Information about Xbox One PSU

Discus and support Information about Xbox One PSU in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I recently was having an issue with the original power supply unit that came with my Xbox One console. I know the are no longer being sold by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RaPnBaLL26, Oct 12, 2022.

1. RaPnBaLL26
    RaPnBaLL26 Guest

Hello. I recently was having an issue with the original power supply unit that came with my Xbox One console. I know the are no longer being sold by Microsoft, so I went online to purchase an authentic unit from a secondhand location. After receiving the item, I wanted to make sure that the unit I purchased was authentic and was an original PSU made by Microsoft. After looking at the backs of both of the PSUs, I noticed they had a couple of discrepancies, mainly the model numbers. I took some pictures to better show what I'm talking about. The first picture, which is my original PSU says the model number is A13-203N1A. The second picture, is the one I purchase from the second store. The model number on that one says A12-220N1A. I was wondering if anyone could help me distinguish the difference between these two and possibly tell me if this model number is the proper unit for my console. Any information would be great, thanks in advance!
    Information about Xbox One PSU [​IMG]

Information about Xbox One PSU [​IMG]

:)

RaPnBaLL26, Oct 12, 2022
  2. RaPnBaLL26 Win User

Hello Josef, I am doing great today and I hope you are as well. I see what you mean on the PSUs by "consumo de energia" and "en modo de espera". It seems on both of them the "en modo de espera" is the same, 0.11 Wh. However, under "consumo de energia", the one I just purchased does have a higher number (253.03 Wh) compared to my original one (234.2 Wh). Is the only difference energy efficiency? If the only difference is maybe a couple more dollars each year than its no big deal but does this effect console performance at all or will it potentially case parts to wear down faster since they might not be running as efficiently, such as the console or even the PSU itself? Thanks again for your help!
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, yes. Only the energy.
    I was doing some research about A12 power brick model and it seems that this power brick was included with the Xbox One "day one edition"

Basically is the first model of power brick (this explains why is less power efficient <power in terms of energy usage in your house>)

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xbox+One+Power+Brick+(Day+One+Edition)+Disassembly/66171

If you enter to the article and zoom the last picture under step 1, you can see that the model of the power brick match with the one that you bought

PS: Don't try to replicate nothing from that article, I only shared to show you the model of the power brick and the source to conclude that it is a "Day one edition" power brick

Ifixit is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today RAPNBALL26

The difference is that the new one is a bit less energy efficient.
    If you check "consumo de energía" and "en modo de espera" you can notice the major difference there. (In the A12 model the energy use is higher, but input and output Voltage is very similar)
    Probably the A12 model as their number indicate is a previous revision
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

New Xbox One Power Supply

Actually Microsoft has warned you against the use of xbox one consoles in other regions that have different power requirements:

support.xbox.com/.../about-power-supply

PSUs are designed to be used only in the regions where they are sold.

Don't try to use an Xbox One PSU that was built for a region that has different power requirements.

Don't use an unlicensed accessory, such as a non-Microsoft replacement PSU, or any accessory that plugs in between the console and the PSU.

Don't use the Xbox One external PSU outside the country where it was sold. If you use the PSU in a different country, it or your console may be damaged, and the warranty may be invalidated.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

US XBox One X in UK Voltage concerns

Sorry but the information in the link is wrong.

Power supply and cord

Xbox One S and original Xbox One come with an external fan-assisted power supply that measures 6.69 x 1.88 x 2.96 inches (about 17 x 4.8 x 7.5 cm). The size is the same in the 100-110V, 220-240V,
    and 100-240V versions.

Both the Xbox One S and Xbox one X have multi voltage Internal PSUs only the Original Xbox one has an external PSU.
Thema:

1. Information about Xbox One PSU - Similar Threads - Information PSU

2. Information Xbox physical disc. Help me

in XboX Insiders
    Information Xbox physical disc. Help me: Good morning I wanted information about the physical versions of Xbox games I am a collector and I only buy physical versions of the games. But is it true that Microsoft will take physical...
  3. What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if my identity of my face, Private information is exposed on a YouTube channel...: A gamer from Xbox name. [Gt:Wolfologies] Has exposed My personal and private information of my identity of my face and private information on their YouTube channel called. YouTube channel:...
  4. Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on...: Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on Apr 29th 2024. How to fix this? 5f5c40da-25b2-49d8-ab3c-2af5e2767c2a
  5. Any Informational Website for Complete Troubleshooting for XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Any Informational Website for Complete Troubleshooting for XBOX: Yesterday I visited a Page Change Brightness on PS4 , Now I am Finding a Source like this Xbox so that i can read all troubleshooting realted to XBOX at one place . Can any one guide me plz....
  6. Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox device portal not installing my apps. It keeps saying no status information to show: I’m trying to install the dolphin emulator from GitHub and when I put the appx into the bar and try to upload it just says not status information to show 8cb8d96a-05cd-43cc-b8d6-387c858bd906
  7. I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t click on anything, wrote down the information in the details.: Hello, I can't open anything on my xbox if I click a it notices it but it does nothing, I’ve tried to press down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, reconnected power source waited 10...
  8. How do I find out what account is using my card information.

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I find out what account is using my card information.: My card information is being uuused by another account and I would like to know the account so I can press charges. 682c5017-d291-4aae-85e6-acdcf7f8fe55
  9. Is purchase history specific to log in information or console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is purchase history specific to log in information or console?: We have many charges from xbox on our bank account. Our son said he didn't make the purchaes and that his friend probably did because he shared his log in information with his friend. We see the...
  10. Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development: Hello, I have a couple of questions: 1.I am having difficulty accessing the three NDA topics on this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/quick-links/hardware. All three...