Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.

Discus and support Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Same exact problem here. Plugged into wall. 65d526f5-1eb8-4cb9-8c3a-2c944436a9e7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chief Stefan, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Chief Stefan
    Chief Stefan Guest

Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.

Same exact problem here. Plugged into wall.

:)

Chief Stefan, Nov 5, 2014
  2. Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.

Got my console set to instant on mode and can switch it off with the voice command. And if I go back to it within an hour or so, the power brick light is still white and I can switch it on as normal.

However, if I leave it for a few hours or overnight, the power brick light will have turned orange and I have to switch on the console using the power button on the front. The console then does a full power up with the green Xbox One screen etc.

When I'm using the console it stays switched on and I have no issues at all so I'm puzzled. I've just done a hard reset to see how it goes, but I'm not hopeful.

I tried contacting MS support via the online chat option. But they just kept saying an orange light was normal and it was all normal behavior, which it obviously isn't! I just couldn't get them to understand and they just pointed me to the MS page showing
    what the power brick lights meant Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours. :( Not good! Thanks

SteveHargreaves, Nov 5, 2014
  3. Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.

Have you found a fox for this

Roderickissus, Nov 5, 2014
  4. Roderickissus Win User

Have you found a fox for this
  5. SteveHargreaves Win User

Edit: (you can't edit the original posts?) I should add that I have checked all the connections. There are no heat issues, and the power brick isn't connected to a power strip - it is plugged into its own socket.
  6. eviltedi Win User

Power brick light turned orange?

[quote user="Merlin4421"]

If you put it on energy saver power setting it turns orange when powered off. Instant on it stays white because it's not completely powered down.

[/quote]

This is 100% correct, I have my console on power saving and the brick light is orange, on the other setting it's white.
  7. gds1972 Win User

Power brick won't turn off

Hi

The power brick for the Xbox One console never fully turns off if your console is set to instant on mode the light on the power brick will remain white with the console switched off and if the console is set to power save mode the light will be orange/yellow
    when the console is switched off.
  8. denis97g Win User

How do I clear the xbox one cache if things are very slow loading?

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
    2. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.
    3. Plug in the power brick.
    4. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
    5. Turn the Xbox back on as you would normally.
Thema:

1. Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours. - Similar Threads - Instant issues Power

2. Xbox series s beeps then off instantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s beeps then off instantly: Xbox series s beeps then off instantly 2a6d6c32-35ee-43a9-b83c-b5169665b3a3
  3. Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass crashing instantly upon opening: the splash screen pops up momentarily and then it crashes. I have tried reinstalling the app, resetting ms store, repairing the app, restarting the app. I have checked my event viewer and found...
  4. XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X GETTING SWITCHED ON BY ITSELF EVEN THOUGH NOT ON INSTANT-ON MODE ?: Technically my Xbox is connected to a APC ups and whenever I switch on my ups, it somewhat starts my Xbox too. Like the Xbox does not fully start, the light on the Xbox power Button does not...
  5. if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...: im asking this because im considering buying it from there because its cheaper but im not sure if it will work of it is even safe to do so cf4f0bf8-12aa-46e5-9d1f-37a5172d003f
  6. New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox x. Launches games but instant kick out: Hello, I recently got a new Xbox x series for Xmas. Downloaded my online games like ea fc and warzone. As soon I open the game it gets to first main menu and either freezes or completely kicks me...
  7. Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft security info change application takes 30 days, How to do it instantly?: Hi I got scammed into giving my Microsoft password online to someone and they put a recovery email on my account and when i try to remove that it takes 30 days and by that time they have canceled...
  8. Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Custom gamerpic instantly got me banned.: A horrormovie picture (texas chainsaw) I uploaded as a custom gamerpic instantly got me banned! Why? And why not just tell me? Instaban seems a little excessive for a moviepic - I don't even know...
  9. My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one x scorpio edition turns on and instantly off in 1 second: I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. there was heavy dust inside but it has been properly cleaned. Unfortunately do to the power instantly turning off I can't tell if the fan is...
  10. Is Instant Gaming safe?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Instant Gaming safe?: Goodmornig, While searching for Ultimate keys I found this site called Instant Gaming. Is it safe or the keys are illegal? There's the risk of a ban? Thank you in advance....