Installing with slow satellite system

Discus and support Installing with slow satellite system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey I don't have the free time or patients to comb through other posts to see if this question has been answered already so sorry in advance if it has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShanerMan424, Dec 30, 2017.

1. ShanerMan424
    ShanerMan424 Guest

Hey I don't have the free time or patients to comb through other posts to see if this question has been answered already so sorry in advance if it has

I live in a rual zone that has slow download speeds especially when I get put in " time out"for going over my allowed data limit

I am downloading a game that looks like is going to take 4 days to download and update.(68gb) I have a few other games that have already gone through this gauntlet of slug speed and are playable but it still needs me to insert the disc to play the game

Can I pause the current download ,take out the disc, put in a different game disk, play that for a few hours then before I go to bed put the other disk back in and resume the download while not playing?

Thanks

:)

ShanerMan424, Dec 30, 2017
  2. How slow is this thing

How slow is this thing at installing a game I have just got a xbox one and to say its slow at installing a game is a joke I have Dragon Age 3 Inquisition on pre-order for the xbox one if I get the game on the Friday it is out I may get to play it that sunday
    with how slow the thing is at installing games its a joke.

HELP101-61D4B3ED-3EFB-4C04-8113-6746B309BEB3, Dec 30, 2017
  3. Downloading

Own both, just purchased Xbox one and have been surprised how slow the XB1 is downloading content in comparison with PS4. Installing promo title took an eternity (60GB). No problems with my connection (50+ mbps), no streaming while downloading, console is
    literally a few feet from router with no obstructions. Haven't sat there with a timer, but it does seem to take longer in my experience. It's a slower system in several respects compared to PS4 actually.

MalstormG-[xboxvenue], Dec 30, 2017
  4. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest

Hello,

I have the same issue... Satellite ISP...

You should be able to do that... I went all digital.. Have two 8TB external drives... I just let it run on instant on and download in the background.

If you have Hugesnet you might consider Exceed. They do not slow you down as much and have a larger bandwidth cap.

OK Fowl, Dec 30, 2017
  5. OK Fowl Win User

Hello,

I have the same issue... Satellite ISP...

You should be able to do that... I went all digital.. Have two 8TB external drives... I just let it run on instant on and download in the background.

If you have Hugesnet you might consider Exceed. They do not slow you down as much and have a larger bandwidth cap.
  6. implantedwall14 Win User

MP Weekend Challenge (Operation Raptor N7 Bounty)

I think it's weird because it isn't a satellite distributed internet like from Dish or Hugh's Net. It just seems like if it get's wet outside it slows down.
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

How many games can an Xbox one x hold?

There is system Ram put aside for the Operating system on all Xbox consoles. It won't slow down because you have 10TB of games installed.
  8. ElanPuzzle Win User

Update Failed-Someone please help me..

it's Satellite, Hughesnet, I know It's slow, but I just want to download halo 4 forge island, it's worked before but now it won't work, is there anyway to get it to work again?
  9. Revelene Win User

Slow system

I've noticed that the Xbox One has a cache issue... simple quick fix is to do a reset. Hold the Xbox logo (power button) on the console. Keep holding until it completely shuts off and it will kick back on with the green logo screen. It will take a minute
    or two for it to come back on fully and should run buttery smooth again.
Thema:

1. Installing with slow satellite system - Similar Threads - Installing slow satellite

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. How can I install Google Chrome on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I install Google Chrome on my Xbox series x: can i install Google Chrome browser on my Xbox series x cbb023e8-ed64-4284-a214-b7441108606c
  4. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  5. AC Valhalla installation fails at 99.9%

in XBoX on Windows
    AC Valhalla installation fails at 99.9%: Tried installing Assassins Creed Valhalla onto my Xbox one, it keeps stopping at 99.9% (92.25 GB of 92.3). I have seen this same issue on forums for the past couple months this year and have tried...
  6. Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x

in XBoX on Windows
    Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x: I'm trying to install Red Dead 2 on my Xbox One x and for some reason it is stuck on 67.7% at 57.54 GB and I know that there isn't a problem with space because before installing it I cleared open...
  7. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  8. SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SERIES X Mortal Kombat 1 (disc) ULTRA ULTRA SLOW INSTALL & KEEPS STOPPING ???: Ok, so I bought Mortal Kombat One on disc, went. To install it...the series x recognised it and began installing it ....BUT - at ULTRA SLOW SPEED ...its taken over 20hrs to get to 17% and in that...
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator installation download is too slow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator installation download is too slow: [img] I tried downloading MSFS 2020 and part of the game got installed @ 180+ Mbps where as the later half got stuck @ 2Mbps. My internet is 200Mbps unlimited data wired ethernet and no one but...
  10. Painfully Slow PC Xbox app installation for games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Painfully Slow PC Xbox app installation for games: Hello, I've been trying to download any game from the Xbox App on PC, and after being stuck at 0b/s for about 5 minutes, it goes on to download at speeds that shouldn't be happening, (ex. 3mb/s...