztof B. Question, Apr 4, 2024
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Krzysztof. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

It sounds like your PC or network may be suffering from bufferbloat. To help diagnose this issue, run the bufferbloat test on your new PC and send a screenshot of the results: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. FreakRoach Win User

Movies and TV in movies and tv app keep freezing

Looks like your internet is playing up? Are you using WiFi. It may be that it is dropping in between. Whats the speed you getting? As you are streaming a slow network can cause such issues.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Download Speed Issue

Hello

How many devices are using the same internet simultaneously? People confuse fast internet with strong all the time. If you have multiple devices streaming, downloading and uploading while you're also trying to download stuff, that will affect your speed.
    Downloading games from GamePass can also show slower speeds sometimes due to the amount of people accessing the same servers at once.
  5. choppyseize Win User

What is with Microsoft xbox streaming settings they are ridiculous?

Theres many factors that could be playing a part here. Your internet speeds. If you're wired or wireless. How many other people in your home are using the same internet while you stream. What devices you are using to stream on. You may not have the ideal
    set up for streaming. It sounds like it's more internet related then anything else.
  6. pamplemousse652 Win User

Wwe network

I have the same problem apperantly it is all down to your internet speed go on a speed test just type speed test into Google and a few come up your internet needs to be gaining at least 1.8 Mbps to be able to stream if it is under this you will be unable
    to use it. Only way you can fix it is by contacting your broadband provider
Thema:

1. Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Internet speed drops

2. Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.: I have 1GB hardwired internet to my Xbox and my DL speeds will not go over 10mbps. It starts at like 275 then drops to 6 and stays there. I’ve done everything I can think of and everything that...
  3. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  4. Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?: I have 1g internet, so I should be getting at least half of that, but for some reason my Series S only gets about 30mbps and 80mbps on a good day. Every other device I have gets 250mbps to...
  5. Xbox Series X Internet Speed Cap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Internet Speed Cap: I had an internet of 100mb/s and when I tested on Xbox settings it always reach 100mb/s download. Now I upgraded my internet to 1000mb/s, but my xbox for some reason only reach a max. of 200mb/s,...
  6. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...
  7. Internet Slow Speed Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet Slow Speed Issue: Hello, whenever I start to play game on XBOX game pass in my pc my internet speed getting lower from 200mb to 10mb. When I close the game issue getting solved. Is it due to the xbox servers, idk?...
  8. Slow Internet speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Internet speed: Hello! I am having a peculiar problem with internet speeds. Whenever I download files like 50mb+ the speed is like 20 kbps to 60 kbps but in torrent download I get 10+ Mbps and when a game uses...
  9. When i do an internet speed test is get 600 Mbps but when downloading and no game open i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i do an internet speed test is get 600 Mbps but when downloading and no game open i...: So it worked perfectly fine i had good speeds then suddenly it just dropped, i've tried restarting and replugging but nothing helps. Does somebody know how to fix this?...
  10. Internet speed drop when x1 is on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet speed drop when x1 is on: Hi, my internet is about 5.5 Mbps, but when I switch the Xbox one on, it drops to a useless 0.5 Mbps. I am not very technically minded and have no idea what to to! Any friendlies out there who can...