Insert disk 'Microsoft Flight Sim 2020'

Discus and support Insert disk 'Microsoft Flight Sim 2020' in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Recently purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I have no internet connection but currently am using internet connection to do the initial... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by bh510, Apr 28, 2023.

1. bh510
    bh510 Guest

Hello,

Recently purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I have no internet connection but currently am using internet connection to do the initial set up of the game. I installed the large updates & it all works when I'm online.

When I unplug the ethernet cable I can't seem to load up the game and just get an insert disk message. Is there any way to solve this or get around this?

I cannot sign into Microsoft every time I want to play this game as I will not have any internet connection at my home address.

In the settings of the game I have turned off the online functionality it's just now being able to access the game without a connection at all that I can't do.

:)

bh510, Apr 28, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey, there!

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the Microsoft Community.

My name is Darhyl. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will do my best to help you sort this out.

I'm sorry you are experiencing any trouble right now. No worries, I'm here to help you.

Microsoft Flight Simulator has an offline mode. To turn this mode on, you will need to launch the simulator with an internet connection first. From there, you can activate this mode and play offline in the future.

In regard with the known issue: Some users seeing a "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator disc" error when launching the game on Windows 10.

In order to fix this and play the game digitally on Windows 10, you will need to have the Digital Ownership installed.

Here's how to download the digital ownership:

Go to the Windows store

Select My Library

Look for the MSFS Digital Ownership item and click it.

On the MSFS Digital Ownership page, click Install.

Either scroll down this page or go back to your library to find MSFS (the standard edition, NOT any of the others you might have). Click on this to bring up its page.

Install this on the store page. This just installs the launcher (about 900 megs).

When this download is complete, you will be prompted to launch the game. Do so.

You’ll get to choose some UI options and then the game will check for updates, and find a big one of about 96.1 gigs. Select a folder for this and hit the UPDATE button to start the download.

When the download completes, you will be at the main menu page of the actual game.

Find the Content Manager page of the menu and use it to install the extra content packs if you purchased them

File installed as it is required to grant the necessary permissions to play. If you already have this file installed and are running in to this error, please uninstall and reinstall this file only and this should resolve the issue. There is no need to uninstall the entire 127+GB base game files. Uninstalling this small 10MB file is all that will be needed.

For reference links:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/580615-insta...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-is-t...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for....
  3. bh510 Win User

All updates are done.

This is referring to the message popping up that is disabling me from opening the game while disconnected from any network.
  4. SpookyDiver Win User

Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 - USB controller detection problem (CH Controllers)

"Hi All

Hope someone can help me.

Successfully configured my CH Flight Sim Yoke to work Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 and did some flying around and landing around my hometown no problems. The configuration setup was saved. I then closed the game down.

Now when I start up Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 it no longer detects the CH Flight Sim Yoke. I have also tried plugging in the CH Fighterstick (which was previously detected) and it is now undetected as well.

The USB ports work fine outside Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 as tested by adding a second keyboard. (update: under Windows 10 device manager I also checked to can see if Windows 10 detects the insertion and removal of the CH controllers - I confirmed OK that
    Windows 10 had no problems detecting the addition and removal of the controllers.

It seems to be a detection problem by Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 (despite the fact Windows 10 can detect the controllers)

Welcome any advise why Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 has 'forgotten' its plug in controls.

TIA

Des (tippiersaucer2)"
    This afternoon I was playing FS 2020 with an Xbox controller because Flight gear is not available anywhere, except at Ama..n for 400-500% price markups. Today I received a Thrustmaster Rudder pedal I bought at the Microsoft Store and FS 2020 detect it without
    problems. After setting up the axis, I played for awhile and got off. When I got back on a few minutes later my Xbox controller was gone from FS2020. The Rudder Pedals were still showing and working, but no signs of the controller. Unplugging, rebooting
    the PC (Windows 10 Pro latest) did not do any good. I tried the controller with Steam games and it works as usual, so there is something going on with FS 2020 recognizing USB devices for sure....
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is Flight Sim. X 2006 compatible with Windows 365?

Microsoft 365 is the subscription service for productivity, items like Skype, OneDrive and Office

No version of Flight Sim or any games appear on it

The only version of Flight Sim on GamePass is 2020, which is unlikely to change
  6. Ignatius SCHOLTZ Win User

Microsoft Flight simulator for PC

It is Flight sim 2020 40th edition.
Thema:

1. Insert disk 'Microsoft Flight Sim 2020' - Similar Threads - Insert disk 'Microsoft

2. MSFS2020 says "insert MSFS game disk" when I'm using Xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MSFS2020 says "insert MSFS game disk" when I'm using Xbox game pass ultimate: [img] How do I fix it? when I click continue, nothing happens, I already have been using it for a week. And now this happens, and even if I wanted to, I couldn't find a disk in Canada! Please fix...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (Please insert disk) problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (Please insert disk) problem: Hey, I have msfs2020 via Xbox game pass since the moment the game came out. But, the problem is that when I boot up my game, it says I need to insert a disk. Now here are 2 problems I occur with...
  4. why does Microsoft Simulator KEEP REQUESTING THAT I INSERT THE DISK! DOESNT THIS BILLION...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does Microsoft Simulator KEEP REQUESTING THAT I INSERT THE DISK! DOESNT THIS BILLION...: Why does Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 keep asking me to insert the disk! Surely a billion dollar company would offer product support! Instead relying on ad-hoc clients to offer useless...
  5. Microsoft flight sim 2020 asking to insert disk

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft flight sim 2020 asking to insert disk: I have done everything possible to get it to run I have cleared cache logged in and out uninstalled and installed re-downloaded the digital key more than once there is no support like...
  6. Insert disk Flight Simulator 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Insert disk Flight Simulator 2020: What the hell is Insert Disk error with a digital copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? Game wont continue pass the Insert Disk screen. THERE IS NO DISK!!!!!!!!!!...
  7. What happens if I own a digital copy but insert a physical disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I own a digital copy but insert a physical disk: Ok im sorry buy i dont want to hear the standard “just buy the disk/digital and not both”, i am a HUGE dark souls fan and own 2 and 3 digitaly. I want to purchase the physical trilogy buy i dont...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 'Please insert game disk' error (Xbox Game Pass)

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 'Please insert game disk' error (Xbox Game Pass): I've checked everywhere and tried everything but nothing has worked I've tried: - Deactivating windows defender / firewall - Checking my time and location settings - Using Ethernet instead of...
  9. Flight Simulator 2020 X-Box BETA (PC) [Insert Game Disk]?

in XBoX on Windows
    Flight Simulator 2020 X-Box BETA (PC) [Insert Game Disk]?: It's passed midnight on 18th August 2020 and my supposed preinstall allows me to launch the game now, with a pretty intro and a button saying "Press Any Key to Start". When I click, it shows a...
  10. i Can't Insert A Disk into my XBox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i Can't Insert A Disk into my XBox One S: Hello, I have a problem with my console, whenever i try to insert a disk, the slot doesn't open, it blocks my disk, and when i try to verify if there's already a disk inside by clicking the little...