Internet speed drop when x1 is on

Discus and support Internet speed drop when x1 is on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my internet is about 5.5 Mbps, but when I switch the Xbox one on, it drops to a useless 0.5 Mbps. I am not very technically minded and have no idea... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rja ravenheart, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Internet speed drop when x1 is on

Hi, my internet is about 5.5 Mbps, but when I switch the Xbox one on, it drops to a useless 0.5 Mbps. I am not very technically minded and have no idea what to to! Any friendlies out there who can help?

:)

rja ravenheart, Aug 26, 2015
  2. loss of xbox live connection

There is a possibility that it is related to your internet service provider. Xbox live requires your internet be over a certain speed to be able to achieve certain speeds of packet sending. When the speed drops it can cause you to lose connection randomly.
    When this happens record the time and date and give your internet provider a call and see if there was any unusual drop in internet speed around that time frame.

Zeza Reignhalt, Aug 26, 2015
  3. aircobra
    aircobra Guest
    Installing games to Xbox one. Please help?!

It's definitely your internet. When the X1 first launch, I didn't have good internet speeds and it took forever to install games, I thought it was a problem with my Xbox. Then I changed internet providers and there is a huge difference.

aircobra, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

How are you testing your download speed? Also,who is your isp?

Daft Badger, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Daft Badger Win User

How are you testing your download speed? Also,who is your isp?
  6. Zeza Reignhalt Win User

loss of xbox live connection

There is a possibility that it is related to your internet service provider. Xbox live requires your internet be over a certain speed to be able to achieve certain speeds of packet sending. When the speed drops it can cause you to lose connection randomly.
    When this happens record the time and date and give your internet provider a call and see if there was any unusual drop in internet speed around that time frame.
  7. Big Red Husker Win User

X1 and internet speed

eww the day google fiber comes to my village of 20 people i will be so happy :) . HEY i can dream can't I
  8. Knight0fs Win User

X1 and internet speed

I remember using skype for team pking in mmo's, and it would be choppy and delayed sometimes. Hopefully they can fix this to work with weaker connections.

Do you think they'll keep the normal chat system? I don't need to see people while I game in teams.
  9. XB92AI Win User

X1 and internet speed

I've been with 3 different ISP's and the highest I can get here is about 1.75 MB download and 0.40 MB upload. Very concerned with this too. Practically the entire UK is terrible for broadband.
Thema:

1. Internet speed drop when x1 is on - Similar Threads - Internet speed drop

2. Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox DL speed trash (6-10mbps) with hardwired gig internet.: I have 1GB hardwired internet to my Xbox and my DL speeds will not go over 10mbps. It starts at like 275 then drops to 6 and stays there. I’ve done everything I can think of and everything that...
  3. Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet speed drops while streaming game. How can I fix it?: I have 2 PC's. Using worse one - streaming with no issues on discord and twitch. Using new one - The moment I start stream internet speed slows down and I cant do anything on internet untill I...
  4. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  5. Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?: I have 1g internet, so I should be getting at least half of that, but for some reason my Series S only gets about 30mbps and 80mbps on a good day. Every other device I have gets 250mbps to...
  6. Xbox Series X Internet Speed Cap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Internet Speed Cap: I had an internet of 100mb/s and when I tested on Xbox settings it always reach 100mb/s download. Now I upgraded my internet to 1000mb/s, but my xbox for some reason only reach a max. of 200mb/s,...
  7. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...
  8. Internet Slow Speed Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet Slow Speed Issue: Hello, whenever I start to play game on XBOX game pass in my pc my internet speed getting lower from 200mb to 10mb. When I close the game issue getting solved. Is it due to the xbox servers, idk?...
  9. Slow Internet speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Internet speed: Hello! I am having a peculiar problem with internet speeds. Whenever I download files like 50mb+ the speed is like 20 kbps to 60 kbps but in torrent download I get 10+ Mbps and when a game uses...
  10. When i do an internet speed test is get 600 Mbps but when downloading and no game open i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i do an internet speed test is get 600 Mbps but when downloading and no game open i...: So it worked perfectly fine i had good speeds then suddenly it just dropped, i've tried restarting and replugging but nothing helps. Does somebody know how to fix this?...