Install a cloud streamed game onto my PC instead of streaming it?

Discus and support Install a cloud streamed game onto my PC instead of streaming it? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to know if it is possible to install a cloud streamed game to my PC (win11 desktop) at all - remotely or otherwise? My friend has the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RyRy82, Apr 7, 2023.

1. RyRy82
    RyRy82 Guest

I would like to know if it is possible to install a cloud streamed game to my PC (win11 desktop) at all - remotely or otherwise? My friend has the console version of DayZ and I am looking to play with him, but because it does not cross-play I am restricted to using the cloud streamed console version in order to play with him.

The reason Im wanting to install it locally on my PC is to eliminate the awful streaming quality associated with the cloud service, which makes the game unplayable for me (laggy, pixelated gameplay)

I've followed every instruction I can find, yet nothing works.

I am unable to connect my mobile app to my pc, no matter what I do. All apps are signed in using the same account, and I have been through every help section I can find regarding this.

Does my PC need to be bluetooth connected to my phone for this to work or am I trying for something that is simply not possible?

When I click on DayZ on my xbox mobile app, the only option is "Download to console" which brings up a screen telling me to turn my console on and log into the same account as the mobile app is using. This doesnt seem right, and nothing Ive tried has changed this step. Ive tried connecting them via adding a device, but that only gives the option to add a console - existing or new. I have selected "allow remote installation" in the xbox app settings also, but this has not helped either.

Thanks in advance!

:)

RyRy82, Apr 7, 2023
  2. RyRy82 Win User

Thanks for the swift response!

It is as I thought then, simply not possible.

Kind Regards
  3. Smwutches Win User

It would have to be a game that's available on the PC, but you would be installing the PC version of the game. Through the cloud you're playing the console version. DayZ is not available through Microsoft for PC.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft Store and Steam Deck

That’s not possible except for Cloud Streaming. Steam Deck runs Linux, and the Xbox app doesn’t support PC streaming.

You’ll have to install Windows to play Windows Store games on Steam deck natively or stream using a third party solution from a Windows PC
  5. GUN5L1NGER Win User

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere

@ LostKauz Good question. If you can stream your game from the cloud from any console, and play as your streaming, why install at all, assuming you have a good enough connection to support this? I heard that installs are mandatory. Why, if you could stream
    from the cloud? That seems to make no sense.

I have Frontier as my only option for internet, so streaming anything is a hassle.
  6. PrimoFuSion Win User

So dark souls 2

Won't you be able to stream it onto the PS4 via the cloud thingy?
Thema:

1. Install a cloud streamed game onto my PC instead of streaming it? - Similar Threads - Install cloud streamed

2. X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box cloud or install wont load Conan exiles for 2 days….any help or input greatly appreciated: Conan exiles wont work via game pass install or via cloud gaming. When on the cloud it will load and go to olay then says player disconnected. The cloud wont let me play conan for over 2 days now....
  3. after installing fresh install of win11. restoring from cloud settings results in xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    after installing fresh install of win11. restoring from cloud settings results in xbox...: so i came to do a fresh install of windows 11. at the initial setup screen. it asks to restore apps and settings from cloud. which i did every time i restart windows. it reinstalls payday 3....
  4. Flight sim cloud gaming installs update on hard drive?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight sim cloud gaming installs update on hard drive?: I have a question, i occasionaly play flight sim with cloud gaming. Specifically when i'm away and don't have my series s at hand. I notice that the updates require an install, and i think this is...
  5. I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to play a game through the Cloud if I have the game installed on the PC Xbox App: Start Menu -> Xbox App -> Cloud Gaming (Requirement must have Gamepass Ultimate and must the game installed on your PC Xbox App IE StarField) So on the PC Xbox App under the Cloud Gaming tab...
  6. Hi-Fi Rush with game pass can't be installed locally, only cloud based option

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi-Fi Rush with game pass can't be installed locally, only cloud based option: Hey, I'm trying to play Hi-Fi Rush, which is available, through game pass, but only the cloud based option. Since it is a rhythm based game, and there is a latency with cloud based games, it is...
  7. Will Starfield be installable on game pass ultimate on xbox series s or cloud gaming only?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Starfield be installable on game pass ultimate on xbox series s or cloud gaming only?: Will starfield be installable on game pass ultimate on xbox series s or cloud gaming only d8d409de-3faa-4283-b7a1-ea837722d1fc
  8. Is it possible to launch a game through cloud if it's installed?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to launch a game through cloud if it's installed?: My friends told me ark runs smoother through cloud on Xbox one but I can't seem to launch it that way as it's installed. Afraid to delete it and try that way...it takes a minute to install....
  9. My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Cloud Gaming save not transferring to a local installation of fallout 4? Any help?: I started playing Fallout 4 using the cloud gaming feature within the xbox app at work a few days ago (on a surface pro 5 tablet). I got a few hours into it and saved. The next day I did the same...
  10. How do I install my owned DLC to cities skylines remastered? ( on cloud gaming, I don’t own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I install my owned DLC to cities skylines remastered? ( on cloud gaming, I don’t own...: Ok so on cities skylines remastered it is claiming that I don’t own map pack 2, plazas & promenades, and financial districts. Even though I own all 3 of these packs. I read somewhere that you can...