installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load

Discus and support installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; XBOX1S Fallout 4 GOTY installed over vanilla edition (Absolutely no mods) I did the update/install on vacation since we do not have wifi. When we... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Silmarillionair, Jun 11, 2023.

1. installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load

XBOX1S

Fallout 4 GOTY installed over vanilla edition (Absolutely no mods)

I did the update/install on vacation since we do not have wifi.

When we got home the games that had been played using DLC will not load. I get the message that the game must be updated.

Why won't my game work without wifi connection like it did in vanilla?

:)

Silmarillionair, Jun 11, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

It could have prompted the game to update if your console somehow connected online. In this case, you must update the game first and once all the updates have been done you can proceed to play the game offline. The game should not prompt any updates as long as you don't connect your Xbox online.

Just make sure your console is set to offline mode once you are done with the updates.

To disconnect your console from the network for offline use only:

Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.

Select Settings > General > Network settings.

Select Go offline.

To go back online, choose Go Online on the Network settings screen.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/help/Hardware-Ne...

(The link is in English)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. Jokul81 Win User

Fallout 3 GOTY!

Unfortunatlly this doesn't work, the game save for Fallout is in the Fallout folder but the game save for the GOTY edition is stored in Fallout GOTY folder under memory making an entirly new save area
  4. StrictlyDigital Win User

Fallout Introduction

Icewolfer93 I envy you. My first Fallout experience began with 3, and it was by far one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've ever had. I wish I could wipe my memory of the game and play it all over again.

Definitely buy the GOTY edition. You'll get all the dlc and save a lot of money. At this point I'd guess the GOTY edition is probably $20 brand new. After you finish 3, which will take some time, buy New Vegas GOTY and lose yourself in Fallout once again. You'll
    have two fantastic gaming experiences with loads of content for a great price.
  5. KingPettway1010 Win User

Game help

sounds like your using the old fallout 4 game. I had a lot of issues with it too. Maybe you could buy the goty edition? It has all the patches fixed and all the updates.
  6. EDKILL13 Win User

dlc from cd on xbox 1

I ha this problem with Fallout 3 GOTY edition, i had to install it using the game and DLC with the 2nd disc, then when i wanted to play with the DLC installed i just had to put in the 2nd disc and play.
Thema:

1. installed goty edition of Fallout 4, but updated game play saves wont load - Similar Threads - installed goty edition

2. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  3. How can I install Google Chrome on my Xbox series x

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I install Google Chrome on my Xbox series x: can i install Google Chrome browser on my Xbox series x cbb023e8-ed64-4284-a214-b7441108606c
  4. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  5. AC Valhalla installation fails at 99.9%

in XBoX on Windows
    AC Valhalla installation fails at 99.9%: Tried installing Assassins Creed Valhalla onto my Xbox one, it keeps stopping at 99.9% (92.25 GB of 92.3). I have seen this same issue on forums for the past couple months this year and have tried...
  6. Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x

in XBoX on Windows
    Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x: I'm trying to install Red Dead 2 on my Xbox One x and for some reason it is stuck on 67.7% at 57.54 GB and I know that there isn't a problem with space because before installing it I cleared open...
  7. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  8. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  9. Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Borderlands GotY Editon Xbox 360. Add-On Disc not installing on Xbox One.: Just bought an Xbox One and began downloading compatible Xbox 360 games. I ran into a problem with Borderlands for the Xbox 360. I have the GotY Edition (2 disc version). For some reason the...
  10. Why doesn't the disc 2 content install for Fallout 3 Goty edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't the disc 2 content install for Fallout 3 Goty edition?: I have an xbox 360 that I wanted to install the goty content for fallout 3 on. I have a 1 terabyte seagate hard drive connected to the 360 but when I try to install the content it says it requires...