Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 won't load anything past the Bing Search

Discus and support Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 won't load anything past the Bing Search in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for a couple of hours to get my XBox 360 to load some apps but keep running into dead-ends. The main issue is that when I open... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Apollocliptic, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 won't load anything past the Bing Search

I have been trying for a couple of hours to get my XBox 360 to load some apps but keep running into dead-ends.

The main issue is that when I open Internet Explorer on the Xbox 360, it loads the search engine. I can search various things, get different results from video, images and general.

However, I cannot click on any of these links. No matter which link I click on, page I try to open, I get the same error:

"Can't connect to the website"

"The website is down, or we can't connect to the Internet. Here are some things you can try:"

None of the suggestions worked, but they were:

- make sure the web address is correct (none of the links worked, tried obvious ones like Facebook, and random ones like www.creativegeniusgames.co.uk) I know for a fact this is not the issue.

- Refresh the page in a few minutes: Again, none of the sites worked, no matter how long I waited, it's been a couple of hours of various tries, so this isn't it

- Check that all network cables are plugged in: Well I downloaded the app and performed searches fine, I just can't navigate past Bing. And the Youtube app worked and even played some videos, I also created a new account, registered it and logged in to
    it, so I am definitely connected to the network ok.

- Make sure you are connected to your wireless network: same as above.

- Restart your router: Ok, I haven't tried this because it would cause problems across the other devices and things I have running, and I doubt it'll solve the problem.

In addition to turning it off and on again, signing in and out, making sure the network was connected and running network tests, I also typed in website URLs directly and tried website that I knew should work (like YouTube, as the YouTube app worked fine).

I have been searching online for ages now and can't find any reference to this exact problem, closest I found was "some pages don't load" with no solutions available, so I decided to post my own question.

Just to help give some context, I originally wanted to try streaming from my Xbox 360, wasn't sure if it was possible but a bunch of search results said that it was, however, none of the instructions actually worked.

- When I browse the apps only 40 results come up and TwitchTV is not one of them (despite others showing that it came up)

- When I do a search, nothing Twitch related comes up, making me think that the search was limited/restricted for some reason, as not even a website or something came up

- I tried YouTube too, but you can only watch, there's no controls to access the streaming tools

- I tried going to the TwitchTV Website directly, but that's when I realised that the browser wasn't working.

- I tried numerous other websites to confirm that it was the browser and not Twitch. Until I get the Browser working properly, I'm not sure if I can solve any of the other issues I faced.

- I think the "smart glass filter" automatically turned on as a message came up but was gone before I could read all of it (perhaps I double clicked a/return), but I can't see any settings for it, or anyway to turn it off, it shouldn't block all websites,
    but it might be related.

If anyone can suggestion something that might help me get the browser working properly again, and perhaps advice regarding streaming from Xbox 360 that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Apollocliptic, Sep 20, 2020
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Internet Explorer on Xbox 360 won't load anything past the Bing Search

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 360 cant connect to website

2. how to use internet explorer on xbox 360

3. problem z bing na xbox 360

4. xbox 360 browser problem,
  5. Xbox 360 cannot access websites,
  6. internt explorer wont load on xbox 360,
  7. why cant i open web pages and it says to connect to the internet on xbox 360,
  8. internet explorer xbox 360 not working,
  9. xbox 360 bing wont connect to website,
  10. xbox internet only works on bing,
  11. xbox 360 browser websites not workingg