Internet is fast but download is too slow

Discus and support Internet is fast but download is too slow in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a series s . My download speed my isp shows is 400 mbps but while i dowload games in my xbox device it download games below 100 mbps sometimes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Raj Rules, Jun 6, 2024.

1. Raj Rules
    Raj Rules Guest

I have a series s . My download speed my isp shows is 400 mbps but while i dowload games in my xbox device it download games below 100 mbps sometimes its stuck in installing and nothing happens after that . Tried every methods .. Frustated .

:)

Raj Rules, Jun 6, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Raj.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I inform you that here in the community, we are all users and do not have access to your data and account. We can only offer you advice based on our knowledge and experience.

Of course, I can’t verify your situation, but based on my experience, I can tell you that what you’re describing isn’t all that unusual.
    Firstly, there’s a difference between the speed of your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and the speed you have on your console. Additionally, download speeds also depend on the game servers and the current download traffic.

I recommend trying a full console restart, just to be safe.

To do this.

Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for at least 10 seconds.
    Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Then It can be always useful to restart your modem to see if the situation improve.

I hope I've been helpful.

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. MisterFizzle Win User

Fast Internet slow download

Hi there Justin,

Sorry to hear you're having slow game downloads.

The way that Xbox Live access the internet and marketplace servers is different than how other devices access it. I know that in general downloads via Live tend to be much slower than your actual internet connection. The download speeds you're seeing are typical
    and about the same as what I experience when downloading games at home.

I'm hoping that this is something that will improve with the Xbox One so that I can get quick access to Games on Demand!
  4. Justinwiu75 Win User

I have been using speed test for years ping 18 up load 2 mbs and 15 mbs average everything works great except my downloads from xbox live. Netflix fine downloads horrible
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Just because you pay for a specific package through your ISP doesnt mean you get that package. Also be advised that there are also other factors that should be included when factoring in how long it takes to download a game. Go to
    http://www.speedtest.net/ and post your results here.
  6. FabioHVSilva Win User

Fast internet, slow download speed

Hi,

Don't forget there is lot of people at home. So i think in the few weeks and months we will have problems with internet speed our even the Xbox Live. Don't forget millions of people are at home.
Thema:

1. Internet is fast but download is too slow - Similar Threads - Internet fast download

2. Xbox X freezing for 1-2 seconds while gaming online with fast internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X freezing for 1-2 seconds while gaming online with fast internet: I have a download speed of 230.33Mbps, upload speed of 48Mbps, 0% packet loss, 35ms latency. 100% wireless strength. And yet when attempting to play online games such as call of duty, the...
  3. Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online: For about a month now my internet on my xbox is very slow ! 40mbps at maximum speed with a latency of 100ms when checked with the speedtest in the network settings… When I open internet explorer...
  4. Why is multiplayer for me slow but I have fast internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is multiplayer for me slow but I have fast internet: I’ve been having issues that just only started a week ago where my internet is perfectly fine on my laptop phone and everything else but on my Xbox it’s slow but only for multiplayer I tried...
  5. XCloud breaks up despite fast internet on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud breaks up despite fast internet on Series S: I'm in Japan with an Xbox Series S. My internet tested by the Xbox is 900Mbps down, 200+Mbps up, 4ms latency, NAT open. No packet loss. However when I play non-demanding games via cloud like...
  6. Can my internet connection be too fast when trying to run Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my internet connection be too fast when trying to run Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X: I have a Series X and run a hard wired connection to it. I get on average 500 Mbps download, 11.6 Mbps Upload, 0% packet loss, MTU 1480, Latency 50 ms. Mind you this is hard wired connection. When...
  7. xbox game pass app too laggy and pixelated to play on insanely fast internet

in XBoX on Mobile
    xbox game pass app too laggy and pixelated to play on insanely fast internet: i have the xbox game pass cloud streaming app on my samsung note 10 connected to a 5ghz 300mbs up/down fibre optic network, speedtests are showing my connection is stable and reaching those...
  8. Xbox one downloading slow despite fast internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one downloading slow despite fast internet: I have a wired gigabit internet connection. When I run “test network speed & statistics,” I generally get around 750-800mbps. However, when I update or download a game I’m lucky to see 10mbps....
  9. Fast internet, slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fast internet, slow download speed: Im confused about my download speed. I ran a network test and i gave a 300+ mb/s download speed. And i usually get between 100-200 when i download games or updates. Today im updating a game and im...
  10. Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please?: So I been having issues downloading these last few days. My xbox one will show a speed test of 150mbps down, 20mbps up, 0 packet loss, 80 latency, and any open (sometimes moderate) NAT. But...