Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360

Discus and support Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [Sorry for a copied post, but nobody answered my last post] Hello fellow Xbox gamers. Awhile back I got a new shiny blue Xbox 360 E as a sweet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Randall Jimbles, May 19, 2015.

1. Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360

[Sorry for a copied post, but nobody answered my last post]

Hello fellow Xbox gamers. Awhile back I got a new shiny blue Xbox 360 E as a sweet Christmas gift, and I've been enjoying it ever since. But I recently decided to move it into my room and hook it up with my small 720p TV, and it didn't take me awhile to
    regret it and move it back to my PC monitor. The reason was the response time I was getting on the TV. It was horrible, and the only game that was somewhat playable was Minecraft. However, I know it isn't the TV.

Bare with me here as this will be a long description. My TV as mentioned before supports up to 720p. Before I hooked up the Xbox 360 E to the TV, I had been using the white Xbox 360 model (the old ones, I only want the E model so I can have internet in my
    room, and I will not buy an adapter). My TV supports HD but doesn't use HDMI cables, so I use the composite cable (the cable that is red white and yellow with the 3 other colors). When I use the white Xbox with those cables, the response time is good and is
    generally unnoticeable. Everything was playable.

Yet when I use the standard composite cables with the Xbox 360 E on that TV, as I said the response time is horrible. I know It can't be the TV as it works fine with the White Xbox 360 whether on 480p or 720p. My television doesn't have a game mode or any
    post processing effects (at least anything I can disable, I've checked everywhere in the menus).

So basically to sum it up, the response time is bad on the E model yet good on the White model no matter what cables I use. Any ideas people? And once again, don't tell me I should just buy the adapter unless I really have to, because such an add-on at such
    a price just seems ridiculous.

:)

Randall Jimbles, May 19, 2015
  2. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    HDR?

It affects you everywhere. Singleplayer or multiplayer doesn't matter. It's not like multiplayer modes have magic coding to counter a TVs bad input lag. The Samsung KS8000 has poor response time that counters any gains it has in input lag. Response time is something that affects everything you do, even when not inputting. So the clear choice should be going for a TV with a lower response time/higher input lag, if you have to make that choice.

Average for TVs 5-10 years ago. Now days, it's easy to get one that does under 25ms.

IndieRock, May 19, 2015
  3. DanRyder87
    DanRyder87 Guest
    Anyone here use a Benq rl2455hm? Or can i just get some help from anyone?

btw 5ms is the response time, not the input lag. lol

DanRyder87, May 19, 2015
  4. Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360

Is anyone actually going to help me? I always see people answering incredibly simple and stupid questions (some questions I see on here are equal to someone asking why the Earth turns and get many replies), meanwhile it takes me multiple attempts and multiple
    different websites to get an answer for a legit problem. If nobody is going to help anyone then Microsoft is just wasting money to keep this place up and I've just been wasting my time.

Randall Jimbles, May 24, 2015
  5. Hey there, hylianhero72! I'm very sorry to see any issues with the display on your console! Because you already have
    a thread open about this, I'm going to lock this one down.

If you haven't had a chance yet, please check out our
    Forum Guidelines and our how our Support forums work
    here. It can take 24 hours before Official Support can respond, and we ask that you bump your original thread instead of creating multiple threads. Confusion over what troubleshooting you've already done can set in, and it makes it more difficult for Support
    or our community of helpful users to determine what has been done. Additionally, if you bump your post too much, it can knock it down to the bottom of list as we work oldest to newest (as well as being against Forum Guidelines to bump more than once in 24
    hours). For more immediate responses, you can always tweet our
    @XboxSupport
    Twitter account or
    contact us
    via phone or chat support.

Please keep an eye on your original thread for a post from myself. Thanks for understanding!

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, hylianhero72! I'm very sorry to see any issues with the display on your console! Because you already have
    a thread open about this, I'm going to lock this one down.

If you haven't had a chance yet, please check out our
    Forum Guidelines and our how our Support forums work
    here. It can take 24 hours before Official Support can respond, and we ask that you bump your original thread instead of creating multiple threads. Confusion over what troubleshooting you've already done can set in, and it makes it more difficult for Support
    or our community of helpful users to determine what has been done. Additionally, if you bump your post too much, it can knock it down to the bottom of list as we work oldest to newest (as well as being against Forum Guidelines to bump more than once in 24
    hours). For more immediate responses, you can always tweet our
    @XboxSupport
    Twitter account or
    contact us
    via phone or chat support.

Please keep an eye on your original thread for a post from myself. Thanks for understanding!
  7. Randall Jimbles Win User

Is anyone actually going to help me? I always see people answering incredibly simple and stupid questions (some questions I see on here are equal to someone asking why the Earth turns and get many replies), meanwhile it takes me multiple attempts and multiple
    different websites to get an answer for a legit problem. If nobody is going to help anyone then Microsoft is just wasting money to keep this place up and I've just been wasting my time.
  8. RhiTot Win User

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

FUF LP: Research done, best explanation here... www.displaylag.com/exposed-input-lag-vs-response-time

While I have to concede monitors do make a difference and can be significant, it is input lag not response time that is the real differentiation. While input lag does need a fast response time, if your input lag is significant it does not matter how fast
    your response time is. Read the link, it is very eye opening and provides a link at the bottom for display database since manufacturers don't provide this information.

That being said, this in no way lets Microsoft off the hook. Just a very interesting side discussion.
  9. Steelhouse1 Win User

What the hell lag EVERY GAME.

CODukes, remember that input lag is different than response time. The best monitors I have seen are about 9ms of input lag with a 1 seconds response. truly beast. I just (literally today) purchased a 27" monitor for my wife because I found my wife's TV has
    ~100ms of input lag (no game mode). 10ms input lag 6ms of response time. What monitor did you get? Whats funny is my TV a Sharp 52" from 2007 has a 30ms input lag. Which explains why I tend to do better than my wife... :)
  10. Smwutches Win User

Poor response times

The problem is, Microsoft does not run the Rewards program. So the Rewards program (Hello World) rely on their information from the Xbox servers. Sometimes the servers don't communicate properly and that causes issues. It just depends on how long it can
    take for the program to get the right information.
Thema:

1. Input Lag/Poor Response time on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Input Lag Poor

2. My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.: For the past few months, my keyboard will have random times where it has input delay. Ive reset the drivers, used a diffrent keyboard, scanned for viruses, lowered graphics while playing my games,...
  3. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  4. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay: Hi there! In October, I purchased another Xbox Carbon Controller plus a new Xbox Adapter. I gave me previous Xbox Carbon Controller and adapter to my brother. Thing is, my previous wireless...
  6. Fortnite lag spikes and input lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite lag spikes and input lag: I play fortnite competitive and been having problems with inputlag and lag spikes My pc and xbox are both experiencing the same problems when I'm in game, I don't play any other games competitive...
  7. remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine: so in the past ive used remote play with my xbox and it worked fine but now after some time when i remote play and play fortnite or warzone 2 my controller has way too much input lag icant move in...
  8. Input lag from series x controller on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input lag from series x controller on pc: when i use the rechargable battery (first-party not third party) i get input lag and joystick drift. this doesn't happen when i use regular batteries or plug the controller in to my pc. I have...
  9. Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.: Hi, I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X ) both of those machine will remote play to my...
  10. Input lag on my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Input lag on my xbox account: Ever since I added a second and third account to my Xbox I’ve noticed more input lag when playing games? I’ve also noticed one of my accounts has more input lag than the other? Why hasn’t this...