Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%

Discus and support Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50% in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Payday 3 aswell as cities skylines 3 downloads are stuck at 50%. Everytime, ive tries reinstalling multiple times already and even reinstalled windows... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nevio Pagojus, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50%

Payday 3 aswell as cities skylines 3 downloads are stuck at 50%. Everytime, ive tries reinstalling multiple times already and even reinstalled windows two times.

I noticed after buying the former on steam that the download on xbox app download got stuck after downloading all the files (27 gb) and at the start of the unpacking process. Its not because of disk space, ive got over 100 gigs left on the drive.

:)

Nevio Pagojus, Oct 24, 2023
  2. Nevio Pagojus Win User

Tank you! It worked for me
  3. David Wirsching Win User

Hello Nevio P, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Sometimes antivirus programs or Windows Defender can interfere with downloading and installing games. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus or Windows Defender real-time protection features while downloading and installing the game.

The Xbox app on Windows caches data that can affect downloads. Try clearing the Xbox app cache by following these steps:

Close the Xbox app.
    Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    Type "%localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache" and press Enter.
    Inside the LocalCache folder, select all files and folders and delete them.
    Restart the Xbox app and try the download again.
    Reinstall the Xbox app: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app on your computer. To do so, follow these steps:

Press Windows key + I to open Windows Settings.
    Click "Apps" and then "Apps & Features."
    Find the Xbox app in the list, select it, and click "Uninstall."
    Restart your computer.
    Open the Microsoft Store, search for the Xbox app, and install it again.
    Sign in to the Xbox app with your account and try the download again.

Best regards.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

I'm glad it worked for you, it's a pleasure for me to help my fellow gamers. If you have more problems, contact us again.
  5. MadBikeSkillz Win User

Microsoft Rewards App - Xbox

I have the same issue, I even installed two never before played, by me, GamePass games and have since gotten 6 achievements, I am stuck at 2 of 3 Achievements.
  6. Zero Divided Win User

incredibly slow disk installs

i'm about 50/50 for digital games and disc games, but i haven't noticed any issues with installing from discs, last one i installed was Shadow of Mordor and i don't recall it taking more than 20-30 minutes.

if it is stuck downloading updates, you can disconnect it from the internet and maybe that'll get it going.

welcome to next-gen!
Thema:

1. Installation of Gamepass games stuck at 50% - Similar Threads - Installation Gamepass games

2. Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games that I never asked to install in my new laptop keep on reinstalling: I have a new Windows 11 laptop which I use alongside my other Windows machines. When I took the new laptop into use, Xbox app or Windows Store gradually installed it full of PC games that I do not...
  3. Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..

in XBoX Accessibility
    Stupid gamepass wont let me install a game..: Fed up with all the issues only to now end up with a new one that makes NO sense. I turn 40 in 2 months and yet Conan exiles on xbox gamepass on PC is telling me my mommy and daddy have to...
  4. Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Gamepass games on PC taking forever to launch (not launching): Gamepass games that I installed on my laptop aren't getting past launch loading screen. Left one loading for 15 minutes and the game didn't launch. Using 2019 Macbook Pro running Windows 11 via...
  5. Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass games only work when installed on C drive: As the title says, when installed to my two other drives, d and e, the games will sometimes start and run before shutting down instantly. Or they won't start at all, giving the message, "(game)...
  6. Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamepass on PC unable to install Starfield game after complete download error code...: On PC with updated win11, nvidia drivers, Win Security is green. Xbox app installs game (Starfield) after downloading all 121GB, then it stops "Something unexpected happened" error code...
  7. Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot install or run gamepass games across 4 different devices.: Hi I have an 2 PCs, an Xbox One X, and just today have bought and Xbox Series X. I am having seemingly related problems across all devices. On both the xboxes the Microsoft store app takes a...
  8. No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No gamepass games will install through the Xbox app on PC: I having been trying for days to get games to install with no success from the Xbox app. I recently installed and SSD and installed Halo Infinite, Solasta and Gears Tactics with no problems. Now...
  9. I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install game on Gamepass Ultimate on the PC or update games.: I can stream them. What is wrong I havetried all advised steps. ee90efac-d459-4a48-8f38-3bf67b0cf026
  10. GamePass Games Will Not Install Error Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    GamePass Games Will Not Install Error Code: 0x80070490: As per title. Have tried lots of online suggestions from full power recycle, sfcscannow, dism, reinstall app, install on different drive, clear cache, delete xbox app data folders, clear store...