Intermittent Xbox Series X Multiplayer Connection Issues

Discus and support Intermittent Xbox Series X Multiplayer Connection Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I purchased an Xbox Series X a few months back and have had on and off multiplayer connection issues. No other apparent issues outside... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LuisGP1991, May 12, 2024.

1. LuisGP1991
    LuisGP1991 Guest

Hello everyone,

I purchased an Xbox Series X a few months back and have had on and off multiplayer connection issues. No other apparent issues outside of when I load into a multiplayer game. It is anyone's guess if I will make it in or "fail to connect to server." I player 6 or so different multiplayers games and it happens in all of them so I do not believe it is game specific. Sometimes I will connect fine for 20 games in a row, then fail to connect in next 3 of 4.

Initially my NAT was on "moderate" but I was able to get it to open by setting up port forwarding rules using the ports in the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

It seemed to help for a bit (less disconnects but still some). Recently it has picked back up though and been happening more frequently.

Other Troubleshooting Completed:

Rebooted router

Factory Reset Xbox Series X

Used WiFi and Ethernet connection

Cleared alternate wired MAC address

Used manual automatic port selection (as opposed to automatic 3074)

Signed out of old Xbox One and kicked device off network

No issues with previous Xbox One on same network

I feel like I also see "syncing game data" screen flash at an abnormal rate when I boot games sometimes. No way to confirm if it is happening more than it should.

Network Information:

ATT Fiber

Wired connection gives me about 600 download

Use BGW320 supplied by ATT and I have no ability to use my own router/modem

No PnP setting available on router's website

Anyways, if anyone has any ideas on what I could try, I would greatly appreciate it. I am fairly stumped at the moment,

:)

LuisGP1991, May 12, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: