Input lag from series x controller on pc

Discus and support Input lag from series x controller on pc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when i use the rechargable battery (first-party not third party) i get input lag and joystick drift. this doesn't happen when i use regular batteries... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LGBTowo, Sep 29, 2023.

1. LGBTowo
    LGBTowo Guest

when i use the rechargable battery (first-party not third party) i get input lag and joystick drift.

this doesn't happen when i use regular batteries or plug the controller in to my pc.

I have tried replacing the battery, charging and replacing the controller itself

:)

LGBTowo, Sep 29, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing input lag and joystick drift when using the rechargeable battery on your Series X controller on your PC. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

One possible solution is to update the firmware of your controller. To do this, connect your controller to your PC using the Xbox Accessories app:

1. If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store: Microsoft Store
    2. Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    3. Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    4. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.
    Things to keep in mind

• The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.
    • Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.
    • To customize the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 in the Xbox Accessories app, make sure your PC has the latest fixes.See how to get updates
    • Bluetooth Low Energy requires a PC running the Windows 10 November 2021 Update (or later). To learn how to get the latest Windows update, see: Windows Update: FAQ

Another possible solution is to try using a different USB port on your PC. Sometimes, certain USB ports can cause interference with wireless signals, which can result in input lag and joystick drift.

Lastly, try to test your controller in another device, it should be tested to Xbox Console/PC and phone and check if both devices will display the input lag while gaming.

Let us know how it went.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

Since you've already gone through the troubleshooting steps and the controller is only 2 days old you have two option. You can either check with the retailer for a possible exchange/refund, or get in touch with the customer support for further assistance. If you happened to purchase the game from the Microsoft store then you will need to get in touch with the online team and they'll take in charge.

If you happened to go with the online team option you can access Contact us | Xbox Support, follow the instructions after clicking on the green button "Contact us" and choose to get help either from an online chat agent or request a callback. Make sure the region on the support website is set to your correct region in order not to find issues with the steps.
  5. LukeMQ Win User

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
  6. Roosevelt AlexanderG Win User

Not yet, still looking for a solution.
Thema:

1. Input lag from series x controller on pc - Similar Threads - Input lag series

2. My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard randomly starts having input lag and I dont know what do to.: For the past few months, my keyboard will have random times where it has input delay. Ive reset the drivers, used a diffrent keyboard, scanned for viruses, lowered graphics while playing my games,...
  3. Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Massive input lag in xbox cloud gaming: I recently got a controller and decided to try out xbox cloud gaming. I fired up No Man's Sky but I got MASSIVE input lag, like, easily 15 seconds of delay. Strangely enough, I don't have this...
  4. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  5. Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Wireless Adapter V2 having input lag and delay: Hi there! In October, I purchased another Xbox Carbon Controller plus a new Xbox Adapter. I gave me previous Xbox Carbon Controller and adapter to my brother. Thing is, my previous wireless...
  6. Fortnite lag spikes and input lag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite lag spikes and input lag: I play fortnite competitive and been having problems with inputlag and lag spikes My pc and xbox are both experiencing the same problems when I'm in game, I don't play any other games competitive...
  7. remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine

in XBoX Games and Apps
    remote gaming input lag with fortnite and warzone only the rest of the games are fine: so in the past ive used remote play with my xbox and it worked fine but now after some time when i remote play and play fortnite or warzone 2 my controller has way too much input lag icant move in...
  8. Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Input Lag Remote Play on Series X but not on older consoles.: Hi, I had a problem for quite some times, I used to be able to Remote play on my pc from both my two older xboxs, ( OG xbox one, And an Xbox One X ) both of those machine will remote play to my...
  9. How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to reduce input lag mouse movement on Xbox series x on several games: I have an issue with input lag mouse movement on several games using mouse razer death adder v.2 I think it's mouse acceleration lag as I overshoot the target location with the curser all the...
  10. Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying input lag on series x. Any fix?: I recently traded in my ex console for a new xbox series x. Very happy. However, there is something that has prevented me from enjoying the experience. On that console (ps5) I played a lot of...