Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection

Discus and support Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; XSX suddenly has intermittent Internet connection, wired or wireless. Online services are now unusable as connection is lost every few seconds. It has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goatlips, May 30, 2023.

1. Goatlips
    Goatlips Guest

XSX suddenly has intermittent Internet connection, wired or wireless. Online services are now unusable as connection is lost every few seconds. It has been connected to the router/hub for a year. Other WiFi devices in the home work. My 360 is wired to the same hub and I can stream Netflix (yes, the 360's Netflix app still works! ).

I am guessing some Internet related component inside the XSX has died, as I have tried using the 360's working ethernet cable/port, and obviously I have turned the router/hub off/on, as well as holding the XSX power button.

It only just turned 1 last month

⚰️.

:)

Goatlips, May 30, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there! This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in. We will do our best here to sort this out.

Since you already performed a factory reset on your console, there's still a possibility that it may only just a network issue. To further isolate it, try to connect using a different network (it's a good idea to try it with your friend's house). You may use your mobile data hotspot as well if possible.

On your modem/router, I suggest that you also perform a factory reset to refresh their configurations. If you have an extra router, try using a different one.
  3. Goatlips Win User

...The Series X's Internet seems to be back to normal now. I don't think it was anything I did to attempt to fix it.

My 'fibre' Internet is barely better than standard broadband and often cuts out, so I guess this caused the Xbox to glitch in some way, seeing as the connection was good enough to stream Netflix on my 360 whilst the XSX couldn't even stay connected.

It's mystery to me, but it's ok again. 👍🏻
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

X Box does not connect to WiFi

Use a wired connection for the highest quality internet connection. Over Wi-Fi speed is not stable and intermittent outages.
  5. Megavolt480 Win User

Xbxo Live connections issues

Hello, bostonmobb0341! Based on the results you posted, it looks like you are trying to connect with the wireless adapter from your Xbox, correct? Have you tried to use a wired connection to your router? It seems to me that the wireless router is not
    handing out an address for your Xbox. If you have other wireless devices in the home, are those devices experiencing intermittent connection issues, as well? If other wireless devices are experiencing intermittent connection issues, then it could be the wireless
    radio in your router might be dead/dying. Try a wired connection, if you can, and post up your results.
  6. A Blue Illusion Win User

Second day of not being able to connect to Xbox Live.

^^I failed to mention that I am on a wired connection myself. Everyone (or most everyone) seems to think that wireless tech has advanced to the point that there is little to no difference between wireless and wired connections. I disagree completely... the
    connection speed itself may not be as much of a concern with newer routers, but there are a myriad of other potential problems that can happen with wireless. And they can all cause failed, dropped, random, intermittent connections.

Besides, with all the other wireless devices out there that need internet access, I decided it would be worth the extra trouble of putting the Xbox on the wired side of the network... more bandwidth since there are much fewer devices on the wired side, AND
    stability that way. Win-win.
Thema:

1. Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Intermittent Wired Wireless

2. Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Voice Quality Issue with Galaxy A54 and Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello everyone, I'm turning to this community for assistance with a voice quality issue that's been plaguing me. I have my Samsung Galaxy A54 and Xbox Series X connected to my Xbox wireless...
  3. Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone experiencing intermittent sound stutter when using YouTube App on Series X?: since I purchased a series X last December I have experienced sound stutter when viewing videos on YouTube via the App. I have tried sending a Report A Problem for this issue ,but because it is...
  4. Intermittent Xbox Series X Multiplayer Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Xbox Series X Multiplayer Connection Issues: Hello everyone, I purchased an Xbox Series X a few months back and have had on and off multiplayer connection issues. No other apparent issues outside of when I load into a multiplayer game. It...
  5. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  6. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  7. Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series S 512 Intermittent black screen: My xbox series s randomly had a black screen that will randomly happen and stay for about 3 seconds then everything goes back to normal. Any ideas on how to fix this. Happens during Fortnite And...
  8. Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C

in XboX Insiders
    Intermittent Black Screen for 1-2 seconds with Xbox One and Samsung Q80C: Just purchased the 65 inch Samsung Q80C TV and noticed when using my Xbox one, the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds every 10ish seconds. Note that I have the Xbox one and there is no auto HDR...
  9. How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox One X and Series S random intermittent HDMI static?: Hi, I've had my Xbox one X for many years, and starting last year I began having issues where my LG TVs video signal would randomly start to cutout every few seconds. It shows static, then...
  10. Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue): Hello, I'm posting in hopes of diagnosing the cause of an issue I've been having while gaming. Hopefully this doesn't come across as long winded, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible in...