Internet / Ethernet issue

Discus and support Internet / Ethernet issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox wasn't letting me connect to my school's wifi for a while because of the authentication verification. I finally got it to work through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dr.Raccoon, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Dr.Raccoon
    Dr.Raccoon Guest

My xbox wasn't letting me connect to my school's wifi for a while because of the authentication verification. I finally got it to work through alternate MAC address but then every time I would try to launch an online game it wouldn't let me get in and would send me back to the Home Screen saying "check your connection" and I had been disconnected again. So then I bought an ethernet cable and it worked fine for two days and now it is giving me the same problem again.

:)

Dr.Raccoon, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi Dr.Raccoon. My name is Jose.

In particular, for the problem of being disconnected from the school network after two days, it is possible that the school network is blocking your access to online games after a certain period of time. This is done to prevent students from using the school network to play online games for hours on end.

If this is the case, you may be able to fix the problem by contacting your school's network administrator to see if there are any settings you can change to allow access to online games continuously.

If my answer was wrong about your problem, write to me again to reform my answer.
  3. Scarykarl Win User

Xbox One Start-Up Problem

No issues with internet connection on other devices. Connected via ethernet to fibre broadband.
  4. Freedom861 Win User

Black home page screen

I have the same issue but only while the Xbox is connected to the Internet. Pulled the Ethernet and it still works.
  5. Putin Neska Win User

Upload Speed

Definitely your internet provider is the issue. Ethernet should be getting you the fastest speed out of your wifi.
  6. Biggshow Win User

Xbox One X keeps disconnecting from internet over Ethernet in “instant on” mode

I found it is something to do with the router. I have two internet connections at my house. If I used one with Ethernet cable I will disconnect midgame and cannot reconnect. If I use the wifi, no problems. Yet the other internet connection has no issues
    at all. Never have any issues with the Ethernet cable connections. I would check your router.
Thema:

1. Internet / Ethernet issue - Similar Threads - Internet Ethernet issue

2. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  3. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  4. Xbox 360 connects to Ethernet but not Xbox live/internet???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connects to Ethernet but not Xbox live/internet???: I have an Ethernet connected to my Xbox 360 (which hasn’t been set up in 3 years) we use this Ethernet cord for other consoles so we know it works but when I test the connection it says: Network:...
  5. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet: My series X is disconnecting from the internet, it isn’t a router or internet as I’m getting signal to my laptop and other devices. Only solution is unplugging the internet from the back of the...
  6. Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a Wifi extender with an ethernet cord hooked up from it to my xbox improve my internet?: I run ≈60% wireless strength, 5G, ≈1% packet loss, a latency of ≈39, and I play on a Series X (dont have the right TV/Monitor to run high frames and 4k stuff but I dont think that effects...
  7. Question about using Starlink Internet on Xbox 360 (using Ethernet)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about using Starlink Internet on Xbox 360 (using Ethernet): I’ve been using starlink for almost a year now and it’s been really good for the Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation Consoles and Nintendo consoles and my PC but strangely just on Xbox 360 my...
  8. My Ethernet cable will not give me internet to my x box x , but I plugged my box 1 in and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Ethernet cable will not give me internet to my x box x , but I plugged my box 1 in and...: Ethernet not working on Xbox 1 x but will work on old Xbox what’s the deal, I’ve tried everything any fixes ? 0dadfb83-e8c6-4074-b04b-1d81a71aca25
  9. Unable to connect to internet with Ethernet on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet with Ethernet on Xbox Series: Hi there Xbox Community! I was hoping you may be able to help me with this issue. I have had a Xbox Series S for a few weeks or so. Sometimes, it runs poorly when it comes to WiFi. I tried...
  10. Why is does my xbox have so much delay when I have good internet and a Ethernet cord hooked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is does my xbox have so much delay when I have good internet and a Ethernet cord hooked...: My Xbox is very delayed and I don’t know why I have a Ethernet cable hooked up to it and everything and my Wi-Fi is good. f2106dd5-8393-4f6c-a21c-4c30e501aa42