Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.

Discus and support Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X )... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nic335, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Nic335
    Nic335 Guest

Hi,

I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X )
    both of those machine will remote play to my PC absolutely fine, no input lag, ( or barely noticeable ) but my newer console, Xbox Series X will have bad visual resolution seams like its around 720p, will have around 500-600ms input lag ( calculated with slowmo videos frame by frame )
    In plain terms, FPS games are completely unplayables.

So now, What is my setup like ?

between my series X and PC completely wired gigabit, Putting a laptop a xbox location connected still to the same cable, will do some network transfer of 970-980mbps no problem with pings of around 16-22ms under gigabit load, or under 1ms with no load.

My pc, is somewhat on the strong side,
    I7-10700k @ 5.3Ghz All core
    nvidia 1080Ti

32gb of Ram at 3200Mhz

Motherboard, is a Asus Prime 490a

All drivers are up to date, and multiples scenario have been tested,

For example
    My MSI gaming laptop is I7 12 gen and a Rtx 3060

and my pc, will stream perfect, from an Xbox One ( I tested OG Xbox One And Xbox One X )
    No perceivable input lag, image quality is great.
    But from my Xbox Series X or even one of my friend wont be able to be streamed properly onto again both my laptop and PC

Now, I know, I made some research and discovered that some people are experiencing network lag spikes using the onboard ethernet of my PC motherboard, ( Prime 490a )
    So i recently got an PCI-e network card that has a 2.5Gbps NIC and I am still experiencing this issue. ( Laptop does it too, But im desesperate to make this work properly )

This issue is also not only me reporting it, If any of you guys care to check the following link out, You will see that this has been posted, and has yet to receive any support or help on it,
    Poor quality remote play streaming - Xbox series S/X - Microsoft Community

I am hoping this post, can catch some traction, or find someone that does know how I can make a Series Xbox stream properly.
    Thanks for reading this

:)

Nic335, Sep 7, 2023
  2. CleanMosquito38 Win User

sunshine and moonlight work great but Xbox works but is so laggy playing golf makes it unplayble
  3. Nic335 Win User

Hi Jason.

Consoles are plugged directly to the router.

Your second point, respectfully make no sense, as I am trying to Remote Play and not Cloud Play
    There is no network address translation required here lol. traffic stays within the network, therefore the traffic generated by the stream, will never "hit" the NAT.

Video quality has already been lowered to 1080p@60, and wont change any behavior.
  4. Jason Guer Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Nic335

Good Day!

My apology if none of the steps above works for you. Let me continue to help you.

There are several possible causes and solutions for your problem, and I will try to explain them as clearly as possible. Please follow these steps and see if they improve your remote play experience:

• First, make sure that your Xbox Series X console and your Windows PC or laptop have the latest updates installed. You can check for updates on your console by going to Settings > System > Updates & downloads. You can check for updates on your PC or laptop by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

• Second, check the remote play settings on your Xbox app and make sure they are optimized for your network and device.
    1. Under Video quality, you can choose between Low (2 Mbps), Medium (6 Mbps), High (10 Mbps), or Very high (20 Mbps). The higher the quality, the more bandwidth and processing power it requires.
    2. Under Audio quality, you can choose between Low (96 kbps), Medium (192 kbps), or High (256 kbps). The higher the quality, the more bandwidth it requires.
    3. Under Device performance, you can choose between Balanced, Power saving, or Best performance. The higher the performance, the more processing power it requires from your device. If you have a powerful PC or laptop, you can try Best performance for the best remote play experience.
    • Third, check your network connection and make sure it is stable and fast enough for remote play. You can test your network connection on your console by going to Settings > General > Network settings > Test network speed & statistics.
    1. Avoid using other devices or applications that consume a lot of bandwidth on your network while using remote play.
    2. If possible, use a 5 GHz wireless network instead of a 2.4 GHz wireless network. A 5 GHz network has more bandwidth and less interference than a 2.4 GHz network, and it can support higher video quality and lower latency for remote play.

We look forward to your next response.

Regards,

6. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Nic335

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems like you are having an issue in regard to the input lag when remote playing on your Xbox Series X. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

Based on the information you provided, it seems like you've already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps. However, there are a few more things you can try:

• Make sure your Xbox Series X is connected directly to your router or modem via Ethernet cable. This will ensure the best possible connection.

• Check your network settings on your Xbox Series X. Go to Settings > General > Network settings and make sure your NAT type is set to Open. You can also try running the network troubleshooter to see if there are any issues.

• Try adjusting the video quality settings on your Xbox Series X. Go to Settings > Devices & streaming > Remote features > Remote play settings and try lowering the video quality to see if that helps with the input lag.

If none of the steps above works for you. You may get in touch with our Xbox live support for further assistance.

Click here: Contact us | Xbox Support

Regards,

Thema:

1. Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles. - Similar Threads - Input Lag Remote

2. My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.: For the past few months, my keyboard will have random times where it has input delay. Ive reset the drivers, used a diffrent keyboard, scanned for viruses, lowered graphics while playing my games,...
  3. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  4. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay: Hi there! In October, I purchased another Xbox Carbon Controller plus a new Xbox Adapter. I gave me previous Xbox Carbon Controller and adapter to my brother. Thing is, my previous wireless...
  6. Fortnite lag spikes and input lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite lag spikes and input lag: I play fortnite competitive and been having problems with inputlag and lag spikes My pc and xbox are both experiencing the same problems when I'm in game, I don't play any other games competitive...
  7. remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine: so in the past ive used remote play with my xbox and it worked fine but now after some time when i remote play and play fortnite or warzone 2 my controller has way too much input lag icant move in...
  8. Input lag from series x controller on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input lag from series x controller on pc: when i use the rechargable battery (first-party not third party) i get input lag and joystick drift. this doesn't happen when i use regular batteries or plug the controller in to my pc. I have...
  9. Input lag on my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Input lag on my xbox account: Ever since I added a second and third account to my Xbox I’ve noticed more input lag when playing games? I’ve also noticed one of my accounts has more input lag than the other? Why hasn’t this...
  10. How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games: I have an issue with input lag mouse movement on several games using mouse razer death adder v.2 I think it's mouse acceleration lag as I overshoot the target location with the curser all the...