Incorrect gamer tag on email

Discus and support Incorrect gamer tag on email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, sons Xbox broke yeserday. Took advice from microsoft that the COD installation had caused problems with hard drive and was adviced to press... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FrostRichard1973, May 3, 2020.

1. Incorrect gamer tag on email

Hi all, sons Xbox broke yeserday. Took advice from microsoft that the COD installation had caused problems with hard drive and was adviced to press connect , eject and power and follow the instructions.

We now have a new gamer tag to the registered email and no games nor xbox live.

No one to call at the moment help, plus new Xbox

:)

FrostRichard1973, May 3, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Frost,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issue with an account. The most common problem with this is people log in with a different email than what is on the account. You can go to Xbox.com and try different emails. This will show
    the correct gamer tag when you log in with the right email.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. BlackmetalTuck Win User

merging gamertags

I have the same issue. Although when I try to log into my old gamer tag I keep getting the incorrect email/password message. This password/email however did work on the website. Any possible fixes?
  4. ExtantFiend6587 Win User

"Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now"

That's incorrect. It's like this:

A is my main email with the gamer tag I want GONE.

B is my old email with the gamer tag I WANT.

C is a Microsoft account I made to move gamer tag A to.

I just want to understand if I'm doing anything wrong here.

I downloaded both Xbox Live profiles to a 360 quite some time ago and made Microsoft account C around the same time. I'm afraid to use the Xbox One I bought a few weeks ago because I don't want to reset any timers. I'm looking to close old email accounts
    I have, and the one my main gamer tag (B) is attached to is one of them, so I need to move it to my main email (A).

I do not have the time to make phone calls, and the chat system will not work for me due to the issue that's shown in the imgur link.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Changing GamerTag

Hello Cry3,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with a Gamer Tag change you made on the incorrect account. The only available option would be to change the gamer tag on the accidentally changed account, then set the gamer tag on the correct,
    desired account.

I hope this helps!
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

Download old profile to new xbox-

The achievements are held on your account on the Microsoft servers. If your account isn't showing achievements it is likely you have accidentally used the incorrect login details for the account you wanted to access.

Try www.xbox.com/forgot to check the email associated with the gamer tag is the one you expected/have logged in to.
Thema:

1. Incorrect gamer tag on email - Similar Threads - Incorrect gamer tag

2. How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix my X Box warranty incorrectness in microsoft account: How to fix my X Box warranty incorrect details in microsoft account. I tried talk to agent but it always shows please try after some time. Please do the needful. Regards [mod removed - personal...
  3. Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on...

in XBoX on Windows
    Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on...: Warrenty information is showing as incorrect for my xbox x controller which I purchased on Apr 29th 2024. How to fix this? 5f5c40da-25b2-49d8-ab3c-2af5e2767c2a
  4. the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly

in XBoX on Consoles
    the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly: the Rewards page is displaying incorrectly, how do i fix it? [img] c35198f1-e86e-47c5-9e7c-24d0d6e97404
  5. Warranty incorrectly expired on the system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty incorrectly expired on the system: Hello. Appreciate if someone can advise me. i am from South Africa. I purchased an xbix controller on the 30 April 2023 with a 1 year warranty. It was suppose to be expiring in the 30 April...
  6. When I try to use my card it tells me that the data is incorrect, but it is not.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to use my card it tells me that the data is incorrect, but it is not.: When I try to use my card it tells me that the data is incorrect, but it is not. 2c836b18-423e-45a8-8704-5d2fe9be207e
  7. Xbox one achievements not showing up and gamer score incorrect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one achievements not showing up and gamer score incorrect: Hi my gamerscore particularly my xbox one achievements are either not showing up as completed and/ or some are incorrect. I am missing well over 100K in gamerscore. I have tried switching user...
  8. Incorrect gamer score

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incorrect gamer score: well i signed into my xbox account and it said i have 15 gamerscore when the day before i over over 3000 . Is something wrong with that 254f4b09-a01a-4457-afca-96bbf3df7381
  9. Incorrect XBL Gamer tag when logged on Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incorrect XBL Gamer tag when logged on Windows: Incorrect Gamertag, username displayed on windows. I can't use my XBL account: Spirit Bombs. I have not been successful in setting with my GT. Microsoft says my name is Battier Marlin (incorrect)....
  10. Incorrect Gamer Score - Borderlands Pre -Sequel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Incorrect Gamer Score - Borderlands Pre -Sequel: My gamer score for the game Borderlands Pre-Sequel is incorrect on Xbox Live. I have completed all 50 of the original achievements so I should have a score of 1000. When I check on my Xbox...