Info about changing my router security protocol

Discus and support Info about changing my router security protocol in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi f248937a-345f-4bff-a574-3abeb6a59da4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kimberly Clark4, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Info about changing my router security protocol

Why doesn't Xbox one accept my wi-fi

:)

Kimberly Clark4, Jan 23, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Kimberly, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Which error message are you receiving?

Which Security Protocol is your connection using?
  3. ngocphi Win User

Should.be using wpa2 psk

Not.enterprise etc most consoles won't support pc.or business grade encryption
  4. DEADLYDONKEY20 Win User

Changing Router's Security Protocol

I have the same problem, if you connect it with an ethernet cable if you register your mac adress to the uni website
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Changing router's security protocol

Hey Klaus!

Thanks for bringing this issue to us unfortunately this has to be addressed by the school IT department since the issue is the Consoles MAC address has to be given permission to access the network. Reach out to them and they should be able to assist in the
    matter! Also try Clearing out the Network Card Cache (alternate MAC address) by following these steps:

To clear the alternate MAC

Settings

Network

Network settings

Advanced settings

Alternate MAC address

Select Clear and then Restart
  6. A WackyTaBacky Win User

Need access to the Preview Program forums - SERIOUS ISSUE NEEDS ADDRESSED!

Hi I did the windows 10 update a couple of days ago and ever since my xbox wont connect wireless to the router only by Ethernet cable I keep getting:

Your security protocol will not work: This console supports WPA/WPA2 (personal), WPA2(personal), and WEP network security protocols, but your router is using something else. You will need to change your route's configuration.

For info about changing your router's security protocol, visit xbox.com/networkhardware. After you have changed it, chck your connection again.

>Check again

I went in and check that my router setting were correct and they were set on the right settings I rang up xbox and of course no help the told me as this was a preview program problem I would have to come here as they don't have phone support for preview
    and I could only ask this question by replying to this thread can someone please help
Thema:

1. Info about changing my router security protocol - Similar Threads - Info changing router

2. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  3. Account got hacked and they changed all of the login info

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hacked and they changed all of the login info: They changed the login email address and password. I can see the new email address when I launch Minecraft on my computer so I can provide it. I submitted a form to get the account back multiple...
  4. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  5. security info change

in XBoX Accessibility
    security info change: hi i have recently changged my security info buut i can no longer sign into emails or signn into my xbox as a message pops up statingg the change i try to click on the next button but it does...
  6. cant get on xbox to security info change?

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant get on xbox to security info change?: it said it would not affect my ability to use xbox live :( so when i log in on xbox one i get a pop up saying "Did you request a security info change?" and yes i did due to the phone numberl no...
  7. security info change glitch..when attempting to sign into my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    security info change glitch..when attempting to sign into my xbox account: I recently changed the phone number linked to my Microsoft account, since then I have been unable to sign into my xbox account, I can login to my Microsoft account on my phone and computer with no...
  8. i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in

in XBoX Accessibility
    i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in: i have been hacked and they have changed my login and sercurity info so i cant log back in the email that was used was *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** but the...
  9. i changed my security info and cant sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    i changed my security info and cant sign in: I recently was stationed overseas so the phone number corelated to my one account was no longer use able, changed it to an email for verification and can't sign onto Xbox now. Just has a pop up...
  10. security info change glitch..i dont even know what to call it

in XBoX Accessibility
    security info change glitch..i dont even know what to call it: i dont understand why i cant sign in...i recently put new security info on my xbox account and obviously the 30 day wait is required which wouldnt usually be a problem but, i cant login to my xbox...