installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and...

Discus and support installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; ok so before i put the game onto my series s i accidentally installed a trial of the game i was going to install, now after i network transfered it it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TurqoiseCat4, Aug 8, 2022.

1. TurqoiseCat4
    TurqoiseCat4 Guest

installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and...

ok so before i put the game onto my series s i accidentally installed a trial of the game i was going to install, now after i network transfered it it wont let me play the full version and is only letting me play the free trial ive tried multiple ways of fixing this and none of them have worked

:)

TurqoiseCat4, Aug 8, 2022
  2. dempup Win User

New xbox generation

Hi There.

You are not able to use external Disc drives or network transfer of gaming disc to the Series S.

The Series S is digital download only and physical game discs are not usable on the system.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Trouble with network transferring

Keep in mind this does NOT work for.disk games

Xbox series s is NOT compatible with disk games

If some of those are the games you are trying to network transfer it won't work

Disc games require verification since you don't have a disc drive you cant verify

Keep in mind you have to watch your file sizes

I'd cut down your disc games installs to.make room

The series s only has 512 gigs of space some of which is used by the os and system updates reservation

If anything you are better off using an external hdd and pluging it in

But if you are trying to network transfer disc games it doesn't remove the requirement and it will only slow you down for something that won't work

Network transfer of disk games only work on consoles with disc drives

Not digital only consoles

The only games that work kn the series s is digital only and bc titles that are digital
  4. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  5. ngocphi Win User

installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and its showing as "Trial"

It is working as intended

Network transfer only reduces the data you need to download as you are just transfer to another console

HOWEVER it does not remove the requirement of the disk for disk games

No digital only console does what you are attempting
  6. Smwutches Win User

installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and its showing as "Trial"

You would need to own it digitally in order to play it on the Series S. Otherwise, you need the disc in the disc drive in order to prove you own the game to be able to play it, which isn't possible on a Series S.
Thema:

1. installed a game that i have on a disc through network transfer onto my xbox series s and... - Similar Threads - installed game disc

2. On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc...: on an Xbox 360, If a game installs to HDD 100% without any problems, does this mean the disc is healthy ? Is this a good way of testing whether a disc is healthy ?...
  3. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  4. Xbox One games not installing from disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One games not installing from disc: Hello, I have an Xbox One S and I'm having trouble installing some games from their discs and I'm not sure why. I have other games that I have been able to install without issue. I've tried power...
  5. I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to...: I have a FIFA 19 game disc and can't install on my XBOX ONE console. It only installs up to 17.1% I have tried different methods, but nothing works... fc8861b4-2237-4daa-9aab-13e01e78d2eb
  6. My games are only installing from the network and not from the disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games are only installing from the network and not from the disc.: Hello! I'm encountering an issue with my games, specifically FIFA 22 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Both games are installing only from the network, not from the disc. Additionally, FIFA 22...
  7. I have purchased mw3 the new game discs is loading on Xbox installed game however it’s...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased mw3 the new game discs is loading on Xbox installed game however it’s...: My game is installed discs is loading, but still saying the game modes are locked 797b0054-794b-4d9c-88b0-3708410a858f
  8. Disc game installation problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc game installation problem.: Hello, i tried in my two consoles to install two different games ( in this case , Battlefield V and Rainbow Six Siege ) thanks to my disc. But after the download pass the « ready to start » thing...
  9. My Xbox one s won’t install new games on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one s won’t install new games on disc: So I have a Xbox one s and I’ll hear it start to read the disc I’ll speed up then slow down and does that like 3 times and then it’ll stop then it tries it 1-2 more times before it just stops it...
  10. game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.: I installed far cry 5 from the Microsoft store, but when I insert the disc and try to play it it won't launch, instead it will start installing a duplicate of the game and always gets stuck at...