installing new 360s hard drive

Discus and support installing new 360s hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is there any special things I need to know or do other than the physical swap out ? 581c6632-97ea-4f6e-bdd4-fb42fdd05e5b Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rekcart, Jan 29, 2014.

1. rekcart
    rekcart Guest

is there any special things I need to know or do other than the physical swap out ?

:)

rekcart, Jan 29, 2014
  2. New gears Xbox 360s

I own a xbox 360s with a 250 GB hard drive. Im gunna buy a new gears of war 360s with the 320 GB hard drive. Can I still use the transfer cable to move all my downloaded items?

ricky red devil, Jan 29, 2014
  3. chrlbrwn2
    chrlbrwn2 Guest
    Larger Hard Drive

I have an Xbox 360S and would like to upgrade the internal hard drive to something larger than 500GB. Is this possible? If so, is there anything special that needs to be done in order for the Xbox to use the hard drive after installing it in order to transfer
    everything from the old drive? Thanks for any help.

chrlbrwn2, Jan 29, 2014
  4. installing new 360s hard drive

As long as it's a legitimate HDD manufactured by Microsoft then nope, it should just slide right in there... turn the console off before inserting it.

VisageOfAnAngel, Jan 29, 2014
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Daft Badger, Oct 31, 2018
  6. hn333 Win User

Can you transfer installed xbox 360 games to another hard drive using a transfer cable?

This is from the Xbox page.

Transfer the fun to your new Xbox 360®. The hard drive transfer cable moves content from any Xbox 360 or hard drive to your new Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 hard drive. Easily transfer HD movies, music, saved games, player profiles, and even full games installed
    on your hard drive. Plus, use the cable over and over if you choose to get a new console or hard drive again in the future.
  7. Warjax Win User

adding hard drive to 4GB?

Hi RegularRain8, Is your current Xbox 360 the original or the new S edition. They are different Xbox hard drive accessories. There is a basic process for installing an existing hard drive to a new Xbox 360. Check out the guide here

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive
  8. Daft Badger Win User

9. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

As long as it's a legitimate HDD manufactured by Microsoft then nope, it should just slide right in there... turn the console off before inserting it.
  10. x24hrs2livex Win User

Is My 360 Dieing?

Can/have you installed the game to your hard drive? If it is installed and still freezing you will probably need a new 360 soon
Thema:

1. installing new 360s hard drive - Similar Threads - installing 360s hard

2. Unable to install Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install Minecraft Launcher: I tried to install the new 1.20.5 version of Minecraft and it kept crashing, so I uninstalled the launcher and now trying to re-install it won't work. I've: 1. Restarted my PC several times 2....
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  7. All installs stuck at 0.0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    All installs stuck at 0.0%: Starting today I cannot download ANYTHING! Literally not a single thing. No matter the size which my Xbox can't even figure out at this point. Anything I attempt to download stays at 0.0% and the...
  8. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  9. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  10. No Install button for remote download

in XBoX on Consoles
    No Install button for remote download: Hey yall hope you can help a brother out. I'm having an issue where I can't remote download a game to my xbox and yes, I've done everything Microsoft had said and even some of yall but I got no...