Installing a disc game on a console with no disc reader

Discus and support Installing a disc game on a console with no disc reader in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an old game disk. Our new xbox console does not have a disk reader. How can I install it and play? a7e7df7a-35f1-4e06-af2a-1c04eb01382d Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by johnhammer2, Aug 13, 2020.

1. johnhammer2
    johnhammer2 Guest

I have an old game disk. Our new xbox console does not have a disk reader. How can I install it and play?

:)

johnhammer2, Aug 13, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Smwutches Win User

You would have to purchase it digitally (if available) in order to play it. It's not possible to use the disc on a disc-less console.
  3. GetEm Trojan Win User

game freezing when loading!!!!!

Based on what you have said it sounds like there is a problem with the disc reader on your console. You could try installing a game to your hard drive and then playing that game. This would eliminate the use of the disc reader and hopefully solve the problem
    of games freezing. Hope this helps.
  4. onyxishere Win User

Scratch

If the game is installed to the console then you would only need the disc in to prove ownership.

However, as was mentioned above the disc could harm the reader as it still needs to spin at the start to prove that it is the proper disc. It would be best to replace it.
  5. RippenHarra Win User

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU MS

Yes of course it could have been on the disc. Just like any copyright protection is. It doesn't even have to be manually activated. You install the game off the disc you can play the game without disc for as long as you want. You give that disc to a friend
    and he tries to install it. Live would be pinging your console once every 24 hours so it would recognise that this disc has been installed already on a X1 console and reject the install. The retail end would have a disc reader that works the opposite of the
    console by renewing that code or disc to be resold voiding the install that exists on the original owners console.

Where am I getting this info?

From the ms at e3 and and all the stories that described it and using knowledge of how to implement what they were talking about.

Just like banks give out card readers to retailers MS would have also provided game retailers the reader to operate the system for X1.

But still where are you getting your statement that under the original policy games could not be traded or sold?
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Beyond Good and Evil HD (360) freezes when character talks

This appears to be an issue related to this game bundle.

It's the one that comes with Outlander and From Dust as well, correct?

You should be able to install all disc games to your console, but for some reason, this bundle does not offer that option.

If the disc is faulty or the disc reader is having issues, the game will have slow downs.
Thema:

1. Installing a disc game on a console with no disc reader - Similar Threads - Installing disc game

2. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  3. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  4. Xbox One games not installing from disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One games not installing from disc: Hello, I have an Xbox One S and I'm having trouble installing some games from their discs and I'm not sure why. I have other games that I have been able to install without issue. I've tried power...
  5. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  6. My games are only installing from the network and not from the disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games are only installing from the network and not from the disc.: Hello! I'm encountering an issue with my games, specifically FIFA 22 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Both games are installing only from the network, not from the disc. Additionally, FIFA 22...
  7. I have purchased mw3 the new game discs is loading on Xbox installed game however it’s...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased mw3 the new game discs is loading on Xbox installed game however it’s...: My game is installed discs is loading, but still saying the game modes are locked 797b0054-794b-4d9c-88b0-3708410a858f
  8. Disc game installation problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation problem.: Hello, i tried in my two consoles to install two different games ( in this case , Battlefield V and Rainbow Six Siege ) thanks to my disc. But after the download pass the « ready to start » thing...
  9. My Xbox one s won’t install new games on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one s won’t install new games on disc: So I have a Xbox one s and I’ll hear it start to read the disc I’ll speed up then slow down and does that like 3 times and then it’ll stop then it tries it 1-2 more times before it just stops it...
  10. game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.: I installed far cry 5 from the Microsoft store, but when I insert the disc and try to play it it won't launch, instead it will start installing a duplicate of the game and always gets stuck at...